Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Very simple general networking question since I'm pretty clueless about this poo poo: I want to change my IP, and I can't really find any way to do it.

I've followed the advice Google regurgitates at me and it's not helped much:
- First the usual reset router and/or leave it off for 6/8/etc hours a few times, to no avail.
- Second checking if I can do MAC cloning on my router, which it seems I can't. At the very least I can't find any place to interact with the MAC address at all.
- And third, contacting my ISP as the rules so wisely suggest and asking directly if they can change my IP/the router's MAC address, but apparently they won't do that.

So now I'm kinda stuck. Do I have any recourse beyond just waiting?

I'm in Norway, using NextGenTel as my ISP if that means anything to anyone. My router is an Inteno DG301B-R1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
It doesn't appear that there's a way to do this with the equipment you have. You'd need a way to present a different MAC address to your modem, and since you have a combo modem/router box that isn't capable of that you're kind of screwed.

• Locked thread