Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Applewhite posted:

What does tis mean for the next iteration of the popular FIFA: World Cup videogame series, OP??

It's being combined with call of duty as you swat fifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So who are these guys?

quote:

five sports-marketing executives

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Once again the good old USofA has to unfuck Europe because it's incapable of doing anything right.

:911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

fifa, almost as corrupt as tom brady and the new england patriots

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Could the MLS be expanded into an international organization to replace FIFA?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Wall Balls posted:

fifa, almost as corrupt as tom brady and the new england patriots

I choose to believe you actually believe this

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Wall Balls posted:

fifa, almost as corrupt as tom brady David Stern and the new england patriots NBA

FTFY

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Could the MLS be expanded into an international organization to replace FIFA?

yes. tis is all lapretense to force the rest of the world to adopt the word soccer

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
OK I get that corruption is bad but they aren't like an NGO, they put on lovely sports games and everyone already knows they are hilariously corrupt.

Like unless you actually care about all those dead people building the stadium in Quatar does anyone give a poo poo that they were bribed to have their stupid game there in the first place?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Three Olives posted:

OK I get that corruption is bad but they aren't like an NGO, they put on lovely sports games and everyone already knows they are hilariously corrupt.

Like unless you actually care about all those dead people building the stadium in Quatar does anyone give a poo poo that they were bribed to have their stupid game there in the first place?

Gonna have to try harder probably

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Only you would find issue with a bunch of rich old men getting what's coming to them you loving killjoy

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
just pissed the corrupt refs are never corrupt in favor of team USA, and also that FIFA won't let world cup be played in USA, oh well, doesn't change the fact that FIFA is corrupt as gently caress but they couldn't give less of a poo poo about USA sanction, lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

quote:

Blazer's story is an interesting one. He spent millions of dollars during his tenure with FIFA and CONCACAF and lived an incredibly lavish lifestyle, including apartments in New York, Miami and the Bahamas. He had two apartments in Trump Tower — one, an $18,000-per-month unit he lived in and then a connecting $6,000 condo used mostly to house his "unruly cats."

Condos.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

You of all people know you don't keep unruly cats in your swanky penthouse apartment.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Infidel Castro posted:

You of all people know you don't keep unruly cats in your swanky penthouse apartment.

It was the condo with lesser swank.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Tezzor posted:

US DoJ indicted bears on charges of making GBS threads in woods

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Twitter posted:

The FIFA mess will have long boring stretches with an occasional exciting development. In the end no one will win. Soccer fans will love it.

:boom:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Anything to draw a card.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
next you're going to tell me that the olympic committee is corrupt, is nothing sacred

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

at least nobody in soccer uses performance enhancing drugs!!

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Can wait for the inevitable backlash to the USA team when they are banned from international soccer.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

zooted heh posted:

Can wait for the inevitable backlash to the USA team when they are banned from international soccer.

I think youre misreading how this is gonna play out really bad lol

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Sorry I was under the impression they were going to get away with it like they have been for years

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The thread about this in the Soccer subforum is great

stickyfngrdboy posted:

One thing one of you doj experts can educate me on: are the people who gave bribes guilty of a crime or is it only those who accept a bribe who are guilty?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

zooted heh posted:

Sorry I was under the impression they were going to get away with it like they have been for years

Nah the US DoJ doesn't just go after people 1/2 assed, if they have you in their crosshairs you hosed up. Plus the Swiss of all people handling everyone over and grabbing assets is a pretty major :stare:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

boom boom boom posted:

The thread about this in the Soccer subforum is great

just lol

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

LethalGeek posted:

Nah the US DoJ doesn't just go after people 1/2 assed, if they have you in their crosshairs you hosed up. Plus the Swiss of all people handling everyone over and grabbing assets is a pretty major :stare:

Not only that, but the FIFA people are being charged under the RICO statute. The FBI/DOJ going after you is only getting a very thorough rear end loving from the US government, but if they're using RICO on you then they're loving not only you but every one of your friends in the rear end and scientifically measuring who squeals like a piggy first just so they can slaughter the rest of them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tbp posted:

blatter : i wish that none of my cronies are able to compete with me for FIFA Presidency...

*finger on monkeys paw shrivels up*

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

LethalGeek posted:

The fact that, according to this:

https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/documentation/media-releases.msg-id-57391.html

the Swiss have 'banking documents' means that their poo poo is hosed. Sepp probably thought he was all sneaky keeping his money in Swiss banks.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
After the big to do about those accounts no longer being nearly as secure, that was some poor decision making

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this just keeps getting better

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
fifa gave a lot of money to the clintons, looking forward to seeing what that bought them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TEAYCHES posted:

indict the international olympic committee next

Ths on a roll itt

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I didn't care much for football before it was about old men in handcuffs.

naem
May 29, 2011

The us gov went after ex pats hiding money overseas in a big way during the economic crash, it's a lot easier for them to track people and their money down these days

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

gently caress the ROW posted:

fifa gave a lot of money to the clintons, looking forward to seeing what that bought them

Actually that whole thing has been driving me crazy, giving money to the Clinton Foundation is not a scandal, by all accounts the Clinton Foundation is a good organization that does poo poo like gets clean water to poor African children, that is supposed to be a scandal at the center of a scandal.

Maybe they were bad people that did a nice thing on occasion, I mean even Hitler liked dogs.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

Actually that whole thing has been driving me crazy, giving money to the Clinton Foundation is not a scandal, by all accounts the Clinton Foundation is a good organization that does poo poo like gets clean water to poor African children, that is supposed to be a scandal at the center of a scandal.

Maybe they were bad people that did a nice thing on occasion, I mean even Hitler liked dogs.

by "all accounts" do you mean "by zero accounts" since they're rated as "dont give these shady fuckers any money" by charity ratings organizations?

the only question here is what was being bought with the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
bill received 10,000 soccer balls with hillarys face on them probably

• Locked thread