Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
tiny face guy in prison school creeps me out real bad just from the way he looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

tiny face guy in prison school creeps me out real bad just from the way he looks

He loving rules.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Phlogistic posted:

Aquarion Logos seems to have switched out Kawamori, who is now basically uninvolved, for the director of Nobunaga the Fool. Also, Akino+Bless4 are gone. Not great signs. :(

Aw man, and I was pumped up for it too :(

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I say/think it every season, but I don't see many things that are jumping out at me as looking really interesting. In a couple of weeks though, everybody will have gotten me hyped for most things.

And I already watch the first episode of just about everything.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ten and a half shows that I'll watch unless they turn out poorly, plus probably a few that turn out better than I expect. drat. Plus 2-3 from Spring.

Anime is a demanding master.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my list is at around 20, i may need to learn some self control from the rest of the thread

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"1st-person perspective with a new boy sleeping next to the audience each episode.

The boys all live in the same town underneath a starry sky. Each of the "makura no danshi" will star his own weekly episode as they "sleep beside you and whisper.""

lol if you watch anything else

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

my list is at around 20, i may need to learn some self control from the rest of the thread

Even I've only got 11 and I tend to 3 episode test a lot.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'll give A Boring World and Gatchaman a try. Has Gatchaman ever changed? I saw some of the dubbing attempts decades ago, unlike most hero shows it seems like it's the same crew in the same outfits 100% of the time.

There really is not much here for me.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Craptacular! posted:

I'll give A Boring World and Gatchaman a try. Has Gatchaman ever changed? I saw some of the dubbing attempts decades ago, unlike most hero shows it seems like it's the same crew in the same outfits 100% of the time.

You should probably watch the last Gatchaman since this one's a continuation of that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

CROWDS has pretty much zero connection with its namesake. It's not even really about superhero-ing in the sense of going around and beating dudes up every week.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More info about Valkyrie Drive, Marvelous multimedia project has been released

Anime News Network posted:

The official website for the Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- television anime series revealed additional cast members and character designs on Tuesday.

The additional cast includes:

Yuna Yoshino as Akira Hiiragi
Masumi Tazawa as Kasumi Shigure
Asami Seto as Charlotte Shalzen
Hitomi Harada as Momoka Sagara

They are joining

Mikako Izawa as Mamori Tokonome
Yuka Iguchi as Mirei Shikishima
Yurika Kubo as Meifon Sakura

Senran Kagura creator Kenichirō Takaki and Hiraku Kaneko (Maken-Ki! Battling Venus 2, The Qwaser of Stigmata, Manyū Hiken-chō) are helming the project. Kaneko is directing and designing characters at the studio ARMS. Yousuke Kuroda (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Jormungand, Hayate the Combat Butler) is in charge of series composition. GENCO is producing the series.

The "beautiful girl sexy battle action" anime is set on five artificial islands. Mamori is a "mermaid" transferred to one of those islands. When Mamori is attacked, a newly transferred girl named Mirei saves her. The enemy doesn't stop, however, and the two are soon cornered. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei kisses Mamori, and Mamori turns into a sword. Mirei then wields the sword and launches a counterattack against their enemies.

The multimedia project also includes Marvelous' "beautiful girl sexy social game" Valkyrie Drive -Siren- and the PlayStation Vita game Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni-. Valkyrie Drive -Siren- will be free to play, but in-game items will be available at an additional cost. In the game's story, female characters run across the mysterious artificial island Siren. The girls utilize their unique abilities and fight against fate to maintain their way of life. Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- is slated to ship this year.

Sounds interesting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Does it?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Rodyle posted:

Does it?
Are you doubting the most pure soul on the SA forums?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rodyle posted:

Does it?

I'm gonna watch it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Red Dragon sounds interesting. Especially if it can be determined who played what

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Urobuchi is the girl.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'd like Red Dragon more if they used the original players as voice actors for these characters.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

I'd like Red Dragon more if they used the original players as voice actors for these characters.

It'd probably be even better if half of it was animated with them at the table including portions of them shooting the poo poo as it tends to happen as such affairs with the other half being the events in game and done as straight as possible

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best thing about RD has always been that when everyone else goes "here's my anime character," Narita responds by making a Big Daddy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Who is just an immortal salaryman because that is how Narita always rolls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Animator Expo series will continue with a third season starting in July, if you want to add it to the OP, OP.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Imaging sitting in on an RP session with Narita and Vin Diesel while Christopher Lee DMs.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The Animator Expo series will continue with a third season starting in July, if you want to add it to the OP, OP.

Hm. Thanks.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I'm coming to terms with the fact I'm probably too impatient to watch an ongoing anime of a manga.

I'm going to be on board for Dragonball. High hopes it'll be better than GT, and hopefully will have learnt from Kai to be potentially the best Dragonball possible.

Would be in for Durarara but I'm still partway through season 1. It's a chill show, and I watch it while chilling.

I'll probably pick up a couple more shows but waiting to see what the feeling around them is before deciding what. I'm still watching stuff from the last couple of seasons.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I finished Gatchaman Crowds, including the OVA. Kinda question the decision to give everyone the CROWDS but still a great show. Looking forward to insight!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who's not gonna watch monmusu (even "ironically" is OK), I'll have to revoke your anime license, sorry.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Shukaro posted:

Anyone who's not gonna watch monmusu (even "ironically" is OK), I'll have to revoke your anime license, sorry.

If I read the manga, will that be good enough? :ohdear:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I read the first few volumes of the manga. I've done my time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

More info about Valkyrie Drive, Marvelous multimedia project has been released

quote:

Senran Kagura creator Kenichirō Takaki and Hiraku Kaneko (Maken-Ki! Battling Venus 2, The Qwaser of Stigmata, Manyū Hiken-chō) are helming the project.

quote:

"beautiful girl sexy battle action"

this is going to be a flaming pile of poo poo and i'm excited for the thread

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shukaro posted:

Sorry but I will not be watching the monster titty show. Just letting you know so you can get the paperwork started.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Wakako-zake looks like my poo poo.

Gonna watch Jitsu wa Watashi wa for the goofy faces.

I haven't seen Aria since the first one, but it was chill as heck, so I'll check this one out.

I'll probably give Something Awful Summer Anime Thread Favorite Gakkou Gurashi! a look, too.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Put me down for Gangsta, Durarara!! and the Adventures of Icecreamine Asahi. Also if that new Italian Lupin show appears I will totally watch that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Everything Burrito posted:

Sorry but I will not be watching the monster titty show. Just letting you know so you can get the paperwork started.

It's surprisingly decent and funny if you can get over your aversion to good ol' wholesome titties every few pages or less!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm probably going to skip monmusu because there are no monster boys and the centaur creeps me out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There actually are monster boys. Not in the central group, but they exist, outside of female-only monster species like lamias.

If nothing else, read the manga, it allows you to skip the scenes you find uncomfortable.

Won't make an excuses for the centaur, though

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
The most eye opening thing for me has been the massive amount of Centaur racism on this board. I thought ADTRW was better than this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Snakes and spiders, fine.

Horsefucking tho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

There actually are monster boys. Not in the central group, but they exist, outside of female-only monster species like lamias.

this + slime girl has me sold, i think

Twiddy posted:

The most eye opening thing for me has been the massive amount of Centaur racism on this board. I thought ADTRW was better than this.

i just have centaur double standards. the monmusu one weirds me out but i own all the English volumes of Centaur's Life :shrug:

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shukaro posted:

I don't watch stuff ironically and it looks poo poo, so no.

• Locked thread