Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Your Roy is cooler than most of mine. Even if that Defense needs to shape up a bit.

Fir desperately needs her HM boosts more than most characters. The others are generally still good or at least fair without them (except one guy who's useless either way), but Fir is just so weak on normal. Of course, both Fir and Rutger struggle to reach their already low Str caps even on HM, but having just run through the game I don't find it a big deal as long as they hit their averages anyway. Rutger has his supports to make him strong and Fir dodges enough to be a viable tank even if she doesn't quite hit hard enough which is fine with me. I'm sure if I was trying to craft the optimal team she'd not make the cut, but I'm not a fan of some of the stronger characters anyway.

Berserker-man is an even bigger rear end in a top hat on hard, but with that kinda crit the power of his swings aren't as important as on most other bosses. Looking forward to the next few maps for sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

vilkacis posted:

It was either that or rename him "Tibia", be grateful.

Heheh, excellent. :allears: I watched a whole lot of Crayon Shin-Chan's gag dub.

vilkacis posted:

I'm also going to savestate here and see which one of these gives me the nicest thing. And you know, that bow is nice, but we already have one that's still in good shape... and I've heard things about status staves.

Hmm... I'm wondering whether or not I support this decision, and it's a tough choice. Restore staves are certainly not a bad thing to have.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

Your Roy is cooler than most of mine. Even if that Defense needs to shape up a bit.

That implies Roy is going to get hit :smuggo:

Yapping Eevee posted:

Heheh, excellent. :allears: I watched a whole lot of Crayon Shin-Chan's gag dub.

How do you gag dub something that's a silly comedy to begin with?

quote:

Hmm... I'm wondering whether or not I support this decision, and it's a tough choice. Restore staves are certainly not a bad thing to have.

I'm pretty sure that was a route split choice. :saddowns:

...I've absolutely no idea what's going to happen on either route, though!

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
You should have Lilina grow facial hair as well and have her compete with Roy to see who has the most by the end of the game. You can base it on stat total or something.

Also I didn't notice that Ogier had his speed growth boostged until he got the +2 in this chapter.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hello sage Cecilia

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

dude789 posted:

You should have Lilina grow facial hair as well and have her compete with Roy to see who has the most by the end of the game. You can base it on stat total or something.

Pretty sure there's an image of her with hector's beard from Artix's LP

I'd like to keep it to Roy, watching his beard slowly grow has been marvelous

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vilkacis posted:

How do you gag dub something that's a silly comedy to begin with?
Tweak the comedy to fit a Western audience instead of a Japanese audience, then just go to town with the dialogue.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

dude789 posted:

Also I didn't notice that Ogier had his speed growth boostged until he got the +2 in this chapter.

Well it's not as if he couldn't have gained speed every time he gained a level without it, so there wasn't really much of a hint v:geno:v

The Iron Rose posted:

Hello sage Cecilia

I think that's Guiniwhyniwhatever, there's a green horse unit visible for like six frames before Roy's portrait obscures it.

AradoBalanga posted:

Tweak the comedy to fit a Western audience instead of a Japanese audience, then just go to town with the dialogue.

Hmm.

Pardon me, youtube's calling.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Keep going Roy! Soon that ugly stubble shall be a glorious beard worthy of Hector!
Until Vilkacis gets bored again anyways :ssh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Iron Rose posted:

Hello sage Cecilia

Oh please. Vilkacis has made some pretty out there changes, but actually making Cecilia useful? That's way too tall an order.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I dunno man, he made Noah useful, and arguably Wolt. Is a third character above our quota or something?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cecilia busts the quota all on her own. :v:

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Every time I see Fir's head I can't stop laughing. Your edits are amazing.

Also:

vilkacis posted:

Of course. Prince Myrddin, next i nline to be king, abruptly passed away last year.

vilkacis posted:

Then you will fight alongside us?

With you?

This army is fighting against Bern, like my grandfather. They also saved my life.
I'm guessing that the talking head in the middle is supposed to be Shin-chan, unless Sue developed a sudden interest in talking to herself.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
could we fill in roy's beard a bit at this stage? I think this needs to progress gradually, even though it's probably a bit of a bother.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

nehezir posted:

could we fill in roy's beard a bit at this stage? I think this needs to progress gradually, even though it's probably a bit of a bother.
If you look, it's actually been filling in more each update.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

vilkacis posted:

That's a merc-hog level all right.

I knew 145 wasn't a typo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These edits are all great and silly but nothing is stopping me from hoping that Dorothy and Rutger catch a hammer to the face and come out of it looking like normal Fire Emblem characters.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lisandra_brave posted:

So all those +1s we've seen have been times he'd have missed his normal growth. If he wasn't a hedgehog, he'd be a tortoise.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

These edits are all great and silly but nothing is stopping me from hoping that Dorothy and Rutger catch a hammer to the face and come out of it looking like normal Fire Emblem characters.

Keep dreaming.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Keep going Roy! Soon that ugly stubble shall be a glorious beard worthy of Hector!
Until Vilkacis gets bored again anyways :ssh:

I'm never bored.

Artix posted:

I dunno man, he made Noah useful, and arguably Wolt. Is a third character above our quota or something?

Wolt is my best character, there's nothing arguable about that :mad:

TracerK posted:

Every time I see Fir's head I can't stop laughing. Your edits are amazing.

Good to hear!

quote:

I'm guessing that the talking head in the middle is supposed to be Shin-chan, unless Sue developed a sudden interest in talking to herself.

Well to be honest it's probably going to be more interesting than trying to have a conversation with Mr. Dotdotdot over there...

... I'm fixing it :negative:

nehezir posted:

Shei-kun posted:

Well, not every update, but I just updated it this chapter.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Of course not, I never make tyops.

RareAcumen posted:

I think they're probably too dodgy for hammers at this point, sorry.

Lotish posted:

So all those +1s we've seen have been times he'd have missed his normal growth. If he wasn't a hedgehog, he'd be a tortoise.

I was pretty disappointed he didn't manage a +2 on his joining map, but hey, maxing it by level 10 isn't too bad.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

vilkacis posted:

Well it's not as if he couldn't have gained speed every time he gained a level without it, so there wasn't really much of a hint v:geno:v

I think that's Guiniwhyniwhatever, there's a green horse unit visible for like six frames before Roy's portrait obscures it.

Well I feel dumb now.

Sydin posted:

Oh please. Vilkacis has made some pretty out there changes, but actually making Cecilia useful? That's way too tall an order.

Honestly making Cecelia a sage would be more of a nerf than anything else.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Give Cecilia the final boss class.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly making Cecelia a sage would be more of a nerf than anything else.

Without changing her bases or growths, making her a Sage would be an improvement. She's a complete poo poo unit that should not be used past the map she's required for, and it's a map that actively hinders her one possible use. Being a Sage would at least remove the hindrance.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Without changing her bases or growths, making her a Sage would be an improvement. She's a complete poo poo unit that should not be used past the map she's required for, and it's a map that actively hinders her one possible use. Being a Sage would at least remove the hindrance.

God, gently caress that map.

I started to type more then remembered oh yeah, vilk is semi-blind here and it might spoil the fun. In the meantime, Berserklops was pretty great.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

While sage would make better for that one map, having an 8 move healer can be pretty useful when all your other options are poo poo. As a dedicated staff/rescuebot her mobility is a big plus and she's actually pretty good in that role if Clairine fails to perform (likely).

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Just boost her movement by 2, no need for class changes.

Also get rid of her from the sprite, and make her a talking horse healer.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Or, even better, make her a flying magic user.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
One option for Cecilia could be to keep her bases the same but give her sky high growths. It would even make thematic sense because you could say she had to work her way back into fighting shape after being badly injured.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

dude789 posted:

One option for Cecilia could be to keep her bases the same but give her sky high growths. It would even make thematic sense because you could say she had to work her way back into fighting shape after being badly injured.

That's...not quite how injuries or recovery work.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
But it also wouldn't be the first videogame to do it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Shei-kun posted:

progress!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

dude789 posted:

Cecilia starts with Pent's 20/20 averages, but she gets hit with a fon slot seal which unpromotes her and sets her down to the average level of your other characters. She then slowly unlocks the seal for the rest of the game, progressing at what is coincidentally the exact same rate your other characters grow at.

gently caress wait, wrong game.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
If Suikoden taught me anything, it's that "almost completely inaccessible fort in the middle of a river" is the place to go looking for pirates.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GeneX posted:

Muscle atrophy?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Muscle atrophy?

Among other things, yeah. That said, does it really matter?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
What would make Cecilia good is if she were a giant doom robot head with eye lasers.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm not sure why people act like it's so hard to make Cecilia usable. even ignoring that she's a decent staffbot in vanilla, it was pretty trivial to do it. if anything I'll probably have to nerf her for the final version, or at least script her learning Light and dark magic as optional side quests.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

GeneX posted:

Sain would like to have a word with you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

What would make Cecilia good is if she were a giant doom robot head with eye lasers.

Never stop :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GeneX posted:

Among other things, yeah. That said, does it really matter?

Well, if Cecilia changes to become useful, we'll need a gimmick for her too. So the dumb tangent could have good payoff in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

vilkacis posted:

Don't be this rear end in a top hat. Feel free to bring up poo poo I've missed after I miss it (which I most certainly will at some point), but don't talk about things that haven't happened yet. That would be Ruud.

Stop being that rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread