Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I swear Doug was a loving mormon cartoon or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only one I remember clearly is the one where Doug is "hoss" and people were riding him or something so I'm going to go with that one.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
neematoad

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The one where he punched that goon kid, and the goon lived in mortal terror of doug while trying to act like some kind of Lex Luthor criminal mastermind against him.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
Mayor White takes over teaching the english class, makes everyone read comic books

Skeeter smuggles in a book and is reading it/hiding it behind the comic, White catches him

"Lord of the Flies? Religious beliefs can be read on your own time!"

Then White takes a pistol from his pocket and laughing, blows his brains out in front of the class

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

this thing cracks me up every single time

Argh
Feb 15, 2005
bangin on a trashcan

drummin on a streetlight

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Who the gently caress were The Beats supposed to be?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What if Doug was on tv today and not canceled due to low ratings?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
There was that time when they showed him in highschool (?), but I only watched one episode. Doug had a neckbeard, but that was all I remembered.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Doug's Lost Weekend was pretty chill. Also, the one where Skeeter was fuckall smart.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The only episode I remember is the one where Doug is a big ol' wuss and can't handle Robocop.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
The liver and onions episode.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Wicker Man posted:

The one where he punched that goon kid, and the goon lived in mortal terror of doug while trying to act like some kind of Lex Luthor criminal mastermind against him.

This is definitely the one and is also the only episode named thus far itt that I actually remember even vaguely

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like the one where they go to Funky Town and get lost and scared and the funky town horror comes and saves them I think, but then disappears because G-G-GHOST!

Also when Doug tries to go to a Beets concert but he can't get in but instead meets them at the Honker Burger parking lot and totally rocks out.

Also the time Doug wants the big basketball shoes like his basketball hero wears, but they're way too big and he can't afford them. Roger buys a pair for they're also way too big and he falls on his face. Also Doug ends up meeting his basketball hero at the mall after a signing and he signs his hero's shoes while his hero signs Doug's regular shoes.

These were pretty good from what I can recall.

I am Toni Lippi posted:

The liver and onions episode.

Is that the same as the Mystery Meat episode where he rallies his classmates against Vice Principal Bone?

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
Mr Dink....very expensive. Dink=double income no kids wow mind blown

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

Is that the same as the Mystery Meat episode where he rallies his classmates against Vice Principal Bone?

In the episode Patti invites Doug over for dinner and tells him that they're serving liver and onions. The whole episode Doug freaks the gently caress out because he hates liver and onions.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Quail man episode.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Chtpt (came here to post this)

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
My favorite was the one where he has crippling anxiety and self loathing and worries himself into a near-breakdown because of what someone said about him or what he thinks they think about him. The one where he has to escape into a mental fantasy land because he can't handle reality. The episode where his self-confidence and self-esteem are at an all time low. The one where he was neurotic as gently caress.

That's all of them.

Doug was my least favorite cartoon as a kid, because I thought he was a humongous bitch babby. I still watched all of them though, because I was a dumb kid.

The one where a baby said he has a big nose and he spends the rest of episode freaking out about it exemplifies Doug's issues. This show was unhealthy for kids.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
All of the ones where Roger threatens to cream him.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
The Abnormal episode was pretty hosed up tbh

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Haier posted:

My favorite was the one where he has crippling anxiety and self loathing and worries himself into a near-breakdown because of what someone said about him or what he thinks they think about him. The one where he has to escape into a mental fantasy land because he can't handle reality. The episode where his self-confidence and self-esteem are at an all time low. The one where he was neurotic as gently caress.

That's all of them.

Doug was my least favorite cartoon as a kid, because I thought he was a humongous bitch babby. I still watched all of them though, because I was a dumb kid.

The one where a baby said he has a big nose and he spends the rest of episode freaking out about it exemplifies Doug's issues. This show was unhealthy for kids.

Like Charlie Brown, the creator is bringing his own depressing childhood to life.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
whenever I get a haircut i think "getting my ears lowered" and snicker to myself

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That one episode where Luke Perry is on tv still and wears the same outfit Doug always wears. People accuse him of copying his style (and the whole school is wearing the same outfit) and Doug tries to convince people it was his style all along.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Dead Precedents posted:

Doug's Lost Weekend was pretty chill. Also, the one where Skeeter was fuckall smart.

What is the point of making a gif with only 3 frames in it? God that pisses me off

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

quote:

Doug tries to contrive ways to make his nose more inconspicuous and wears a suit, glasses, and plastic ears. When he shows up late in Mrs. Wingo's class, the teacher teaches primary variables. As Mrs. Wingo continues to elucidate the primary variables, Doug compares the math problems to how big his nose would grow as he ages: thinking if A equals how big his nose is now, and B represents his nose's annual rate with growth, then it would be his nose that would get a college degree. So Doug asks to be excused and heads to the restroom. Looking at his own reflection, he wonders if maybe he's making too big of a deal out of it. Roger comes out and mocks Doug's disguise. He convinces Doug not to get his picture taking, as it might elicit embarrassment due to how big his nose is.

Doug's imagination: Doug swaps his photo to Patti and Patti looks at it, only to get poked in the face by the growing nose that emerges from the photo.

During photo swap day, Skeeter had just taken his picture and as Patti and Beebe sit with them during lunch, Beebe asks Patti how her picture came out, to which the latter responds "Who knows?" Doug, trying to hide his prominent nose in front of them, becomes convinced that Patti and Bebe are mocking him already, and Bebe also adds that the girl in front of her was "nosey." Patti also adds that people should "keep their big noses out of others' businesses." Doug leaves the table and refuses to take his picture.

What a loving sperg

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Haier posted:

What a loving sperg

Who? Doug or the guy who took the time to lovingly transcribe the events of the episode into a wiki?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

Who? Doug or the guy who took the time to lovingly transcribe the events of the episode into a wiki?

Both. Preferably Doug, because without Doug we wouldn't have the spineless spergs that the show helped to create who would later make a doug.wikia

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

What is the point of making a gif with only 3 frames in it? God that pisses me off

:qqsay:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I miss Bob Ross, he was a cool guy.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like the one where he sits down with the Trailer Park Boys, but any of them with Pete Holmes and Todd Glass are alright.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
There was the episode where Doug manages to destroy Patti's old house and tries to make it better by giving her the doorknocker and I can't remember how it ends but it's like killing somebody's child and giving them a hand you cut off it as an apology

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

:eyepop: get a load of that snozz

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

You know what? Depending on her body, still might.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

THINK BIG!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The one where Mr. Bone is sent back home from Korea, but his plane is shot down over the South China Sea. Skeeter delivers the heartbreaking news: "There were no survivors. HONK HONK"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
There is a bomb in the lasagna.

• Locked thread