Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I had a roller in middle school. It was great, especially when they gave you those heavy as gently caress text books and the teachers wanted you to bring them to class all the time.

I got some poo poo for it so in HS I went back to regular backpack but imo rollers are superior.

i would have loving MURDERED YOU if i ever would have seen that bullshit you loving wierdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

i would have loving MURDERED YOU if i ever would have seen that bullshit you loving wierdo

nah dude I would start spinning while holding the handle part and it'd be like mario and bowser in Mario 64 and I'd just swing that poo poo straight into your jaw and the wheels would shatter your teeth

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
can you believe these idiots???? they walk around all day rolling their little bags around like they are better than everyone else because they are nt actually lifting their bags. like they arer too good for it. they probably have some quasimodo lackey toting their poo poo around for them when they are at home and servants waiting on them hand and foot whilke they sip tea and eat crumpets in the loving conservatory.

roller bag people like this should be be killed and their bodies burned in a dumpster

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

nah dude I would start spinning while holding the handle part and it'd be like mario and bowser in Mario 64 and I'd just swing that poo poo straight into your jaw and the wheels would shatter your teeth

i highly doubt it. i know jujitsu :smug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i mean seriously, whats the deal with these people??? its all i ever think about. it consumes my existence. I cannot sleep, eat, or drink without these loving wierdos entering my consciousness and saturating my reality. there is no escape from the dread inducing visage of these mother fuckers wheeling their shithole bags all over this gay earth. the wheels are like fingernails on a chalkboard. i spend most waking hours screaming at the top of my lungs. please deliver me from this hellish roller bag nightmare..

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
ive been walking around w/ my roller backpack for like 3 hours OP, just wandering around. It's really working well.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

ive been walking around w/ my roller backpack for like 3 hours OP, just wandering around. It's really working well.

:byodood:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please explain to me how these "people" even exist. please.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

please explain to me how these "people" even exist. please.

You first tubby.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

You first tubby.

wow, rude

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
lol i know right and whats the deal with milk theres never any chocolate milk left in the cafeteria its always just regular and im like bitch, my mum packed me a dairylea snack pack i gotta get chocolate milk with that poo poo, also gently caress math homework aint nobody got no time for that

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i never see any dudes use these, but i see like 30-50 year old women around here using them all the time. they're also usually slow and block whole escalators so i get around them as soon as i can. seems like it'd be annoying to have tbh.

gay messanger bag superiority

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Who even uses a bookbag? Who are you kidding really, I had a single accordian binder and it was mainly for carrying drugs and cigarettes and putting in all the papers people gave me on the way to the trash

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
always have that one kid in school that carries a briefcase

weirder and more dorky than even the roller backpack kids

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
My parents made me use a rolling backpack for a while :( Other kids would fill it with dirt and stuff when I wasn't looking.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

pixelbaron posted:

in my school briefcase kid was called roland and he had a hunchback and smelled of poo

i bet he is a goon now, roland step forth

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pixelbaron posted:

the kid in my highschool who carried a breifcase killed himself, no joke

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
For people who need to carry a briefcase around, it's not so uncommon to use rolling ones.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
dad gay so what really mad at the banal observation that people who use roller backpacks in hs/college are invariably social misfits and weirdos.

BUT PEOPLE USE THEM IN AIRPORTS, said an idiot who completely missed the point.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I've asked myself this but about people w transition lenses

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i dont think ive seen a person wear transition lenses since 2006.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
there was a weird kid in my HS that had a roller backpack and he always sprinted everywhere so you could hear that motherfucker coming from like across campus with that loud rear end roll

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I used one in high school briefly but I was mocked and bullied mercilessly until I switched back to a normal backpack. The system works.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

i dont think ive seen a person wear transition lenses since 2006.

I have a friend who wears them, I feel exactly the same about it as I do about rollie bags

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder what ArbitraryC would do if he ever had a personality?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That's not to say I wasn't mocked and bullied mercilessly for my many other social failings afterwards.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dad gay. so what posted:

the kid in my highschool who carried a breifcase killed himself, no joke

lmao that is hosed up dude

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Because the things loving weirdos carry around with them take up a lot of room. For example, a collection of knifes or a several hand guns.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
A guy in my anthropology class used one and started every loving sentence "welll as a TEACHER myself I think....." and everyone wanted to throw books at him screaming "youre a loving special ed teachers AIDE, not teacher. You change tard diapers and wipe drool

gently caress I hated Charles. gently caress you charles.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i did an education module at uni and loving hell teachers are the #1 most annoying people to be in a class with, they won't shut the gently caress up about their teacher bullshit, and theyre completely retarded

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I knew a girl with a rolling backpack in high school. She was super conservative and once held a whole-school assembly where everyone had to go out into the track field and watch her ride her horse. She ended up going to an all-girl equestrian college that just shut down last year. Facebook tells me she just got engaged. We're both 23. I wish her well in her horse-filled life.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I don't get why people use roller-suitcases for carry-on luggage either. Inevitably, the handle is built for a loving hobbit so you're bent over and hurting your back the whole time anyway, and the rails and wheels take away precious space that could be used to carry things.

It's hard to find a good maximum-sized-carryon backpack that opens up flat, though. When my current one gives up the ghost, I'm going to be very sad.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
pretend i posted a gif or something of ron swanson saying real men dont get the ground to carry their luggage for them, my unironic opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

vug posted:

i did an education module at uni and loving hell teachers are the #1 most annoying people to be in a class with, they won't shut the gently caress up about their teacher bullshit, and theyre completely retarded

:agreed:

Had a Russian history class, I kept trying to say 1930s Russian film was a bunch of faggotry because they didn't turn their films into snuff films; they was purging millions anyway might as well have made their films more authentic and kill those people on film.

Twink professor didn't acknowledge the greatness of this idea and I was like "go gently caress your self rear end in a top hat, I should be teaching this loving class". A lot of poo poo like this goes on in so-called "academia." Ugh

• Locked thread