Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

It's a crowdfunded faux 80's action movie, but stay with me, don't run away. It's funny as hell, featuring Thor, dinosaurs, Hitler, and Triceracop. Invest 30 minutes and watch this amazing short film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

watching right now

will post review 30 mins from now

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
someone already posted a thread about this earlier and it turned out that literally every gbs poster is much too cool to enjoy fun things like this movie

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i liked it a lot though it was p good

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

ROFLburger posted:

someone already posted a thread about this earlier and it turned out that literally every gbs poster is much too cool to enjoy fun things like this movie

gbs posters hate everything because they hate themselves. love yourself and love this film

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
if you dont literal lol at that arcade bot scene at the beginning then you're a loving subhuman cretin

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

ROFLburger posted:

if you dont literal lol at that arcade bot scene at the beginning then you're a loving subhuman cretin

*removes shirt because mom's basement isn't air conditioned and its 80 degrees at night* Arcade Machines don't have articulated joints!!

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

reminder: reddit already has a thread about kung fury with 5k+ upvotes and 2k+ comments. Something Awful.. I thought I knew you.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

goons fail to appreciate a piece of art yet again, time to go to bed and ruminate on the purpose of this web forum

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
I was like, "pfft, I'll watch the first minute.." I'm halfway through now. Awesome, thanks for posting.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

this is pretty great because they didn't try and run out the joke over 90 minutes and just went for the sweet 30 minute mark

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
80s movies didnt have cgi. ill finish it later.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Get Tony Jaa then we will talk money.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

This is a funny video original poster thank you for posting this!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I thought it was going to be bad, but it wasn't. A lot of the jokes were actually funny jokes instead of 'it's from the 80's so wacky' which is what I was expecting. Good for them, I'm glad they did a good job and probably had fun making it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It was really good and I was glad to have watched it.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

I am glad you guys have enjoyed this video film, I didn't back it or have anything to do with the production, a friend showed me it and I wanted to share it with some good goons :)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am glad they did it as a short, 90 minutes of that would have overstayed it's welcome but 30 min was cute and fun.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
can someone explain how it works? how do they make the action scenes? i dont really understand because most of these things are impossible in real life and even if you have a camera you cant replicate these types of things. how is it possible? i dont believe it at atll

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

killaer posted:

can someone explain how it works? how do they make the action scenes? i dont really understand because most of these things are impossible in real life and even if you have a camera you cant replicate these types of things. how is it possible? i dont believe it at atll

Ton of greenscreen, you see some of the production in the end credits.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
How does this compare to Danger 5?

e: yikes. whatever the opposite of charm is, this movie has it.

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 29, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ork of Fiction posted:

How does this compare to Danger 5?

Similar absurdist gonzo conceit, similar desire to kill hitler, better production values and more kinetic.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I didnt know they put out the full movie thanks OP

the music video is :krad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
BETTER THAN MAD MAX

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

This was hilarious as gently caress.

If you can't watch this and laugh, you are literally a broken person.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

ThaGrandCow posted:

This was hilarious as gently caress.

If you can't watch this and laugh, you are literally a broken person.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

It just keeps getting more and more absurd and funny, please watch it :)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

fake and gay

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Haven't laughed out loud like that in a while.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Just seems like Danger 5 and Blood Dragon blended together? Sounds good but just surprisingly similar?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Uncle Wemus posted:

fake and gay

WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS A DOCUMENTARY AND IS 100000% REAL

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
cool

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I watched. It was pretty okay.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Rabite posted:

BETTER THAN MAD MAX

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
It's a good thing they didn't hit one million dollars. They would have pulled a John Romero and we would be talking about how terrible it is and they would blame all the backers, just like John Romero.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I read that they plan on making a longer length film because they got funded by some big dick producer. So the opportunity to go John Romero on this thing is still present

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
:goshawk: wtf is this poo poo and where can i get more

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

also watch danger 5 goons it's cool and good

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
hey guys lets copy danger 5 but not do it anywhere near as good yet still make a shitload of money in the process

guys: OK!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

luncheon meat posted:

hey guys lets copy danger 5 but not do it anywhere near as good yet still make a shitload of money in the process

guys: OK!!

also condensed into 1/7th the time

• Locked thread