Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Male cows have been confirmed for producing milk. Also, if you make love feed animals get an "in love" buff but don't appear to gently caress, even when opposite genders.

are you sure you're not collecting semen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Biowarfare posted:

are you sure you're not collecting semen?

No?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Semen is not only nutritious, but it also has a wonderful texture and amazing cooking properties. Like fine wine and cheeses, the taste of semen is complex and dynamic. Semen is inexpensive to produce and is commonly available in many, if not most, homes and restaurants.

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

How To Eat Stinky Pussy
Paperback
$19.24

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

People absolutely go insane if you mess with their farmville tomato patches.

A thousand times this - and its loving hillarious. I found these three dudes in a small village with about 8 plots of crops ready to be harvested. I walked up and just started harvesting their potatoes and carrots and they lost their poo poo. They decided to attack me and once they turned red I put em down. One of them lost a full inventory. He wasn't too happy afterward... :shrug:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Griefed 5 people going criminal because I had to kill their cow on noob island. Friend and me are starting our journey to live in the slums.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Set up a second guildhall east of the main base. I started the walls but could use some help. It also needs crafting stations.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
pubbies.jpg

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
After a quest to the desert to find wolves for small leather which turned up to be a waste of time, I was at least able to save a reindeer. The slave owner even had the nerve to follow me home to the slums.

After he left I was able to free it from this mortal coil.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Good work poaching a reindeer and bringing back to the illustrious goon favela. Why was a trip to the desert a waste of time? Wolves and lambs drop small leather by the stack.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Jimlit posted:

Set up a second guildhall east of the main base. I started the walls but could use some help. It also needs crafting stations.

Is your name Jilith? If so, your map is wrong (blue circle too far east). If not, then your guildhall isn't anywhere in the area you marked on the map.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

No it's Jimlit, the guild is named Goon. The guild hall may have been destroyed as I wasent able to finish the walls last night.if it is just farm some coins and fix it up.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Found it, 4535 5702, pretty much straight north of the blue circle. It's in the forest.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 4, 2015

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Sheep posted:

Found it, 4535 5702, pretty much straight north of the blue circle. It's in the forest.

I'll update the map and op tonight.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Sounds like they patched it today so you can't jump over walls.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Jimlit posted:

No it's Jimlit, the guild is named Goon. The guild hall may have been destroyed as I wasent able to finish the walls last night.if it is just farm some coins and fix it up.

Also please don't build any personal stuff near the guild hall untill we can get it walled off and crafting stuff set up. If I have to go red tearing down your lovely tents I will kick your asses back to shanty town.

If you want to start building crafting stuff let s keep it to one side of the wall towards the flat area so we have room to throw two sets of Walls around it (I'm shooting for an outer stone wall when I hit 30 carpentry).

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Mentioned it a couple of times but the fishing hut, which is rafza's cabin next to the lake and the "paywall", is full of oils and leathers and meat from fishing and for anyone in lowtaxed. If you arent in lowtaxed but need some, let me know and I'll pull it out for you. If it's empty I will fill it back up in a few hours when I get off work.

Alternatively, if anyone is feeling generous, I need some small leather. I'm currently red so travelling to collect some is a bit tricky.

We have the oils to keep lights going during the night, and I don't have a problem restocking then so we can actually see what we're doing, so go ahead and use them for the braziers or lanterns or whatever

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 4, 2015

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

I'm going to be out of town for a few days. My house is in the favella area in Lowtax base so if people could repair it if some zombies/assholes break it that'd be neato.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

With the new patch, walls actually mean something now. You cannot jump over even wooden walls anymore unless they are broken. Arrow towers are also stronger, and the arrow crafting recipe gives 40 arrows instead of 10. So overall they added in some major fixes to base defense.
With this in mind, we are planning a new base that will accommodate multiple guilds.

1 section could have workshops, guild halls, and communal storage. We can have side-by-side gates at the entrances and connecting points so multiple guilds can come and go, and since walls actually keep people out the work stations don't need to be guild locked so we only need 1 set for everyone. Personal housing could be in a outer layer with watch towers. Here's what I'm thinking so far, let me know what you guys think:

Red gates could be for guild 1, blue for guild 2. If we need more guilds, we can just add in more gates.
Personal housing could line the outside of the outer wall when we run out of room inside.

We found a better location than our current base with plenty of space. Concerns are mostly going to be about how much we want to include personal housing since it seems like there will never be enough room for demand. We could even skip the outer wall and just have secondary bases nearby that are simple wooden walled areas for housing.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 4, 2015

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
This game has a lot of potential.

Edit: even lovely crude arrows hit reds for like 30-40 damage now so arrow towers are no joke. I griefed this guy by loading his own arrow towers with arrows while he was red and let his own base murder him over and over.

I am liking that new base idea and vote we get on that immediately because I am tired of favela life.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 4, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Agreed on the new housing idea. I will be home in two hours and can start collecting and help build what we need.

Where would we put it, or would we blow up the current base and build it anew?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Agreed that's a much better idea than splitting into multiple bases. I think the base should be limited to guild crafting and storage only. The issue has been with inactives leaving their houses all over the place. We can make goon ghettos as the need arises.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Jimlit posted:

Agreed that's a much better idea than splitting into multiple bases. I think the base should be limited to guild crafting and storage only. The issue has been with inactives leaving their houses all over the place. We can make goon ghettos as the need arises.

Basically what I said in mumble, keep the weapon/armor storage in the center with the guild houses and crafting places, use the middle for shared housing and keep personal stuff outside incase someone dies and never comes back.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

:goshawk:
NEW HQ is secured and being built.

Coords: 6300, 3700
BLUE CIRCLE is our base.

Our base is now set up for 2 guilds. When the first one is full (Jaro's), Jimbit will make another guild.
So new players will need to jump in the CTS mumble and have someone let them in to apply at the guild hall.

-Feel free to place ONE personal cabin along the outside of the walls in row with the others. If you need more than 1 personal cabin, please do it away from the base so we can put up another row of walls and cabins if needed later.

-Please be patient as only the guild master can accept an application. Don't slum up the outside of the base while you wait.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 5, 2015

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Could put communal storage for each guild on opposite sides that way there's no mix up - one guild on north, one on south or something. Maybe instead of the outer ring we just do two outer areas and then let people erect slums around the walls? That'd cut down on outer wall construction by like a third at least.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

It's happening now. We are heading out.
We are going to need such a large enclosure that we decided to just start with wood walls and convert to stone as we can -- Otherwise we will have an unsecured base for days before its finished.
So our biggest needs are now just Braided Straps and Wood.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I made a gently caress ton of paper tester running around goofing off and I just threw it away cause I didn't want to hold it.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Look what i found when making my way to the new base

stacks and stacks of wood just laying around

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The swamp is a ghost town. There's a few nubs in the desert ripe for the picking!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Stringbean posted:

I loved playing H&H way back with some of you folks.
On the fence about this...thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HbQlAjre2Q

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Got sealed inside the Guild Town while I went away to eat, now I can't get out!
Really need to get into the guild.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
New home inner fort is done, good work guys!

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Updated the info a few posts back with coords to the new base, pictures, and other stuff.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
really good work today guys, we managed to build up a whole new base in just a few hours! Now commence making our new home as desolated as our old became :3

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Jaroslav posted:

really good work today guys, we managed to build up a whole new base in just a few hours! Now commence making our new home as desolated as our old became :3

poo poo really should have been tedious, wasn't. 10/10 would hold left mouse button down beside trees for hours again.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Baldbeard posted:

Updated the info a few posts back with coords to the new base, pictures, and other stuff.
subforum/thread is public if that matters

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Biowarfare posted:

subforum/thread is public if that matters

Should be fine. Nobody should get in if they aren't on mumble and the info is in a private thread. Only other way is to post here.

As for our location, the whole biome is probably weeping already.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Even if people can't necessarily steal all of our stuff, everyone should still make it a habit to close the doors when entering or leaving, even if you'll be exiting soon anyways.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Only gripe is not being able to open the doors myself atm. Good thing zombies can open walls.

Edit: game became alot more fun once I got access inside to all the tables to start making stuff. Very grindy stuff.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 5, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh, also, if you see me on but standing around doing nothing, it's because i'm afk trying to run out this criminal timer

90 loving hours ughhhhh

i'm naked and carrying nothing so if anyone comes and kills me not a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Dying doesn't reduce the timer at all does it?

Best part about killing reds is killing them again when they come back to get their stuff.

• Locked thread