Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I play female characters in MMOs. MGTOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Wtf is omega male? I know alpha and beta and gamma, but this is a new one. Also what Greek letter is next, there should be betting odds on that.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I cried at the end of Toy Story 3. MGTOW

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like a lot of these guys could get gold medals in mental gymnastics with how they view "afc" and "beta" males. Yup that dude who enjoys a sunday morning roll in the hay followed by brunch with their best friend sure is a loser.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
let me show you how independent and strong I am and how little fucks I give by blaming women for all of my problems and devoting most of my free time to discussing why I hate them on internet forums.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm not really in to card games thanks though.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

be a legit feminist and get laid all the time because women like being treated like humans

or i guess you could spin out and live the loneliest life possible while telling yourself it's what you wanted, whatever

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
MGTOW is cool because the stuff they say is correct but they put it in such melodramatic and psuedo-intellectual words that nobody takes it seriously.

Aug 4, 2010

Paineopticon posted:

be a legit feminist and get laid all the time because women like being treated like humans

or i guess you could spin out and live the loneliest life possible while telling yourself it's what you wanted, whatever

lol if u think feminism is about equality, jealous of your sex with crazy chicks tho

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Also when it comes to sex I'm pretty sure many of them are PUA which surprisingly works if both you and the target have really low standards, but of course they can always fall back on date rape.

Most of them are probably abstaining from sex entirely, voluntarily or otherwise.

Really doing your own thing and not living to other people's standards is fine and dandy. It allows a lot of personal growth and most sane people I know have taken a break from dating and relationships so they can work on themselves. Unfortunately these dudes are broken husks who have either been rejected by women their entire lives or have had bad experiences in relationships and instead of examining themselves and their choices they decide it's society's fault.

They're basically the real life version of The Victims of the Smiling rear end from The Ladie's Man, only much more pathetic.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 28, 2015

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Paineopticon posted:

be a legit feminist and get laid all the time

lol if you actually think this is getting you laid.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Paineopticon posted:

Pretty much all the guys I've ever seen that make a huge display of being a white knight for women are failing to make up for their lack of physical attractiveness. You should obviously support feminism for a variety of good reasons but let's be honest here and admit that a fit cocky man's man is going to get a ton of rear end regardless of how he views or treats women.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
are these people like the sovereign citizens of gender studies?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
It's not so much that being a card carrying feminist will get you laid as much as being a misogynist, even a subtle one, is pussy repellent.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

a bay posted:

MGTOW is cool because the stuff they say is correct

:yikes:

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Wtf is omega male? I know alpha and beta and gamma, but this is a new one. Also what Greek letter is next, there should be betting odds on that.

a dude who spends time reading or writing websites like that instead of doing fun stuff, bettering himself mentally/physically, or establishing meaningful relationships w/ others

Baku fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 28, 2015

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Tricky D posted:

It's not so much that being a card carrying feminist will get you laid as much as being a misogynist, even a subtle one, is pussy repellent.

Basically if it's your first date and you have the choice of talking about how women deserve equal pay, or that all women are whores, I'm pretty sure I know which one is more likely to lead to sex.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

:yikes:

a dude who spends time reading or writing websites like that instead of doing fun stuff, bettering himself mentally/physically, or establishing meaningful relationships w/ others

Literally this. From the website:

Omega Male: The bottom of the barrel loser. A David Futrelle. A Manboob. The kind of failure who couldn’t get a woman’s attention if his life depended on it. Men disrespect him, and women are not even aware of his existence.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
pretty disgusted at the idea of finally coming around to justice and egalitarianism because you might get your dick wet

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
also i didnt bang that pregnant chick

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I really like the term Baby Rabies though

im rabies for babies

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

huskarl_marx posted:

pretty disgusted at the idea of finally coming around to justice and egalitarianism because you might get your dick wet

Yeah if I had to talk about the stuff that guy said on a date I would be single. And I am haha

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Tricky D posted:

this. and when you genuinely think of a woman as an equal and a fellow human, it's way easier to make a connection. it's not even some PUA poo poo, it's just knowing how humans socialize.

huskarl_marx posted:

it would be terrible if this was why you did it, but I bring it up as more of a happy side effect of being accepting of other people, not posturing so you can more easily stalk your prey

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I am literally disgusted that people are treating other people well in order to pursue sexual relationships. loving outrageous.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

huskarl_marx posted:

"If women want to be equal, they gotta bring something to the table."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what is this

this isn't metal gear...

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
im a lambda male

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm glad this thread instantly became about gbs's speculative protips on how to be drowning in pussy by pretending to like women

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's cool how these shitheads are voluntarily excluding themselves from the gene pool.

The funny thing is that there are various sects of the manosphere, and they all agree that things are hosed up but they don't exactly agree how it is that they are hosed up and what to do. Thus, you have the PUAs (who are going out of style), the Red Pillers, the Men's Rights faction, and the MGTOWs, etc.

MGTOWs (pronounced "migtow") have been made fun of as "men sent their own way" by some of the other factions.

Another interesting faction is the Red Pill aware Forever Loners, aka PUAhaters of which Elliot Rodger was a member.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Alpha males are the sort of men women want to instinctively have sex with. Beta males are most guys, whom women dispense sex to for ulterior motive reasons (cementing relationship, getting resources, etc.) Omega males are the lowest of the low like David Futrelle.

The delusion of the "Pick up artist" industry (and it's my thesis that MGTOW/Red/manosphere etc became a thing when people accepted that PUA was bs) was that a man could will himself to become an alpha, but people realized that was bullshit when they saw videos like this of pick-up artists at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV98C9BauGk

There's a fatalism to MGTOW/Red Pill thought that is far less romantic and hopeful. Ten years ago if you searched online about these issues all you'd find is pick up artist material. All those people tried pick up artistry, failed, analysed what was going on and started different schools of thought.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

took three clicks to get from mgtow to dark enlightenment anime

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
So these are the MRAs who don't pay for sex?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
realistically there's one alpha, a whole bunch of betas and one omega, and based on the BIOTRUTHS of THE ECONOMY, the alpha male is in mexico, his name is Carlos Slim, and the omega male is obviously the person with the highest debt after assets whoever that is (does anybody track this?)

however that omega male is likely a fit, young, attractive, charismatic person with an enormous house who is just in the middle of a leveraged deal that will make potentially hundreds of millions

maybe the world isnt as simple as presented by men going their own way

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Hand posted:

There's a fatalism to MGTOW/Red Pill thought that is far less romantic and hopeful. Ten years ago if you searched online about these issues all you'd find is pick up artist material. All those people tried pick up artistry, failed, analysed what was going on and started different schools of thought.

Yeah and it's always the woman's or society's fault. It's not because you're an unlovable twit who got confused and had to go back to the drawing board when your plan to trick and confuse women into sucking your dick didn't work out

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
so like are we seeing super wordy reactionary robot people in the dark enlightenment movement?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
like i dont know how you can read human history and come to the conclusion "we need to double down on oppressive aristocratic methodology"

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

*spends all his time on a forum complaining about women* MGTOW

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

huskarl_marx posted:

maybe the world isnt as simple as presented by men going their own way

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Paineopticon posted:

Yeah and it's always the woman's or society's fault. It's not because you're an unlovable twit who got confused and had to go back to the drawing board when your plan to trick and confuse women into sucking your dick didn't work out

Sure I'm a marginalized loser in this society, but what if we posit a radically different society in which I was cool?

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Charlton Heston you dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Paineopticon posted:

It is society's fault in a way. You see, when society was more conservative, it was harder to get divorced and people married young. This was a system that allowed men to equitably share the pussy. No really. That was the practical effect. It wasn't perfect, perhaps rich men and actors and night-club owners etc got extra women, but the average man has access to the average woman for the most. The Sexual Revolution upended this system such that, today, alpha males hoard multiple women's best years, thereby screwing over other males, thereby creating thirst and desperation.

Biologically, women are more valuable then men, so the called "white knight behavior" wherein the white-knight sticks up for women endlessly and women are never wrong etc kind of makes sense because female approval > male approval.

• Locked thread