Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Well yeah the movie was her last big chance to salvage her relationship with Michael Bay/Michael Bay's people after she acted like a brat on Transformers 2 and her meager attempts to give herself a career outside of Transformers completely failed to take. What's funny is the Honest Trailers douchebags immediately pointed out how the movie objectifies her to a crazy degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KueEWP91tWc

they reshot stuff so it was closer to the cartoon? why, did they think that half a dozen goons getting all :qqsay: on twitter was going to inspire a boycott and cost them $50 million

like seriously who gives a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Wicker Man posted:

It has the TMNT movie as the 4th. Is it any good?

Yeah its pretty good. The story about the bad guy and the monsters and whatever wasnt too good but it moved things along. The real point of the movie is the strained relationship between Raphael and Leonardo, and thats really good. Also the action is good stuff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

stop that

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I thought it was loving bullshit when they re-released Turtles In Time with different music and missing some levels.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

the first movie holds up well because it was based more on the tone of the original comics (which were themselves a piss take on the grim n' gritty style of comic that was popular at the time) and the movie delt with some pretty mature concepts - what is a family, how do you cope with losing a family member, child soldiers, etc.

the second movie is a lot worse in retrospect because it came out when the ninja turtles themselves were a legit children's phenomenom and the saturday morning cartoon was mega popular and the toys and video games were flying off store shelves. the entire movie is much more brightly colored than the first, and the there's a lot more slapstick and kid friendly humor, and of course there's a vanilla ice dance sequence. it'd probably hold the attention of a kid now-a-days too, but it doesn't offer a lot for adults

the third movie was a turd because it basically took all of the established characters and setting and threw them away and put the turtles in a bland adventure that ultimately doesn't matter because ~*~time travel~*~. it was a little more faithful to the comics, in as much as the later volumes got really into time travel and alternate dimensions, but it didn't really push the boundary of weird otherspaces enough to be interesting. instead it took NINJAS and put them in FEUDAL JAPAN and it was just painfully obvious that the turtles were going to be heralded as legendary heroes or whatever

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
Donatello is the smart one, but we can't just trust people to figure that out if they're somehow watching this knowing nothing about TMNT whatsoever. Let's give him nerd glasses just to be safe.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

homeless poster posted:

the first movie holds up well because it was based more on the tone of the original comics (which were themselves a piss take on the grim n' gritty style of comic that was popular at the time) and the movie delt with some pretty mature concepts - what is a family, how do you cope with losing a family member, child soldiers, etc.

the second movie is a lot worse in retrospect because it came out when the ninja turtles themselves were a legit children's phenomenom and the saturday morning cartoon was mega popular and the toys and video games were flying off store shelves. the entire movie is much more brightly colored than the first, and the there's a lot more slapstick and kid friendly humor, and of course there's a vanilla ice dance sequence. it'd probably hold the attention of a kid now-a-days too, but it doesn't offer a lot for adults

The first movie came out 3 years after the cartoon series began. By that point the turtles were already a phenomenon with toys and games and poo poo. I have no idea what went on with the second movie's tonal shift, but I suspect its entirely studio meddling.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The first movie is taken pretty closely from the comics, actually. I think the only real difference is which turtle ends up in a bathtub coma and in the comics they'd decapitated Shredder already once at the end of issue 1. (The one they fight later is magically reanimated worms, duh.)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Like I'm pretty sure I remember full pages of the dumb pseudo analytical poo poo April sketches/writes when they're at the farm house hiding out

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the best turtles

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think you mean teenage mutant hero turtles

I think nobody cares about your censored Eurotrash.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

So what did Michelangelo do in the EU? Just sort of run away while everyone else did the fighting?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

anyone got the gif or video of the ninja turtles jacking off around a pizza then they ejaculate on the pizza? asking for a firned tia

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

im pooping! posted:

anyone got the gif or video of the ninja turtles jacking off around a pizza then they ejaculate on the pizza? asking for a firned tia

:nws:
http://www.tcmag.com/magazine/pizza_circle_jerk_but_not_as_you_know_it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gutcruncher posted:

So what did Michelangelo do in the EU? Just sort of run away while everyone else did the fighting?

What do you mean by EU? The comics are the source material. Everything else is alternate takes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Eat my poo poo. The 2nd movie is awesome.
If you cant have fun and enjoy a movie about turtles flipping the gently caress out, Vanilla Ice and " NUM- NUMS?!~" then you are dead inside.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
op is a retard who didnt watch it with rifftrax

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I thought it was loving bullshit when they re-released Turtles In Time with different music and missing some levels.

bury my shell at wounded knee

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i saw this film and the special fx were really bad esp splinter that nigga look like gumby

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
shredder was cool af tho and them turts they was goin in on michael fastbender or w/e that white guy name was

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Yet another film that proves CGI characters can have more life in them than Megan Fox (then again, so would a lamp).

I had fun watching it, especially that ridiculous sequence where they're going downhill. Also had a chuckle when that one dude is like "they're aliens" and she's like "are you an idiot" and then they look at the camera and the nerds in the audience who were pissing poo poo over Michael Bay destroying their childhoods squirmed a little in their chairs.

naem
May 29, 2011

I would like to hump megand foxx

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
80s jumpsuit boobs April is the best April.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
i worked for a tv studio that made the live action turtles tv series by saban and the exec producer had one of the original costumes in his office when the entire studio "mysteriously" burned down several years later and everyone was very sad

welp thats my turtle story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymFDtbk2teE

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

op is a retard who didnt watch it with rifftrax

harsh

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dillbag posted:

i worked for a tv studio that made the live action turtles tv series by saban and the exec producer had one of the original costumes in his office when the entire studio "mysteriously" burned down several years later and everyone was very sad

welp thats my turtle story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymFDtbk2teE

Are you glad they've finally made a movie that can rival that show for "worst TMNT"?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Light Gun Man posted:

Are you glad they've finally made a movie that can rival that show for "worst TMNT"?

What? That show was high-quality animation at it's finest!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

watch transformers 4 while drunk and stoned its WAY BETTER

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nonviolent J posted:

why they have no cocks

Have you even SEEN the movie? :rolleyes:

http://www.theonion.com/video/michael-bay-gives-fans-sneak-peek-at-ninja-turtles-36528

(Very :nws:)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

What? That show was high-quality animation at it's finest!

Talking about the live action show that Dillbag said they worked on. It was very, very bad.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Wrong people that keep claiming the 2nd movie is good, answer one question for me.

What exactly is the secret of the ooze?

It's right there in the title but the movie is so poo poo they forgot to give the ooze a loving secret. It aint "it mutated them!" cause that was no secret.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Wrong people that keep claiming the 2nd movie is good, answer one question for me.

It's right there in the title but the movie is so poo poo they forgot to give the ooze a loving secret. It aint "it mutated them!" cause that was no secret.

within the context of the movie universe, they didn't really know that

e: the secret wasn't being kept from the audience, but from the turtles themselves

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I would have to view it again but I am mostly certain in the 1st movie they are shown to be aware of their origins.

Edit: Yea, 25 minutes in Splinter tells April the origin with the turtles sitting right there chipping in their 2 cents. https://youtu.be/UyKntwBEB0I?t=25m31s

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 29, 2015

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Cry Havoc posted:

the best turtles

you left out the robot turtle shameful

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

homeless poster posted:

the third movie was a turd because it basically took all of the established characters and setting and threw them away and put the turtles in a bland adventure that ultimately doesn't matter because ~*~time travel~*~. it was a little more faithful to the comics, in as much as the later volumes got really into time travel and alternate dimensions, but it didn't really push the boundary of weird otherspaces enough to be interesting. instead it took NINJAS and put them in FEUDAL JAPAN and it was just painfully obvious that the turtles were going to be heralded as legendary heroes or whatever

The original 1990 film was shot on a tiny budget of $13.5 million with a bunch of no-name actors and a no-name director and pulled in a domestic box office of $135 million, making it a smash hit success and the fifth biggest film of the year, beating films like The Hunt for Red October and Total Recall. For the second movie they tried to recreate that formula with another small budget and more no-name cast and crew (and MASSIVE studio interference telling them to cut out all that violent ninja poo poo and instead have them fight with yoyos and deli meats) and it pulled in an okay box office. The third film had an embarrassingly bad box office and was demolished by Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, Beethoven's 2nd and Last Action Hero :v:. (It did, however, do a lot better than Coneheads which also came out that year and is the only other movie of note by the guy who directed the first TMNT film. Well, unless you're old enough to remember Electric Dreams.)

When Bay's TMNT came out I was really mystified as to how the gently caress this obviously malformed abortion of a movie could have come into existence so I did a bunch of research into the production which ended up as some essay-length effort-posts in Cinema Discusso if anyone is interested. The tl;dr version is that the film was coming in 2 years late and 50% over budget so the studio closed down the production, fired the writers, brought in a new guy and went "Here's all the scenes we've filmed, we can't afford any more effects so you figure out how to connect all that together without costing us any more money" and he went "Make 50% of the film about April O'Nei!l" which is why you hardly get more than glimpses of the Turtles until 20 minutes into the film.

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

Did it pass that movie test for having two females talk to each other about not-guys? Or did it fail because April talked to Whoopie about anthropomorphic male turtles?

Strangely enough it officially passed all 3 Bechdel tests
http://bechdeltest.com/view/5687/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles/

Gatekeeper posted:

"fudge off with your list 2 was in every way superior to that tmnt puke bullcrap"

- david fuckin warner
:hfive:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 29, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Splinter knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Cyberball 2072 posted:

The secret was carbonation made them die or something. I don't remember, something about drinking a soda and burping made them die. That's how they killed the bad guys at least.

• Locked thread