Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
just thought of something: think anyone in Congress saw a penny or an extra vote from all of the millions that FIFA was shuttling around through US banks?

like hell they did

FIFA forgot to pay the piper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
this is europe's 9/11

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

this is europe's 9/11

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

this is europe's 9/11

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

this is europe's 9/11

hahaha

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Nooner posted:

FIFA is really bad the organization and the sport.

If you actually enjoy soccer than lol .. Just lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TEAYCHES posted:

indict the international olympic committee next

oh man if only

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

this is europe's 9/11

lmao

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdOFgDQIn0

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

• The Swiss Federal Office of Justice said the officials were arrested pending extradition to the US on suspicion of receiving bribes totalling $100m. The New York Times reported that the charges arising from an FBI inquiry include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, with the US Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch due to hold a news conference later on Wednesday.

lol 100 mil in bribes, these dudes are hosed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this is pretty much the greatest american victory since we killed hitler

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

this is pretty much the greatest american victory since we killed hitler got to see j-laws poosay

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol I wonder how angry the call Obama gets from Merkel is going to be this time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

D-Day 2: D Harder

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also sepp blatter sounds like septic bladder which fits him as a person

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Video of Sepp Bladder describing his life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7btbIVFF0

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

lol I wonder how angry the call Obama gets from Merkel is going to be this time.

???

Not one single person in Europe won't be cheering this on.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
literally everyone apart from african/middleeastern/asian warlords are really happy about this

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

opus111 posted:

???

lol implying an advanced level terminator like Merkel is a person.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009
only bad thing about this is that 6-15 people is only a very small fraction of the corrrupt FIFA officials that should be in jail, not in a 5 star hotel

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

opus111 posted:

???

putin's gonna be pissed at Merkel if Russia loses the world cup.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I've never felt so patriotic. This is loving amazing and unironically probably the best and most just thing the US has done regarding international relations in 15 years.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
corruption in a sport about diving like a little bitch?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

This is one of the greatest things to have ever happened. Ever. Jesus, I don't ask you for much, but please let America deliver freedom to sepp blatter too.

USA, I generally give you a lot of poo poo for being a dumb rear end in a top hat country, but you don' good this time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wonder what the scene at the International Olympic Committee looks like right about now. Throwing filing cabinets into wood chippers I'd guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fetus Tree posted:

i assume USA is primarily trying to take down FIFA so that we can increase the popularity if MLS and other american sports organizations

that would imply that even WE care about the MLS, and loving lol to that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so why do euros hate FIFA again? They are the people who bring bonita to the juego

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol 100 mil in bribes,

Holy gently caress that's a lot of money.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thoughts on this cool thing that happened and owns:

• lol the swiss extradition treaty with the US excludes tax crimes
  • team america, world police
  • international soccer, the most racist sport, is being owned by a black president and a black female attorney general
  • USA upset about not getting a world cup bid in favor of Qatar and (!) Russia/Putin (!)
  • warning shot for the IOC on torpedoing the most recent US bids in favor of Rio and Tokyo
  • this owns and I can't stop laughing
  • if some country does this to bush and cheney in retaliation that would be the end of comedy

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Prawned posted:

This is one of the greatest things to have ever happened. Ever. Jesus, I don't ask you for much, but please let America deliver freedom to sepp blatter too.

USA, I generally give you a lot of poo poo for being a dumb rear end in a top hat country, but you don' good this time.

who or what are you

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

• The Swiss Federal Office of Justice said the officials were arrested pending extradition to the US on suspicion of receiving bribes totalling $100m. The New York Times reported that the charges arising from an FBI inquiry include wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering, with the US Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch due to hold a news conference later on Wednesday.

lol 100 mil in bribes, these dudes are hosed

Oh no. Those poor bastards. 5 years in a minimal security prison with tennis courts and HBO and organic food. They'll get to keep their millions or billions and direct business from their comfortable studio cell.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Haier posted:

Oh no. Those poor bastards. 5 years in a minimal security prison with tennis courts and HBO and organic food. They'll get to keep their millions or billions and direct business from their comfortable studio cell.

I know it's popular thought to consider the relative luxury of a minsec prison to be bullshit, but if you know how particular the 1% is, this really will be like hell on earth for them.

When all you drink is Evian the tap will be like piss from the devil's cock

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol nice.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
we need the valuable input of the gay secret soccer thread posters

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ArmZ posted:

thoughts on this cool thing that happened and owns:

• lol the swiss extradition treaty with the US excludes tax crimes
  • team america, world police
  • international soccer, the most racist sport, is being owned by a black president and a black female attorney general
  • USA upset about not getting a world cup bid in favor of Qatar and (!) Russia/Putin (!)
  • warning shot for the IOC on torpedoing the most recent US bids in favor of Rio and Tokyo
  • this owns and I can't stop laughing
  • if some country does this to bush and cheney in retaliation that would be the end of comedy

i don't think americans quite understand the relationship between FIFA and everybody else in football nations... Blatter is like the most hated man in europe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

this is europe's 9/11

:vince:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLn-X8YJRg

Suck it eurofags, being gay is illegal in America.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

so why do euros hate FIFA again? They are the people who bring bonita to the juego
I mean it's an organisation that takes enough bribes to nearly hold a football tournament in the Middle East in the middle of summer, which they've now graciously toned back to holding in the Middle East during the important bit of all the domestic leagues (nice one FIFA).

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Department of Justice announces shocking new trial location: Qatar. Bill Clinton breaks a mirror.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Department of Justice announces shocking new trial location: Qatar. Bill Clinton breaks a hymen.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Haier posted:

As I understand it these fuckers are literally the 1%, and the US using the FBI hammer to steal freeze a bunch of assets and jail some entitled fucks is a beautiful story.

• Locked thread