Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killaer
Aug 4, 2007
but do the girls sometimes make a male character, just to see what it's like to live as a big, muscled orc warrior?

makes u think...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Girls don't exist.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
Almost all the girls in there have giant penises from the 'roids they must take. As women are too weak to wear that much armor and swing the swords for as much dps.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
im gay

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

What the gently caress is a Toon

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

quote:

toon

it's called a character you pubbie filth

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

bloodsacrifice posted:

Almost all the girls in there have giant penises from the 'roids they must take. As women are too weak to wear that much armor and swing the swords for as much dps.

Yes. Yes they do. They really do.

WoW roleplaying servers are a messed up scene, man.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

blowfish posted:

why dont they call it a character then

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 29, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pivotal Lever posted:

why dont they call it a character then

the direkkktors developers are pubbies

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

blowfish posted:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

very rare to see women playing male characters in mmos but it does happen occasionally

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
i have a couple of berlf toons female titty toons

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

bloodsacrifice posted:

As women are too weak to wear that much armor and swing the swords for as much dps.

all video game girl characters should be huge musclebound weightlifter types. not only would it be more realistic but it would also probably make people angry

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Judging by whats happened to friends, half overplay the possession of a vagina, while the other half keep that "salient" fact very much to themselves.
Obv I hang out with the former half occasionally to hoover up required "gifts", oh, and this is not on wow, as its soooo crap.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

staberind posted:

Judging by whats happened to friends, half overplay the possession of a vagina, while the other half keep that "salient" fact very much to themselves.
Obv I hang out with the former half occasionally to hoover up required "gifts", oh, and this is not on wow, as its soooo crap.

what the gently caress are you saying? are you a girl? get out of my thread you roast beef curtains vagina heh

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
WoW set feminism back 100 years. Take Mankrik's Wife for example. We never even learn her name, that isn't important. She is the property of Mankrik, the coward who won't wonder out into the Barrens and find her. And all the player cares about is that some MAN can have closure after his OBJECT of a wife dies.

She had a name, Blizzard. She was an individual.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Minorkos posted:

all video game girl characters should be huge musclebound weightlifter types. not only would it be more realistic but it would also probably make people angry
Agreed for high strength toonettes...

But equally disappointing is the lack of scrawny male body types. How are you supposed to play a sneaky thief or a scraggly wizard with the musclebound default model?

(Hunchbacked old crone also missing)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

why do you say roll

like what does that even mean

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Back in the day new toons were written on toilet paper (you'd go thru a lot of em before the games became player coddling theme park rides). Hence you "roll a toon"... and the term stuck ever since.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

kecske posted:

why do you say roll

like what does that even mean

in dnd you rolled dice for your stats when making a character so the word stuck

i do not like when people say the word toon though

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

WoW set feminism back 100 years. Take Mankrik's Wife for example. We never even learn her name, that isn't important. She is the property of Mankrik, the coward who won't wonder out into the Barrens and find her. And all the player cares about is that some MAN can have closure after his OBJECT of a wife dies.

She had a name, Blizzard. She was an individual.

I don't know what to say to her. Should I tell her she's gorgeous, or would she find that creepy? Maybe I could tell her I admire her poise - but then she might think I don't have any personality!

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't know what to say to her. Should I tell her she's gorgeous, or would she find that creepy? Maybe I could tell her I admire her poise - but then she might think I don't have any personality!

Stand behind the tree and stare at her until she takes off her clothes and runs at you.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Vargs posted:

in dnd you rolled dice for your stats when making a character so the word stuck

i do not like when people say the word toon though
Common misconception but the term already existed before Gygax and co introduced dice to the hobby. True competitive roleplayers would never allow randomness to determine the outcome of a quest, let alone the long term fate of a toon.

I for one am glad that WoW had the sense to respect the heritage of rpg games

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Men get to be big ugly monsters while the chicks are just human women with fangs or different colored skin.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME

ThaGrandCow posted:

Stand behind the tree and stare at her until she takes off her clothes and runs at you.

Get your dad to buy you a bmw, and expensive sun glasses. Women love that poo poo.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Wicker Man posted:

Men get to be big ugly monsters while the chicks are just human women with fangs or different colored skin.
Not true. With today's advanced physics engines they can also have tails

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

DeepQantas posted:

Not true. With today's advanced physics engines they can also have tails

moore's law has increased computing power to the point where jiggle physics can be applied to multiple parts of a character model

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Only time I ever played a male character in WoW was when I played a troll. Female trolls look stupid compared to the males. Like I want to play a gangly, hunched, tusked monster not a normal chick with weird hands and feet, gently caress you Blizzard. :spergin:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DeepQantas posted:

Agreed for high strength toonettes...

But equally disappointing is the lack of scrawny male body types. How are you supposed to play a sneaky thief or a scraggly wizard with the musclebound default model?

(Hunchbacked old crone also missing)

Literally one of the major reasons I stopped playing.

That and literally all MMO's are gigantic garbage.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

What the gently caress is a toon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm in touch with my inner feminity, because I usually play support characters in MMOs and they are mostly women. By being a good support I also further equality for women by creating an image of a capable woman.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

DeepQantas posted:

Common misconception but the term already existed before Gygax and co introduced dice to the hobby. True competitive roleplayers would never allow randomness to determine the outcome of a quest, let alone the long term fate of a toon.

I for one am glad that WoW had the sense to respect the heritage of rpg games

I would never let anything let alone random happen to Wolfyser Emperor of the Anxiety Club.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

blowfish posted:

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Goonies and their toonies lol!! Always making threadies on the gibbisies

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Minorkos posted:

The D3 fembarb actually made a lot of people hilariously angry just by existing, for whatever reason. Ditto with the giant pink haired chick in that new thing they're doing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ronwayne posted:

The D3 fembarb actually made a lot of people hilariously angry just by existing, for whatever reason. Ditto with the giant pink haired chick in that new thing they're doing.

The giant pink haired chick is legit hot and anyone who complains about her is a literal bitchboi.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

lol if you still play wow

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Randarkman posted:

lol if you still play wow

wow if you still play lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Do you think there's a lot of fanart that ships her with the Heavy from TF2?
Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread