Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

North Africa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A. Middle East, to tie off what the previous stand-alone mission started.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

b. Caucasus, to continue with the previous scenario in the Middle East.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yeah, that was an inane bullshit AI finish. This scenario needs another go sometime in the future.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

b. Kharkov

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

B. Husky, it would be a good follow-up to the last battle given that they are linked on the campaign tree.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

C, D-Day

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kangra posted:

And so much for the idea that the AI knows how to use ports correctly... (or maybe they just really wanted to keep England safe).

Well, if they can't fight you over there they'll be fighting you over here :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The I look at it, having held out for so long at St. Lo would give you plenty of time to have your forces at Bayeux move down to hit the Americans in the rear, thus trapping the them in a pocket that they wouldn't be able to escape from (especially given that at this point your minor units can retake the rest of the coastal cities). You wouldn't have many reserves left, and you almost certainly couldn't hold the beaches against a second, more determined invasion but you've killed enough Americans and British that it would buy Germany precious time to move forces west in preparation for the next invasion (would the failure at Normandy convince the Allies to try for Calais or Brittany, next?). Still, good job, Herr General :godwinning:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

C, and not just because the Battle of the Bulge is a fun thing to see played out, but also because fighting entirely in winter and often while it's snowing makes for a very different gameplay experience than usual.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kangra, will you be doing the Lake Balaton scenario? It's such a good follow up to this scenario in terms of difficulty and scope (not to mention the effect on the campaign tree) that it feels like it should be covered.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 3, 2016

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kangra, are you going to be posting the victory text screen for this scenario when you've finished it? Just asking because it's one of the endpoint scenarios so it would be cool to see it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Good job, Kangra. Do you have a screenshot of the victory text, though?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kangra posted:

Do you mean for Sealion? We get the victory over Britain text added to the intro for the next battle. It is just one sentence, like the message about beating the Soviets at the start of Sealion. If you meant for the one-offs like Ardennes, extracting the raw text is the best I can do without playing through the entire campaign (or hacking the game).

It's almost a trick that the dense area is easier to fight through, since you can get surrender results, and the enemy can't shift its units. The key to Sealion is rushing to Bristol & Birmingham, and also getting to Norwich before the Matilda spam overwhelms you. At least the 1943 battle is much easier than 1940; in the early war the Matildas become serious blockades, and you have fewer five-star units.

I meant the victory text for Sealion, so it's good that it's in the next battle intro text.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Good job, Kangra! Some of the later missions seemed kind of dicey, but you managed to pull through to major victory each time.

Now that the LP is over, will you be doing any of the other games in the series? Pacific General would make a great LP, if only to see how you handle the strangeness that is the Japanese campaign. It was ported to Windows 7 fairly recently, and it's available on GOG for $6 if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Go with Pacific General and the first option, that process worked very well for both Allied General and this game.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 30, 2016

• Locked thread