Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rokka was definitely a highlight this season, though it didn't really pick up until episode 4. It's dumb as gently caress that people are rushing to disown it just because they didn't like the final five minutes of the entire series' runtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Working!! and Snow White were really enjoyable shows. I've always been meaning to catch up on other shows like Death Parade/Shirobako and such, but I've been too busy. :(

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

dogsicle posted:

Rokka was definitely a highlight this season, though it didn't really pick up until episode 4. It's dumb as gently caress that people are rushing to disown it just because they didn't like the final five minutes of the entire series' runtime.

It wasn't the epilogue that damaged it for me. Indeed, I found the epilogue fairly hilarious.

(Last episode spoiler) It was pulling the underground tablets completely out of the author's rectum

That being said, I enjoyed the show fairly well in general. I loved the soundtrack, the dialogue (even as translated by CR) was pretty compelling, and it was a pretty cool mystery idea. It's just a shame that the mystery wasn't resolved in a manner that was the least bit satisfying.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

dogsicle posted:

It was also quite bad inbetween episode 4 and the final five minutes. Not that I've seen the last two episodes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I enjoyed Rokka but never saw it as anything more than disposable entertainment.

Adlet was an inordinately good protagonist though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I enjoyed Rokka but never saw it as anything more than disposable entertainment.

Adlet was an inordinately good protagonist though.

Yeah I agree with this. I went into it with pretty low expectations and ended up enjoying it way more than I anticipated. The end was anticlimactic but it didn't retroactively ruin everything before it for me or anything. Overall it's on the same level as Aoharu x Machinegun for me; I liked both of them, they were fun shows to watch that had some flaws but weren't stand-out shows I'll ever rewatch or make a point to recommend to others.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Healbot posted:

It was also quite bad inbetween episode 4 and the final five minutes. Not that I've seen the last two episodes.

If only it had been a generic fantasy adventure...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

When you make another person's argument for them, only you cleverly make it a stupid argument, it is actually you that looks stupid.

Rokka had a ton of problems, if you want to grade on a curve for its premise hey whatever.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Somehow, Classroom Crisis managed to keep up its suspense once it decided to start building it (albeit after an unncessary delay of 6 or 7 episodes) and present a very satisfying ending.

Did it make me think? No.
Was there anything particularly original about it? Not really.
Was it particularly well-scripted or well-acted? Nope.

But it competently told a story, and isn't that enough sometimes?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Everything Burrito posted:

Yeah I agree with this. I went into it with pretty low expectations and ended up enjoying it way more than I anticipated. The end was anticlimactic but it didn't retroactively ruin everything before it for me or anything. Overall it's on the same level as Aoharu x Machinegun for me; I liked both of them, they were fun shows to watch that had some flaws but weren't stand-out shows I'll ever rewatch or make a point to recommend to others.
Yeah, I'd put it about on par with Aoharu, which is a show I've likened to eating cotton candy.

I enjoyed my time with it, but that time is over.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kytrarewn posted:

Somehow, Classroom Crisis managed to keep up its suspense once it decided to start building it (albeit after an unncessary delay of 6 or 7 episodes) and present a very satisfying ending.

That was a fun show.

Sequel when?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phobophilia posted:

That was a fun show.

Sequel when?

Classroom Crisis 2: Alright, we admit it; Corporate Crisis.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

Yeah, CC ended up being the action/drama show I was most satisfied with this season. It was just well executed, making it stand out against at least Rokka and Charlotte, two other shows for which expectations were not particularly high.

Looking forward to Classroom Crisis 2: Space Startup

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Yeah, I was waiting for the "by the way, one of our members owns a third of your company" shoe to drop in CC. Guess they're saving that one for the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CuLT posted:

Yeah, CC ended up being the action/drama show I was most satisfied with this season. It was just well executed, making it stand out against at least Rokka and Charlotte, two other shows for which expectations were not particularly high.

Looking forward to Classroom Crisis 2: Space Startup

I think it's hilarious that they ended the series with dropping even the last faintest pretext of highschool left in the show. We quit, we work for a living now!

• Locked thread