Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Going down to protest my property tax evaluation was a humbling experience. I have done this many times throughout my 31 years of owning property in Dallas. But this time was different. I was truly shocked and dismayed by the attitude of this appraiser.

I thought bullying or shaming was a nonstarter, yet every time I presented a legitimate bid to make needed repairs or showed pictures of deferred maintenance, I was ridiculed. I started off by stating a familiar rule in real estate that larger houses sell for less per square foot than smaller ones. The appraiser asked, “How many people live in your house?” I replied, “just me,” and she said, “You don’t need that big of a property” and went on to state that she lived in a smaller property and that was sufficient for an individual.

I hadn’t realized our city government was that far down the communist rabbit hole of “each according to their needs.” As I left, I was overwhelmed with the thought that if you live in an up-and-coming area, it doesn’t matter the condition, you will pay on the value they give you, regardless of needed repairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
/3O
shitthatneverhappened.txt

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Moridin920 posted:

/3O
shitthatneverhappened.txt

Three Olives, did this story actually happen?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
you own a condo lmao

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

you have a dude that is paid to haul your groceries. gently caress you. pay your property tax.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Suck it up you don't have to pay state income tax OH WAIT aren't you a trust fund babby

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you are seriously the least interesting dude in a forum of boring whitenoise motherfuckers and I don't understand why your dull life is a forums meme at all

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Going down to protest my property tax evaluation was a humbling experience. I have done this many times throughout my 31 years of owning property in Dallas. But this time was different. I was truly shocked and dismayed by the attitude of this appraiser.

I thought bullying or shaming was a nonstarter, yet every time I presented a legitimate bid to make needed repairs or showed pictures of deferred maintenance, I was ridiculed. I started off by stating a familiar rule in real estate that larger houses sell for less per square foot than smaller ones. The appraiser asked, “How many people live in your house?” I replied, “just me,” and she said, “You don’t need that big of a property” and went on to state that she lived in a smaller property and that was sufficient for an individual.

I hadn’t realized our city government was that far down the communist rabbit hole of “each according to their needs.” As I left, I was overwhelmed with the thought that if you live in an up-and-coming area, it doesn’t matter the condition, you will pay on the value they give you, regardless of needed repairs.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you are seriously the least interesting dude in a forum of boring whitenoise motherfuckers and I don't understand why your dull life is a forums meme at all

I like it when he stalks fat ppl at Walmart.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Friendly goon to goon tip, white noise is starting to slip into bandwagon territory . have to come up with something else soon

Heard it here first !

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
:gas:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Welcome to Obama's Gay America

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

OP did you mention you're a huge human being?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

By that I mean you are an overweight queer.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
drat 3O I knew you were old, but a property owner for 30 years? U pushing 50?

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

Captain Yossarian posted:

That is really the most interesting thing about this thread.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Captain Yossarian posted:

He has been owning himself consistantly, for his entire life.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ah, condo posting. How I missed you. :beerpal:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Remember that time you made a thread asking people to hang out with you for money?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hopefully that tax appraiser gets a lien put on your lovely condo, followed by a levy. :)

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Just suck the appraisor's dick and hope he doesn't hear about all that revenue from your gay brothel condo scheme.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kill the appraiser and then yourself.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

if yo owned property for 30 years you got to be at least 50, which I don't think the op is

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

suck someone's dick or kill someone

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
isn't a higher valuation good? liek you actually went to city hall and was like "look, LOOK AT THIS SHITHOLE!!!"

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Lol all you do is get two independent appraisals and the city will split the difference

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sorry the government took your money ):

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

high tax will make it much harder to afford Keurig cups

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
3O is like the main character in Thank You For Smoking if he never got any character development and just stayed an unrepentant douchebag forever

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mooktastical posted:

3O is like the main character in Thank You For Smoking if he never got any character development and just stayed an unrepentant douchebag forever

3O is the living hyperbole of american excess that immigrants think of when homosexual gentrification forces them out of their neighborhood.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

3O is the living hyperbole of american excess that immigrants think of when homosexual gentrification forces them out of their neighborhood.

Also the real tragedy is having the trust fund kid lifestyle in Dallas instead of higher tier cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHLJfxfXHBg

• Locked thread