Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mistakes were made, and the first LP finished super early due to Ducks going thermonuclear way too early. Now we're back for Round 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: Let's Play Katamari Damacy! :siren: Our plight to return all the stars to the night sky has just begun!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

This isn't just any SSLP of Pokemon Green. We are playing Bootleg Green, which is a poorly translated bootleg of the original Green version. In this LP, we get a PET from Aochider/Okada/Auchyder in hopes of beating the PET alliance society!

:siren: Thread located here :siren:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Next Life is an adventure game developed by Future Games, the creators of The Black Mirror, which I guess was pretty good?

wikipedia posted:

The main character Adam Reichl possibly dies in a car accident and wakes up on unknown island in the middle of nowhere. He starts to explore and tries to find out where he is only to find that there are other people in the island seemingly from different time periods.

If that sounds interesting to you, you're in for a surprise. I can say with complete honesty that Next Life is the absolute worst game I've ever played. The only comparable game I can think of is Limbo of the Lost. I am so not making that comparison lightly. The main character is impossible to like, the graphics are a bizarre combination of high quality textures on low quality meshes, the plot is so bad that it gets worse the more you understand it, the characters are at best one-dimensional and at worst racist caricatures, and I'm not even going to start on the moon logic bullshit thrown around by the 'puzzles'.

Thread link!

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Let's try something silly and kind of (hopefully, potentially) excellent.

Here's the deal. I used MapCrunch to get a random google street view from SOMEWHERE in the world. We need to get to an airport. We can follow the roads anywhere to get there.

That's the base game, but on top of that, I want to basically DM being 100% lost and confused in a real life place. We're getting hungry, thirsty, and tired. We don't know anybody. We gotta survive to GET to the airport! I've got a whole story idea sort of planned out, a whole mess of characters / interactions / places to go, a few game ideas... but to start with, we're lost, SOMEWHERE, we might not speak the language, we don't see anybody, and we have to get to an airport.

Come in, check it out, and let's see where this weird idea takes us!

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Vampire Rain: Bring an Umbrella

Vampire Rain is basically a stealth/horror game that no one in the States liked.
Journey through the blandest streets of Los Angeles as Not-Sam Fisher, spooking civilians, avoiding almost unkillable enemies (who can two-shot you), and completing your objectives while being deployed from the worlds most heavily armored pizza deliver van.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Just started a new one yesterday.

Let's Play:

This is more a labor of love because I adored logging into the Experimental Gameplay website every week to see which new free prototype-y game came out. This is a pretty chill LP of games you probably haven't spent a lot of time with. The videos are short, and whenever a game has a fake leaderboard system built into it, we're going to try and keep track of people's scores in the thread. Somewhat of a Challenge LP.

THREAD LINK

Zarah
Sep 30, 2010

SUCCESS
There's only one way to go from the top.

Join me on a journey full of pirates and booty as we plunder our way through the Caribbean. Also we might assassinate some people as we go. Or something.
There's some modern day stuff too, but nobody cares about that.

In the vein of Geop's past LPs, I'm also producing separate history videos, so if you feel like learning about the Golden Age of Piracy then it's a good place to check in.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Join me, as I start an LP of a DBZ RPG! We're doing Attack of the Saiyans this go 'round, and it'd be great if you joined us!

Thread link is here.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736613

Doing an informative LP of Bloodborne.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Listen up, you filthy Gue'la! There's a Dark Crusade thread going on. Come watch the Tau Empire defend its planet from the uneducated hordes of alien invaders. I'm going to let the thread give the orders, plotting our tactics and battle strategy. Come fulfill your destiny as Gue'vesa and assist us in our fight. (Mandatory sterilization and re-education required for all new recruits). It's all for the Greater Good, I swear!

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - Tau Campaign

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Hey guys I heard there weren't enough Wind Waker threads on the forum right now so I decided to help. :)

Thread link

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Seeing as we definitely appear to have gotten over the hump of "Is this the sort of game we can discuss?", I think it's cool to post about the second LP I'm doing:

I Hate You All - An Examination of Hidden Object Puzzle Adventures in LP Form

Obviously, that's not the thread title you'd see (The image title is), but that's the basic goal. Come on in, wet your whistle on some design discussion! Updates should be Wednesdays and Saturdays.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm lping an adventure game. It's called The Gene Machine and is about a doctor moreau guy who is stopped by the world's richest rear end in a top hat

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736952&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post449051485

The Gene Machine!

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior

Let's Play Some Super Time Force Ultra

Let's explore one of the more absurd games to come out of 2014. This blind let's play should expect updates each weekend.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

MechWarrior (SNES) video LP

Playing SNES MechWarrior for the first time in 20 years. Updating a couple of times (2-3) a week until done.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

My name isn't Hero but I wanna go fast!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

If you're in the mood for some slightly insane pointing and clicking adventuring involving the German school system, a hero that's Indiana Jones in all but name and occupation, and a revolution where the intelligentsia and the proletariat combined forces, albeit shattering once the revolution was over, then this LP of Udoiana Raunes is what you're looking for!

Thread here!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Not quite so good as Dragon's Lair, nor so bad as Night Trap, Contradiction is an FMV murder mystery featuring Paul Darrow from Blake's 7.

Thread is here.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst game in a franchise that is infamous for its many very bad games. I am bound by a pinkie promise to LP it. Wish me luck!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

JordanKai posted:

Shadow the Hedgehog is the worst game in a franchise that is infamous for its many very bad games. I am bound by a pinkie promise to LP it. Wish me luck!

Good luck and have a fun time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

King's Quest is a rather good game made by a couple of rear end in a top hat thieves. I spent money on it so you don't have to.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Starting an LP of a fairly light ball-rolling maze game for the Wii, Kororinpa. Thread voting and cooing at cute animals inside:

Lolo De Puzlo
Aug 7, 2013

Your neighborhood lover of PUZZLES and PURE NONSENSE!

A Longed Led Fez : Let's Play Legend of Zelda Randomized!

Beloved Classic + RNG = Where the Hell do I go now?

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012

Doing a 100 % completion run of The Stanley Parable.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Teen Girl Squad! - 100% Final Fantasy X-2

This game has an ending cutscene that you're only allowed to see if you get 100% completion rate of the game. Despite trying to several times over the years, I've never seen it before. Getting 100% completion rate is loving impossible difficult, and you can fail it by 0.2% irreversibly, simply by not talking to a certain NPC before walking to the next screen. Or accidentally skipping a cutscene. Or choosing to not comfort your injured stalker. Or not realising comforting your injured stalker was an option. Thank god for save points.

I genuinely enjoy all facets of this game, from the almost undeniably fantastic combat system to the downright disasterrific characters and missions. We probably won't see eye to eye on this, and that's fine, you're allowed to be wrong.

Yes they actually have guns.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Libluini's Let's Plays Presents:

Imperium is a strange little space strategy game from 1990. It is utterly grey and colorless and consists of 95% dead silence. It is also a game for Amiga and Atari ST. Which means if you know anything about those two homecomputers, then you know this game hilariously under-utilises the hardware. It's like the two continously high students who made the game programmed a lot for the really tiny ZX80 before trying their hand at better computers or something...

If you go and look at my first 1-3 posts, you will also see the game is so shoddilly programmed it crashes if you move windows around and there are about a half dozen ways to suicide your drug-based empire early on. Fun. Well, for you not for me. :v:

Edit:

This is also my first official LP after some :effort:-attempts I made over time here and there, so if you want to see a moron bumbling around a lot, this LP is for you.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

A 100% Diablo III Coop LP!

Thread will vote on our starting class, all class specific story stuff with be shown off, collecting all lore and beastiary entries, ect.

Joining me are my friends Junos and Zarin as we begin a decent into the hell of collecting all of this junk.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

A Mongoose Traveller Game

A one-shot adventure with goons in a goon made setting turned into a regular weekly session, join the intrepid crew of the Aurora as they blunder through conspiracy, war and drug deals as they try and make the big bucks in a cruel, unforgiving universe.

Both video and audio only files are available for those who like to listen to PnP RPG's.

[PnP RPG: Traveller-The Coldest War]

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012

Romancing SaGa

Tired of playing the same old classic RPG in which you are only given one linear path to the final boss using the same characters? Well try this game out for size! Romancing SaGa is based fully around the idea of non-linearity and customization, and accompanied with masterfully written music by Kenji Ito and beautiful artwork from Tomomi Kobayashi on the side.
While the final goal might be the same, how you get there is completely up to you. On that note, it's not just about how you get there, but who gets there as well. Don't like character A? Don't use him/her, use character B, they are much better in ________ anyway! Don't like character B either? Luckily character C is right there! Hate them all and only like the main character? Solo the game with them with whatever weapon/spell set up you so desire. Hate everyone and want to see destruction and death? Well.. that kind of defeats the purpose, but there will be plenty of that as well!

In this LP I intend to let the viewer decide fully of how the game will play out. As we travel the grand world of Mardias, various quests and characters will come our way, and it is the viewer's decision on whether or not we go forward with the quests, recruit characters into our final party, or fire them the minute we are finished with them and get someone else. Furthermore, the characters recruited into the party and their role in combat will affect the dialogue that will be written for this LP.

In the three runs I guarantee of this game, we will go to heaven for doing nice quests, go to hell for being rude to NPCs, get killed a lot by enormous cats, dinosaurs, Death himself, dragons, create plot where there is none and so much more.

So join me and my grand tour across Mardias and Let's Play Romancing SaGa!

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.

Dissidia Final Fantasy [duodecim] 012

I'm back from LP fatigue, this time I'm trying my hand at video LP. Which can only go wrong.

What is Dissidia? In short it's a Final Fantasy fighting game. I don't think I need to say anything else.
If that caught your interest go read the OP of the thread itself.

Sazero fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 28, 2015

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Demon: The Descent

Playing a PnP RPG about undercover fallen angels. Come listen to a couple of fresh-faced demons trying to do the right thing and make the world a better place. Watch as this goes horribly wrong for everyone involved.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Kingdom Hearts is a joint effort by two popular worldwide companies who then decided to give full power to a madman. Me and a couple of buds decided to talk over the first game of the series.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Want to learn how to be a major badass? Or maybe you just want to experience one of the best and most underrated game franchises ever.

Either way, Another Person hasn't seen any of these games before, and I'm going to show him, starting with the very first one.

Come join us!

Let's Play Yakuza: The Original Shenmue 3

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 1, 2015

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003

Oh poo poo, that's a lot of Zeroes. WitP:AE Saros(J) vs paradigmblue(A)

A goon vs goon game of War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition, using the Focus Pacific Mod

The Focus Pacific Mod gives the Japanese player a hugely expanded OOB which can be used to push Japanese expansion far beyond its historical limit. Meanwhile, the allied player gets toys of their own to counter the much strong IJA and IJN.

This game is played day by day, which means each turn is a day in the war. Unlike Grey Hunter, whose real-time playthrough of the WitP is legendary, Saros and I will be updating much less frequently, so that we stay sane and hopefully don't burn out. Saros will be posting their own thread, which means that you will be able to follow the war from both the Allied and the Japanese sides of the war. We ask that you not share information from one thread to the other, so that Saros and I don't have any information that we shouldn't have about the other's plans or the arrangement of their forces.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

It's Payback Slime! Let's Play Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime!

The middle game of a trilogy and the only one with an official translation. Come take a look at the Earthbound of its series, a pun-packed adventure full of goo times.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Hey there! Do you like lovely games? Would you like to play lovely games for the internet, but don't want to contribute a lot of time or effort into maintaining your own thread? Maybe the lovely game you want to play doesn't deserve it's own thread, or is a one-off, or you simply just don't care.

Then come in and join in the new bad games megathread, where you too can watch and let's play bad games. Right now it's just Star Trek, but hopefully soon more people will contribute.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post

Let's dabble in the past of a beloved JRPG series. Instead of all the socializing the newer titles of the series have to offer, we'll be checking out one hell of a story.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Where Rumours Are Truth

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

That image is a link, by the way.

I'm doing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which is a prequel to The New Order, a game I previously did a Let's Play of. If you like the idea of an overly muscular man hammering a piece of pipe into the neck of an SS officer with another piece of pipe and then seeing the blood flow out of the first piece like someone turned on a faucet you may have issues but may also like this Let's Play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
What better way to unwind than a hi-speed psychedelic orgy of blood and violence to the beat of the best mixtape this side of forever? If you figure out, let me know.