Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Let's take a relaxing, pleasant tour of the world of Dark Souls, shall we? I am joined by my good friend Faerie Fortune as we talk about lore, game design, and dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Another game I said I'd never LP!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I just started an LP of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. It's the official English localization on the Vita this time. Come follow along this tale of friendship and murder with me.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Started a Let's Play of Metroid Prime, in which everyone else does most of the work for me.

frozentreasure fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 12, 2015

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

I just began a run of Dead in Bermuda. Join us as we try to keep our cast from starvation and disaster on this island sim.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I've been in the mood to do some old school dungeon crawling recently, and Anvil of Dawn is a game that's interested me since I watched an LP of it years ago. I've forgotten most of the details at this point so the playthrough will be mostly blind save for a general idea of things. I don't think the game has been done here before, and I'm playing through as one of the ladies because I don't think that's been done on YouTube yet. If you're not interested, you can see that the dude in the screenshot is very unimpressed with your decision.

----->Here be a thread.<-----

rojovision fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 15, 2015

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

About to start a playthrough of Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, the (much superior) Neverwinter Nights expansion packs. I'm planning on using audience interaction as much as I can, starting with character select. Come join in!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Come watch an ultra classic piece of the late 90s in action with me, Coolguye, and TheLastRoboKy, and become the newest member of the Holy Order of the Taser as we try to save the world one war crime at a time!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Join me and the rest of the space-faring goons into an epic 4X journey that crosses over three games! At the time of this post there's still time to vote on the faction we'll play.

Vo0do0leW
Jul 12, 2015
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Gamecube) Video Let's Play

Yup, it's another Ocarina of Time let's play. But it's the only one that i've done so I'm sticking here.

Hopefully someone will enjoy it

Click here if you want to check it out!

HylianShroom
Feb 24, 2013

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid for the first time, come on a journey with me!
...But it's a stealth mission, so keep quiet.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Let's Play Undertale

The friendly RPG where nobody has to die.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

(Banner art by Renon Vesir)

They spent years in the request thread and my own personal to-do list, and they paved the way for the divisive remake of Splatterhouse, now it's finally time to share the forgotten legend of The Mark of Kri and its sequel, Rise of the Kasai!

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

They're After Me Lucky Charms! Let's Play Luckslinger

Do you like spaghetti westerns? You like hip-hop? Like platformers? You might like Luckslinger.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Let's Play Freedom Planet

Come watch me play the newest Sonic platformer, Sega has really outdone themselves this time!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Let's play Peggle! [Audience Participation SSLP]

Come play Peggle with me, it is good and p chill

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space

Let's Play Vin Diesel's Wheelman!

After El Shaddai's Biblical saga, I'm playing a game starring a different god: Vin Diesel!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's a week old, but I only just noticed this thread and didn't see anything in the OP against it, so...

Let's play Final Fantasy Dimensions!

Final Fantasy Dimensions is a SNES-era Final Fantasy game, only it was produced 20 years after any of the other ones. It's made by Matrix Software, who are mostly infamous for making the lovely sequel to Final Fantasy IV, but this is an entirely original and significantly better game. It's a pretty straightforward SSLP with videos for bosses and maybe big cutscenes, but I'll let the audience participate once I finally unlock the job system.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743712

technically a new thread

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743809

I'm taking pictures of a book for the Internet and hope the forums can solve a murder case.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
MARIO'S ABOUT TO MAKE YOU HIS BITCH some nice levels

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

For the fifth game in our crusade through every single Metal Gear game, we've finally reached everyone's favourite, Snake Eater! The first video can be found here.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Corpse-Party is the story of five students who are trapped together in a haunted high school. Can they all escape with their lives, or will they join the hundreds of vengeful spirits that haunt the school?

I'm playing Corpse Party -Rebuilt-, which is a fan remake of the original PC98 Corpse-Party, from 1996. If you've played the PSP games or read my LPs, this game is worth checking out to see what they changed and what they left the same between versions

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744575

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

There's been a number of LPs of Dishonored, but there's never been one that rips the game apart like we are! Come join us as TheLastRoboky, Orv and I play through both High and Low Chaos runs of Dishonored, complete with supplementary cut-aways of bugs and silliness!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744696

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

LISA: The Painful RPG is an RPG Maker game released in December 2014 by Austin Jorgenson, also known as Dingaling or Widdly 2 Diddly. It has a pretty heavy influence from Earthbound but takes the writing and subject matter to a far darker place. LISA tells the story of Brad Armstrong--a washed up martial arts instructor with a bit of a drug problem struggling to overcome his inner demons. Unfortunately for Brad, this mid-life crisis occurs during a Mad Max style apocalypse where all women have ceased to exist, strange fleshy monsters roam the land, and no one can find a poncho big enough to cover their nipples. It is truly hell on Earth.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Cruel Necessity is a difficult puzzle game. You need to balance keeping armies at bay while passing laws that will shape the direction of the Western world for centuries to come. Help me figure it out, because I can't win this one on my own.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Just started a double-feature LP of The Evil Within and Resident Evil 4. Come see the evolution of Shinji Mikami's lovechild of horror and action! The TEW LP is post-commentary from an experienced perspective, while the RE4 LP is totally blind because I've never played it! It will be a lot of fun for everybody involved no matter what you're there for.

(of course, re4 doesn't actually start until wednesday but the thread's up so I may as well drop a post here)

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
Alright, this is a weird one: I'm playing through newly-released walking simulator The Beginner's Guide, for the first time, with the sound off.

My friend Matt has played it before, and is guiding me through the critical information the narrator would normally provide, like the basic premise and when to press Enter to advance the game. Mostly, though, this is less a Let's Play and more an interpretive exercise/experiment: I'm trying to see not simply how much I can understand without the constant voiceover, but how much I can interpret about the game's larger message purely through its aesthetics and gameplay.

It's a very, very talk-y LP, with a lot of time spent on pause screens while I talk myself through an analysis and deconstruction of what I just saw, but I found it an absolutely fascinating experience to record (and Matt tells me I came up with some really interesting conclusions relative to the "intended" meaning of the game).

If that sounds like your cup of tea, the thread is here -- I'm releasing one video from the no-audio playthrough each day between now and Friday, and then Sunday we'll sit back down to play it through again with the sound on. Come chat with us and nerd out about game design!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Hello!

please click the picture link to witness my untimely death in 5 minutes

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Dwarf Fortress Arena Challenge: Season 5 (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746494)

Credit for artwork goes to forums member PublicOpinion

This is an audience participation LP. But it's not your standard "Dwarf Me" fortress-mode Dwarf Fortress LP. This LP takes place in the Dwarf Fortress Testing Arena, and you -- the reader -- get to be a part of it!

Each participant gets to create a fighter, who fights alongside a team of other forum members' fighters. You and your teammates will battle teams of other forum members on the road to the MurderBowl trophy!

Sign-ups are limited, and it will probably be a 6+ month wait to get into the next tournament after this one, so if you'd like to participate, check it out now! Details are in the thread.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm not sure if anyone's missed it, but I'm playing Skyrim now as a master of the orcane. I'm also using SPERG, a goon-made mod that just overhauls the whole perk system and makes it better in general. Check it out!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

It's Goon on Goon time again! Come join either the NATO or Russian forces in 2016 Ukraine. WEGO turns allow me to pit two teams against each other, so we can all laugh at their stupidity as they try and prove they are not only Armchair Generals, but actually know what they are talking about!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Come wander the streets of Victorian London in Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Detective. This is a mystery-solving game, in some ways a successor to the Dennis Wheatley mystery game Selenic Martian just LP'd. The players get to decide which clues to read, and try to solve the case in as few clues as possible.

The first case has just started, and goons are making all the decisions, so any input and discussion is welcome.

e: Now with a link!

Kangra fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 18, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm doing a video CYOA of The Weathered Underground. It is a hell of a thing. Please come and vote on what the hero will do so he can stop spinning

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3747404

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
My wife and I just started playing the brand-new Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water on the Wii U. I've been itching to play this ever since its announcement, since Fatal Frame is my favorite horror series.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

If, as is well known, British Rail couldn't get it's leg over in a brothel, could Goonrail even make it past the door? Leave your mark on the landscape as you help me gently caress up the mass transit system of Auckland even worse than it is in real life! Watch as I permanently brand my online persona as a train :spergin: in Chris Sawyer's Locomotion!

100percentjesusfree
Mar 18, 2009

FOE! FOE!
100% FOE!
In the gamebook series the Cretan Chronicles, we can take on an alternative take of the myth of Theseus, playing as the brother who never shows up in the original tale. We'll meet gods, kill legendary beasts, and generally roam through bronze-age Greece getting up to all kinds of stuff.

It's basically greek mythology fanfiction in gamebook form. Still a neat departure from the usual high fantasy fare, though!

100percentjesusfree fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 27, 2015

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
YEEEEE HAWWWWW

I am undertaking a video-style, live-commentary Let's Play of Westerado, a wild west sandbox game in which AWFUL EVENTS occur, and you, the son of a poor yet proud family, must work your will in a variety of ways, not leastly gun-ways, to right wrongs! Or cause new ones. Look, it's the Wild West. Things happen.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 27, 2015

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm still playing every Pikmin game blind, along with my good buddy and copilot gnome7! Fresh off our 100% run of Pikmin, we're now onto Pikmin 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Winter Voices is a strategy rpg about dealing with grief and loss, in a literal sense because they become enemies and then you fight them. Also, there is poetry.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748740