Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Bernie Sanders should be President of FIFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Mein Eyes! posted:

who or what are you

16/f/california

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

indict the international olympic committee next

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Nanomashoes posted:

Department of Justice announces shocking new trial location: Qatar. Bill Clinton breaks a mirror.

Story has it when the US lost the bid Bill was so mad he tore apart his hotel room and could only be calmed down by a row of bare breasted interns.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

where can I find some real live authentic european responses to this. did we do good? i must know

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

argondamn posted:

where can I find some real live authentic european responses to this. did we do good? i must know
You done well.

Pictures of Obama doing an Abbottabad Raid-style hunt for Sepp Blatter would immortalise him as a hero around these parts.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Nanomashoes posted:

Department of Justice announces shocking new trial location: Qatar. Bill Clinton breaks a mirror.

I forgot that Ol' Slick Willy had a dog in this fight as well. Hopefully he finds a way to make this as painful as possible for everyone involved. :getin:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

argondamn posted:

on this very forum
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570853&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=78#post445815012

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This is sweet revenge on FIFA for threatening to kick out the Israel FCs.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ripoff posted:

I forgot that Ol' Slick Willy had a dog in this fight as well. Hopefully he finds a way to make this as painful as possible for everyone involved. :getin:

I want to believe that the Comeback Kid is the one that kicked off the investigation after a series of angry phone calls from his trashed hotel room.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

opus111 posted:

i don't think americans quite understand the relationship between FIFA and everybody else in football nations... Blatter is like the most hated man in europe.

good point. i guess i just want comeuppance. also USA saves your asses again like WW2 and the cold war.

"ArmZ" posted:

i guess i just want cum

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

it'll be interesting to see who the republicans hate more: Loretta Lynch or Eurotrash soccer millionaires

Apparently the latter as McCain sent a letter telling Blatter he should resign. :lol:

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

argondamn posted:

If we end up arresting Blatter, we can probably invade the middle east another 10 or 15 times just off the goodwill of that action alone.

Without him, maybe once or twice.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Ripoff posted:

Can someone expand on this a little? I'm not american and have no interest in soccer so I'm not sure what the tie to Clinton is

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

thunderspanks posted:

Can someone expand on this a little? I'm not american and have no interest in soccer so I'm not sure what the tie to Clinton is

He was the head of the US bid and spent a great deal of time campaigning to get the world cup held here. When Qatar was announced he was not pleased.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Five years later the people that angered him are as good as in jail. Coincidence?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

:bravo:
That's just beautiful, really.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

This one time I wanted to take a friend for dinner (wanted to get into her pants) so I asked my brother to recommend a restaurant. He said to try a place called auberge michele, and as we walked in there were all these photos of celebrities eating there. I thought to myself, hey that's cool, until I spotted his majesty sepp blatter in one of the pictures. My wallet shriveled up into itself and I quietly died inside.

And I didn't even gently caress her in the end :(

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Apparently, none of the indicted officials are European, and most are from Latin America:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/27/sports/soccer/the-fifa-officials-charged-with-corruption.html

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Helical Nightmares posted:

This really is hilarious.

Remember all the whining about how "the world Europe hated America under George W Bush and Obama will fix that"?

It's getting late in the game, this is a hail Mary but if it works they will love us

See I put in a little football metaphor here

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
how deluded do you have to be to think american football is anywhere as hosed up as soccer lol

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I was bored so here's this.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

It's getting late in the game, this is a hail Mary but if it works they will love us

See I put in a little football metaphor here

Yeah I was totally wrong. The pro USA response is almost like putting a man on the moon.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

cant wait for isis to start qataring off heads at the world cup

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What does tis mean for the next iteration of the popular FIFA: World Cup videogame series, OP??

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Someone quick, draw a political cartoon of Clinton shattering a soccer ball shaped mirror or something.

Or the mirror inscribed with "fifa" and the ghost of soccer rising from the ashes.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Nanomashoes posted:

He was the head of the US bid and spent a great deal of time campaigning to get the world cup held here. When Qatar was announced he was not pleased.

I want Hillary to win just so Bill could stroll up to the press and say "My pet project as First Gentlemen is the destruction of FIFA and all its people."

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Applewhite posted:

What does tis mean for the next iteration of the popular FIFA: World Cup videogame series, OP??

bonus ac-130 mission

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Applewhite posted:

Free to play*.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

soccer is for faggots

e: and little kids not old enough to play a real sport

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned
"Today, we're giving FIFA a..." *pause for effect * "..red card"

--The IRS, at a press conference moments ago

:iceburn:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'mm just glad we're going after the real bad aguys for once

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I hope they try to retaliate against the US by banning our team from the World Cup or some poo poo so we can laugh in their faces and issue more indictments.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I assume the headline on European newspapers today is something like, "America saves football, grateful Europeans agree to call it Soccer", right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my phantom dick is mad hard right now

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Pick posted:

my phantom dick is mad hard right now

This is gbs, its acceptable if you get a real one

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't give a flying gently caress about soccer like most americans but the sheer amount of joy and schadenfreude this is bringing out of the world is loving hillarious

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

TEAYCHES posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Nanomashoes posted:

Nanomashoes posted:

Five years later the people that angered him are as good as in jail. Coincidence?

Five years after what? The mirror smash thing seems to have happened only a year ago.

• Locked thread