Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

hello byob! i'm on my break at work and i figured I'd treat myself today.

freeze dried strawberries! these babies command a price of $3.98, so i can only imagine they'll be delicious. okay, i'm gonna open them...

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mapparu

keep going...

landy.
these threads never go well, but it's strawberries so I'm cautiously optimistic

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

just eat normal strawberries smh

joke_explainer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

yeah 3.98 will easily get you a pound of 'rawbs

Scaly Haylie

oh my goodness gracious. sorry for the lateness of this post everyone, my work really likes to stop me from getting a 4G signal it seems!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

an excellent point, but these caught my eye and i figured what the hell. live a little, eh?

landy. posted:

these threads never go well, but it's strawberries so I'm cautiously optimistic

yeah! cautiously optimistic is how i would describe my attitude upon purchasing.

they don't LOOK so bad...but they're tart as f*ck! i know the package says no sugar added, but did they REMOVE the sugar from these rawbs or what? blech!

they're also pretty messy. i got strawberry dust all over my hands. if not for the taste, the powdery trainwreck within the bag would have been my LEAST favorite feature of the snack.

i cannot recommend this product, unless you want to crush the contents into an abundance of tart strawberry dust.

deep dish peat moss

I'm going to buy a bag of evaporated watermelon

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Hick Magnet posted:

I'm going to buy a bag of evaporated watermelon

don't, it's only .03% watermelon. the rest is chloraphorm

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
If you got those online their is a chance it's made with linty bitcoin waste heat.

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

All frozen berries are tart freezing them makes them that way

fuck. marry. t-rex

Add water corn starch and sugar and cook at a low heat in a pot for a long time and maybe take a robocoup to it

killmeimmafailure

by Nyc_Tattoo
I ate an entire bag of banana chips one time thinking that fruit can't possibly make me fat until I realized that there was like two grand of calories in the pack

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
make a snack unboxing video

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

my fat friend buying a salad for his healthy lunch: *smothers said in two packets of dressing so it looks like leaves floating in a vinaigrette sea"

I've told him to knock it off and he no longer does it in front of me but I suspect he still does it behind the scenes

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

social vegan

op got rawbed

joke_explainer

The water dilutes the natural flavor. The dehydrated ones are more dense so you're getting more flavor concentrated on fewer tastebuds. Cool tho thanks Landy

landy.

joke_explainer posted:

The water dilutes the natural flavor. The dehydrated ones are more dense so you're getting more flavor concentrated on fewer tastebuds. Cool tho thanks Landy

huh?

killmeimmafailure

by Nyc_Tattoo
coffee is served either hot or cold to mask the bitterness: fact

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
strawberries grow in factories now. gimme some of that refined poo poo, from the machine

----------------

BIG BIC SQUAD
Fresh fruit > non-fresh fruit 99.85% of the time.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
freeze dried fruit should only be sold in vending machines, and a conveyor belt brings it from there to your seat.

----------------

verily carefree

Candy tastes better than fruit AND has the same if not MORE sugars so chew on that.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I figure this is the place to ask but what's the name of that cool fruit that makes bitter or sour things taste sweet?

verily carefree

Here's something those doctors don't want you to know... You know those dollar menu items that are such a deal at fast food places? Often times they have TWICE as many calories AND fat as your "healthiest" alternatives.

What a freaking bargain!

Drad_Bert

by Smythe
I like oranges but theres no accounting for personal taste :yum:

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Chill la Chill posted:

I figure this is the place to ask but what's the name of that cool fruit that makes bitter or sour things taste sweet?

Synsepalum dulcificum, or "miracle fruit". Orange juice, Guinness, wine, lemons, and grapefruit are the best according to my scientific research. It works on vinegar, but it makes you feel sick.

----------------

nonazis

Qwerinty posted:

Synsepalum dulcificum, or "miracle fruit". Orange juice, Guinness, wine, lemons, and grapefruit are the best according to my scientific research. It works on vinegar, but it makes you feel sick.

but there is that one moderately rare fruit that makes everything taste like jellybeans. what is that called? I heard about it on NPR once because I'm that kind of person.

nonazis

oh, never mind. Synsepalum dulcificum is what it's called. I thought you were saying that's what the phenomenon was called. sorry.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

thank you I will try to get some and eat a ton of lemons :)

yoober

i love to eat bags of dried mission figs you should try those op

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

dried mangoes aren't as good as fresh ones but I always have some in my lunch box to eat throughout the day

BIG BIC SQUAD

Chill la Chill posted:

dried mangoes aren't as good as fresh ones but I always have some in my lunch box to eat throughout the day

:agreed:
They're better than a lot of other dried fruits though.
The one thing that bugs me is when there's a ton of sugar added onto them -__-

joke_explainer

uh... well, water has no real flavor right? like imagine you have a soup. add a gallon of water to it. it's less flavorful right? it's watered down soup. similarly, if you reduce the concentration of water in the soup, like say by simmering, the flavors get more concentrated.

shabbat goy

Congrats on the employment, OP

google THIS

blinking beacon nose posted:

make a snack unboxing video

it's grape
\

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

joke_explainer posted:

uh... well, water has no real flavor right? like imagine you have a soup. add a gallon of water to it. it's less flavorful right? it's watered down soup. similarly, if you reduce the concentration of water in the soup, like say by simmering, the flavors get more concentrated.

Water tastes like water.

----------------

real_slime

by Lowtax
fruits are for coots

----------------

Full-Bodied Flavor

blend the strawberries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I tried candied strawberries once and those were "TEH BOMB" as the kids say these days

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

• Locked thread