Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hector. :smith:

I always did find it interesting how in this game, he's just "random important old dude who dies in a cutscene". And then FE7 happened, and made Hector into a fun character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Rutger's always been FE's second most obvious Navarre clone
Yeah, at least other members of the archetype have some personality beyond "quiet and reserved swordsman with a killer weapon" before stuff like supports get factored in, like Joshua's gambling addiction and Zihark's care for laguz.

Rutger...I'd almost hesitate to call him "Navarre Junior" because of how nearly similar their personalities are rather than "Navarre 6.0".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dorothy may be one of the most unluckiest units in the franchise. Get to use her finally, and then in the exact same chapter she joins, you get an archer that does better than Dorothy simply by having a mount and later access to swords via promotion.

If Dorothy was a different class, Sue joining in this chapter would be less impressive, as opposed to hilarious.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Artix posted:

You can't post that and not also show his dumb-rear end pants:

It's like they fused his FE6 design with his Awakening DLC artwork.

Admittedly, I wish they went with Drakengard Roy, personally.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It always surprised me that IntSys went with Bors/Wendy/Barth for a Triangle Attack option, instead of a more interesting option: Zealot/Treck/Noah. Three (non-flying) mounted units charging at you looks more intimidating than three heavily armored units slowly plodding towards you. Plus, it'd make the Illian cavaliers, you know, somewhat useful.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vilkacis posted:

How do you gag dub something that's a silly comedy to begin with?
Tweak the comedy to fit a Western audience instead of a Japanese audience, then just go to town with the dialogue.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vilkacis posted:

Not if I want to stay within the 16 colour palette limit.

:siren: gently caress THE 16 COLOUR PALETTE LIMIT :siren:
Absolutely beautiful. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm...rather surprised you didn't go with King of Fighters' Geese Howard and instead went with...two geese heads. :raise:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sydin posted:

Raigh? loving Raigh? This goddamn translation, I swear. :argh: Unhuman sounds really janky too.

Roy's beard is coming along nicely, at least. :v:
Like Vilkacis said, Raigh is from Awakening's translation (since he and Lugh are Spotpass characters; same applies to Shanna). So blame IntSys and 8-4 for that one.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

RIP Roy Riker.

Also, my condolences in advance for your sanity, vilk.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vilkacis posted:

There's been suspiciously few comments on the actual level, I bet you're all mad as hell I only had one death :smugdog:
Honestly, with all the changes you made, I expected you to do something hilarious to break the desert chapter over your knee.

Although, I never really imagined just how bad Cecilia actually was until you pointed it out with the promotion gains vs. stats. :stare:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

Quite an impressive beard!

Looking forward to seeing what you bought next time around.
A shitton of Boots, several Speedwings, and a handful of Energy Rings. Maybe one or two of the other stat boosters.

That's my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vilkacis posted:

That's a pretty neat idea.

Seems more interesting on a gameplay level, too. The dragons got old like three rooms in.
Any alternate option to how this stage plays out would be better. It's literally "Jahn dumps the rest of the plot/backstory that should have been given out ten stage ago while dragging things out way too long" for a penultimate stage. It just comes off as dull and boring, and not helped by the fact the player has access to effective weapons against all the enemies this stage, be it divine weapons or wrymslayers.

• Locked thread