Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

may want to make sure you didn't send araki a picture of your dick & balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

You see, Ore Monogatari is actually a deconstruction of wfongrwgkdhbdkdsxfmvmh

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Srice posted:

This but sneaking the first two movies in after the OVA.

This last step is v. important because they own.

Also, holy poo poo! Remember when deen was good?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

sic transit anime mundi :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

took me a while, but :pwn:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

littleorv posted:

What is your favourite anime (yes, you)?

Probably The Tatami Galaxy. But there is a lot of very good anime out there, so I feel kind of bad deciding on a number 1.

dogsicle posted:

tvtropes chat: i like the site if only to easily find series with character archetypes i like.

agreed. without them finding good oppai loli is really hard

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

gently caress i took pictures of everything in the exhibit but the pictures aren't good enough :negative:

Now I will never know what girls really desire. Today is the worst day... :negative:

you were my only hope Crow!

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

I took 136 pictures do you think i should post the good ones

I'd be interested. Think maybe the shoujo thread wouldn't mind some too if you got something decent.
Did you get any eyes sparkling like the milky way?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

here are 2 of the good ones do you think i should post them

I don't know because they're not showing up in my browser. :v:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

you're going to get arrested

on the bright side he's going to be v. knowledgable about the world of shoujo manga. I think that's worth some time in jail.

e: Man, those look great! Nothing wrong with those.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

this electrical outlet is out of focus! I am the world's worst photographer! :cry:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

also, if you have any more of that art nouveau stuff, that would be extremely my poo poo. :swoon:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

it's almost midnight and you're making me want to read a LOT of shoujo right now... :smith:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Yeah, I've read some of it.
They used to come up in the sho&ro thread occasionally when people were in a mood for some oldschool stuff. Not sure whether that's still the case since I haven't dropped in there for a while. You should ask there probably.
But there's also some peeps I've never heard of that I really want to check out now because some of that art is really great!
Thanks for the dump!

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

wow, that was barely even english. i'd better get some sleep before I end up like that Kinmoza girl

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

idgi :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I see... :stare:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I would like to thank DrSunshine for watching that show, so we didn't have to.

e: gently caress! I just checked the thread and our Saviour was in fact Srice. I'm just going to stop posting now.

Jostiband fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 27, 2015

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

this is why we don't let normies anywhere near serious studies of anime history. i'm not even asking for a proto-Monster Musume angle, but are they really going to just ignore a useful analytical tool like the Catgirl Spectrum?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Also I hate to be reactionary scum, but the tradition answer of "a Toji" is way snappier than this mess. It is the superior version of the myth.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Way too drastic. They just needed to make one of them blue.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

you should watch Mellowlink because it's a cool action flick about revengening.
Its narrative also stands on its own p. well, but its primary purpose is for chomping down popcorn while dudes get venged on.

e: by "you" i meant Archer, and not Droyer. Votoms isnt very super.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

My avatar is the height of stylish minimalism. It does not distract from my excellent posting.
It does not rely on a viewer's framing or cultural competence to derive any meaning from it.
One cannot abuse it to comment on my or other people's posts through quotation shenanigans.
In not-being, it presents no weaknesses to the world and those that examine it.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

those are the things i tell myself whenever Namtab posts :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Did they get to the basement yet?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

People who play control are almost guaranteed to have some sort of hosed up event in thier childhood

i heard from a friend that sometimes they just really like playing card games with people so they make a dumb deck that allows them to play cardgames as long as they like (:()

All this Winderia posting is kind of really making me want to give Wings of Mayonnaise another watch sometimes.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

i'm 5000 years old but look like i'm 12

e: Still young enough to watch anime

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

hmm... I wonder if i've read Yikes' doujin before. i'd better go check

*starts unpacking 5 TB kaworuxshinji folder

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I read that as shortcomings and the sentence still parsed. Yay language!

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

That is usually the case, yes.

the day i found out the black lagoon opening was supposed to be english.... :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

this is a few pages back, but i dont give a gently caress.
Yesterday I was shaving in the morning and got startled by something, so now I have a big red cut straight across my nose. I was kind of hoping it resembles some cool scar earned in honourable combat that goes well with an eyepatch, but it just looks like I'm so bad at shaving that I managed to cut my nose somehow. :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Kylra posted:

Does it at least look like that red nose paint a la Dragon Age 2 Hawke?

Had to google that. But no, I wish.
It's a very shallow cut, nearly horizontal and somehow just above the tip of the nose. It looks really dumb.

wtb fine motor skills

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I should get around to watching conan again one of these days.
Then i'm going to post about it in the OP/ED thread despite it not being anime because that was a realy good soundtrack imho

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

i will check this all out

You should do so immediately after watching Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō, also known as His and Her Circumstances, also known as Kare Kano.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

They're right you know.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I can't wait for the dramatic final scene where a match appears out of the heavens and sets fire to a cardboard cutout godzilla. Emotional stuff.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

*top down shot of an enclosed underground space. It is filled wall to wall with hightech equipment of dubious nature, remnants of takeout food, and anime figurines*

Professor Watashi: "Amazing! It seems it might indeed be possible for men to understand the motivations and mannerisms of a creature that appears so terrifying and alien. If only... No, it can't be helped. I'm sure a woman like Colonel Vixen would never pay attention to what a loser like me has to say."

*wide angled shot of tangled communication lines as cicadas chirp in the distance*

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Good morning, Gorf! :)

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Give me dudes in rubber suits destroying models any day of the week.

i prefer men in latex myself, but i don't kinkshame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Hopefully Toho has someone with a whip and a large supply of anti-depressants.

Smoking Crow posted:

I like it when Godzilla knocks buildings down and steps on Japanese people

i prefer men in latex myself, but i don't kinkshame.

• Locked thread