Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You're a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

Snakes and spiders, fine.

Horsefucking tho

I think the problem is the snakes and spiders are more humanoid, whereas the centaur is Literally A Horse starting from well above the genital area.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
as far as I can tell there aren't any non-horse butts in Monster Musume so I don't see why anyone should watch it tbh. Man cannot live on baps alone

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rachne has a full human butt. It's just her legs down that are an entire headless spider.

Looks like Centorea got the short end of the stick in The Fly teleporter mishaps

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Time for one hundred posts discussing the mermaid problem.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Perhaps we should consult Muromi-san first.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

which monster girl is worse, centaur or harpy?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Slime girls are my fetish, so I am very interested in Monster Musume. Between that and the anime about sleeping with pretty boys, I will be content for all of Summer.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

dogsicle posted:

which monster girl is worse, centaur or harpy?

Going by all the action RPGs I've played, Haripes. Cuz unless your a ranged class you'll be swinging wildly as they dive-bomb you then knock you off a cliff or grab you and dump you from 1000m.

I don't remember to many centaurs in RPGs. Which might actually be worse, not even worth putting in as a bad guy.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Jigoku San posted:

I don't remember to many centaurs in RPGs. Which might actually be worse, not even worth putting in as a bad guy.

You must not have played the first two Shining Force games

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarodia posted:

You must not have played the first two Shining Force games

Shining horse.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

I dunno, it's less of a problem with mermaids because the fish part of a mermaid doesn't straight-up match to a particular species of fish, I'd probably just roll with it in that case and get my Kirk/Riker on. Literally loving a horse that just has a human torso instead of a horse head, yeah, no.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

as far as I can tell there aren't any non-horse butts in Monster Musume so I don't see why anyone should watch it tbh. Man cannot live on baps alone

That's what the harpy's for. In addition to other, more troubling fetishes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Darth Walrus posted:

That's what the harpy's for. In addition to other, more troubling fetishes.

Like a crush on Sweet Dee Reynolds?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Like a crush on Sweet Dee Reynolds?

She's basically a mentally-handicapped child. Because of course she is.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That was a joke, you really didn't have to go into depth.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That was a joke, you really didn't have to go into depth.

Hey, this is the anime forum. Never ask a question if you're not prepared to have it answered. :unsmigghh:

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't watch stuff ironically and it looks poo poo, so no.

dang lol you actually enjoy anime

fu*ked up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I think the problem is the snakes and spiders are more humanoid, whereas the centaur is Literally A Horse starting from well above the genital area.

This is good forum.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Allarion posted:

I think one goon was watching it. I just don't like the manga at all, and you're better off rewatching GTO instead.

That's me. It's a goofy unnoteable show aside from the younger sister's voice actress who sounds like she loses her voice by screaming at an amusement park then walks into the recording studio every week. And I mean that in a good but confusing way.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

That's me. It's a goofy unnoteable show aside from the younger sister's voice actress who sounds like she loses her voice by screaming at an amusement park then walks into the recording studio every week. And I mean that in a good but confusing way.

Youtube examples, please and thank you

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

AnacondaHL posted:

She's a member of SKE48 and this is her first voice acting role, so uh.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

thanks for reminding me that Seven Children manga is never going to get animated. jerk

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dezinus posted:

I haven't seen Aria since the first one, but it was chill as heck, so I'll check this one out.

You probably want to see them in order tbh

There is no good reason to jump ahead

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Gatchaman Crowds Insight is a must after the pleasant surprise of S1, also going to try Wakako-zake and see if Gangsta is any good. I'm also semi curious about Charlotte, given some of the talent attached.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

:siren:Wakako-zake
office DCI - Yamaoka, Minoru - Slice of Life, Seinen
Murasaki Wakako, who is 26 years old, loves going out alone to enjoy eating and drinking, especially when something unpleasant happens at work. This manga follows Wakako through many solitary outings, where she enjoys different combinations of food and drink!

While Miyuki Sawashiro (Happy Birthday to her, by the way! :3:) voicing a drunkard fills me with glee, I feel that they missed out on this. Especially taking into account that Shizuka Ito drinks like a fish and sexually harasses people for shits 'n giggles.

Man, there's a lot to watch this season. Also, is Ushio & Tora getting an Anime almost 20 years after it ended an indicator of things? Did JoJo set a trend for this? Will we get a The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer or Dorohedoro anime somewhere down the line or am I just too tired from work?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

revivals seem more common lately. Tatsunoko keeps dipping into the 70's for material, there's Jojo, and the Parasyte movies/anime too. i don't know exactly why some of these things are happening but i'm intensely skeptical of Lucifer or Dorohedoro ever getting animated. hell, BLAME! just got swept from under me last year when it was teased as a show within a show of Sidonia. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lucifer just isn't really popular. it's got a tiny cult following in the US and i'm sure there are people in japan who like it, but an anime just isn't necessary. paraysyte got an anime years after the fact, but that's because parasyte is a well-remembered classic manga. the same cant' be said for lucifer.

The only way it's getting an anime is if the author writes a manga that really takes off, and after that gets an anime adaptation they start going through his back catalog so they can coast on the popularity for a while longer.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
I think...this is too much anime for me. I'll just watch Bikini Warriors to get the same effect as watching all the animes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silvain posted:

I think...this is too much anime for me. I'll just watch Bikini Warriors to get the same effect as watching all the animes.

I am honestly curious what that show is going to end up being. It's a short episode series, so maybe it's going to be basically a 4koma thing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm hoping if they do start dipping in to old manga that is still ongoing we get another Guyver anime that covers stuff that hasn't already been animated three times.
Berserk is obviously too much to hope for.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
We already got another shot at adapting Berserk not too long ago, and iirc that didn't do well enough to go past Golden Age.

e: Also I'd honestly be cool with it if the 2005 Guyver anime just somehow got a second season. It didn't make any changes that would really justify a total fresh start, and it also kinda owned.

e2: if a Dorohedoro anime is happening, it's probably happening soonish, for what it's worth, iirc the manga's winding down

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 3, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

revivals seem more common lately. Tatsunoko keeps dipping into the 70's for material, there's Jojo, and the Parasyte movies/anime too. i don't know exactly why some of these things are happening but i'm intensely skeptical of Lucifer or Dorohedoro ever getting animated. hell, BLAME! just got swept from under me last year when it was teased as a show within a show of Sidonia. :(

Come onnn Samurai Pizza Cats remake :rolldice:.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Come onnn Samurai Pizza Cats remake :rolldice:.

It wouldn't be the same unless you just throw the raws to a couple of non-Japanese speaking goons and tell them to make up a script on the spot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Allarion posted:

It wouldn't be the same unless you just throw the raws to a couple of non-Japanese speaking goons and tell them to make up a script on the spot.

Give it to the foul-mouthed deviants behind the Panty and Stocking dub :allears:.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

chumbler posted:

I am honestly curious what that show is going to end up being. It's a short episode series, so maybe it's going to be basically a 4koma thing?

I'm surprised they didn't go with "Sukumizu Warriors."

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2/posts/1252124

The Little Witch Academia 2 trailer dropped, and I am stupidly pumped. Holy poo poo I loved the first, and I still secretly hope that Trigger will Save Anime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That link is for Backers Only

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks cool, I hope Trigger can actually do something good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That link is for Backers Only
It's okay Yikes, we all make mistakes. In time, Trigger may forgive you for your lack of support.

Direct link - https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/003/915/158/639944af4c182576c86651a317ac4062_h264_high.mp4

• Locked thread