Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Harrower posted:

Lol if you are a goon guild master in even the shittiest of early trashcess garbage games and not logged in 23.5 hours a day. Not like it matters anyway since both guild halls have merged into one super guild hall of useless failure after being stuck in the roll back zone for nearly 3 days.

You should probably stop playing this game, it can't be good for your heart rate

Edit; what we are most likely going to end up doing is add a guildhall to the new expansion (might have to expand it a bit further) and have that as a secondary guild site with all crafting tables / storage etc. It is not ideal, but with the current system we don't have too many other options.

Jaroslav fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

I'm so psyched to play this lovely game. I will play every lovely incarnation of this lovely game, forever. Hell yes

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

a slime posted:

I'm so psyched to play this lovely game. I will play every lovely incarnation of this lovely game, forever. Hell yes

Your first task is to endlessly harass Jaro for not playing enough even though he plays enough.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I applied for the guild last night and 10 minutes later I wasn't in the guild. Unacceptable.

Jk, I threatened some random hobos around a campfire with a knife, stole their firewood, and then logged off in the goon shanty town.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Harrower posted:

The goonbase went from a couple shacks and a campfire next to a lake, to a frontier fortress, to a favela in less than a week. It looks really loving funny right now because it's currently in this little 3 hour window where almost no other goon but me is logged on to kill zombies and fix walls, and I'm not in the mood to fix walls because it means I can just jump over them to get through various guild locked gates rather than having to do roof top acrobatics/wait for a guild hall to phase in from the nether realms at the same time the deadbeat guild master is logged on. Shout outs to jimlit and ruggan who just built cabins off to the side giving literally zero fucks about anything at all.

I do wall duty all the time, I even went around fixing the cabins too =(

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Made it to the Goon town, only like 3 deaths on the way. I "applied" to the Guild Jaro runs, but the 2nd Guild Hall won't let me do anything, it just says this building is empty??

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Once zerric is on he will hopefully be ld to make us a new guildhall, then someone will have to step up and organise the second guild / guild area.

Hopefully they will increase the guild cap at some point so we don't have to have this hassle, but for now this will do!

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Does this game feature parallel planes of existence a la Salem's mines

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

a slime posted:

Does this game feature parallel planes of existence a la Salem's mines

The game info on the website talks about stuff like that so maybe in the future, at the time i have not found anything like that

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
so.. does no one play on eu?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
There is an EU server?

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

We all play on the US Server. As a euro, i have not found any particular issue with the increased ping

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Harrower posted:

Shout outs to jimlit and ruggan who just built cabins off to the side giving literally zero fucks about anything at all.

holla back baby.... I was actually instructed to build out there because the slums were full, :goon leadership:

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Ruggan posted:

holla back baby.... I was actually instructed to build out there because the slums were full, :goon leadership:

I set up a shack outside as well, needed a place to put all my poo poo, I can migrate wherever once Guild 2.0 is figured out.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Please post more Tree of Life badgame antics to sate those of us who cannot yet play

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Group of two red named guys go running past me, one of them turns around, swings his broadsword at me and hits me for 14 damage. I pull out an iron sword and slap his poo poo for 40+; they start running and screaming 'gently caress you' until they get ambushed by Useless and Jaroslav, who almost one shot one, and spent about 10 minutes hunting down the other before killing her twice.

Come play this game, it's loving amazing.

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

If for some reason you are on the EU server and want some easy, structured fun, spawn via the north west boat and cross the land bridge between the two masses. Immediately off to the right there is a "city" being built. Right to the south of that there is a Russian town. We've been raiding each other a bit and could do with a Goony touch.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

no criminals shall go unpunished

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Hell yes

There's no voice chat in game right? Why are all these lovely UO knockoffs lacking in voice chat

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

a slime posted:

Hell yes

There's no voice chat in game right? Why are all these lovely UO knockoffs lacking in voice chat

You can't screenshot voice chat :colbert:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Just in-case anyone is wondering how the climate of this game's community is for potential pubby tears. Someone came to our base to let us know that auzuguwu was rude to him and asked that we take disciplinary action or face "war". This person was in his underwear, unguilded, and 100% serious.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

The game is becoming populated to the point of desolating the landscape of resources. There's only 1 NA server, and you can't run 30 seconds from our fortress without stumbling on a random settlement.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Enjoy.

greentext says: only warning duke, get your poo poo and get out

He proceeded to attack me, so I burned his settlement to the ground basically. I now have 86 hours of wanted time.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Remb posted:

The game is becoming populated to the point of desolating the landscape of resources. There's only 1 NA server, and you can't run 30 seconds from our fortress without stumbling on a random settlement.

This means people are going to be shitters about exploiting the PvP mechanics. There's word on the forums about reworking them a bit, but for the time being keep this in mind.

You can kill people's animals, pick up things on the ground, and build stuff in people's territory without becoming a "criminal". Expect people to exploit this to be shitters. Unless you are positive your dick is the biggest, best to avoid going criminal as long as possible. IF you want to extract the most juicy pubbie tears, aggravate them until they smack you and go red, then take advantage of the fact that you can beat them senseless without any repercussions since defending yourself while red just makes you more red.

I did this earlier when I stumbled across a guy with like 8 fenced in sheep. I picked up one and started walking away going "TASTY". He hit me til red, then realized his mistake too late as I murdered him and all his sheep while his ghost called me a "n.....n......n....ooo..ooooo...b.b.b....b..."

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Can we get the second Guild going? Tired of being pk'd by auzuguwu outside goon town because I am red and don't play nice with the general public. You owe me 10 charcoal btw!

Also, will there be fishing pacts negotiated with our locals, or is everyone fair game? Because there are some juicy rear end targets close by. Not sure how I will ever not be Red.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 4, 2015

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Remb posted:

Was noticing that too on the euro server, its like loving Glastonbury with the amount of goddamn tents and campfires you're tripping over everywhere. I hope they add some kind of territorial pissing mechanics like sign posts to eventually scare kids off lawns.

Jaroslav posted:

We all play on the US Server. As a euro, i have not found any particular issue with the increased ping
Was worried the ping will end up being an issue eventually, but its hardly a serious business game. Just made "wit" for the yank server, will hop on CTS when I've slowly tree-punched my way from the south west tomorrow!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
You know what also has all these features, OP, yet is not in early access? Minecraft. Plus, it isn't obviously designed to be a mobile game targeted at very young children or perhaps those suffering from dementia. Food for thought!

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Forgotton posted:

Also, will there be fishing pacts negotiated with our locals, or is everyone fair game? Because there are some juicy rear end targets close by. Not sure how I will ever not be Red.

No fishing pacts. Ever. This is not Archeage.

Murder all pedophiles and their defenders.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

at the date posted:

You know what also has all these features, OP, yet is not in early access? Minecraft. Plus, it isn't obviously designed to be a mobile game targeted at very young children or perhaps those suffering from dementia. Food for thought!

D- please apply yourself in the future

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Rafzakael posted:

D- please apply yourself in the future

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

that is a p sick view

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Word

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Bought it, will be on soon to increase the slums.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Forgotton posted:

Can we get the second Guild going? Tired of being pk'd by auzuguwu outside goon town because I am red and don't play nice with the general public. You owe me 10 charcoal btw!

I just hit 25 carpentry and will get to work setting up a second guild tonight.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So I ran into a village that had a red flagged player. I killed and looted him while his yellow buddy was severely cucked. Then 2 more guys come out of the woodwork and start losing their poo poo saying that I killed their friend and it's time to pay up. But it wasn't until I harvested their tomato field that I really crossed the line, so they rushed me with shovels and fishing rods. I bandaged and waited til they all turned red and then massacred the whole lot of them...... Until one more showed up; the tough guy of the crew. He told me to stop picking on noobs and called me out on my cowardice. He challenged me to fight a real player. Here's how that went:

People absolutely go insane if you mess with their farmville tomato patches.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 4, 2015

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Jimlit posted:

I just hit 25 carpentry and will get to work setting up a second guild tonight.

Let me know if you need assistance getting things set-up. I just stole a cart from a faraway keep.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Let me know if you need assistance getting things set-up. I just stole a cart from a faraway keep.

My power is out right now, so whenever that comes back on I'll get on it

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Male cows have been confirmed for producing milk. Also, if you make love feed animals get an "in love" buff but don't appear to gently caress, even when opposite genders.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The night is dark and scary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

minecraft sux bad graphics

• Locked thread