Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Gatchaman Crowds 2 is the only thing that interests me. Apart from that Hosoda film, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I'd like Red Dragon more if they used the original players as voice actors for these characters.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Is that the next evolutionary stage of moe?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Lurking Haro posted:

They wrote out the breast weight for the female characters. Now my hugpillow wife will be perfect!

I'm kinda assuming the smaller masses are just their weights while in weapon form?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I hope it becomes wildly popular, a phenomenon, and gets green-lit for a whole season. Far less worthy series have been made on far sketchier premises, and it would be such a shame to miss out on the opportunity to really sell a show that has universal appeal -- not just in Japan but worldwide, and across a variety of demographic groups as well.

Echoing the sentiments about the animation being a bit cheaper than the first one, I still fully enjoyed it, and thought it was delightfully cute and fun. It was nice to see some actual friction between the characters, although it felt a bit hollow just to have them all forgive Akko and be all like "Well, that's our Akko! :rolleyes:" even after she had been pretty much kind of a big jerk for much of the first half. It would've been better to have Akko do something to earn their forgiveness, that would've made Sucy and Lotte's comeback feel more worthwhile. Also, it'd have been nice to get a bit more character development on the 3 other girls, but then again, it was only a 50-minute long movie after all.

Overall, a great experience - light and fluffy, like eating cotton candy!

EDIT: Did anyone get the feeling that the fancy dance that Amanda did reminded vaguely of Panty from P&S+G? She felt to me like a mixture of Panty with a bit of Ryuuko (especially that hair!)

Enh... I don't know. Like you said, Akko felt really, really annoying this time round when she didn't before, and having her still become the hero in the end, despite endangering all of them and doing literally nothing to earn a redemption, or learning any lesson. I feel like those elements could potentially become even more amplified in a longer series, because it seems like the staff like Akko's character way more than I do.

I liked the animation. 7/10? Feels weaker than the Anime Mirai version, but I'll have to rewatch it to be sure.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah wtf I don't remember Akko being nearly as bad in the original LWA. The second one was still good fun though, I'm glad I backed it just the same.

Yeah. I never imagined that scene they showed earlier where Akko is dancing around is actually showing her ripping up Lotte's pillow.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Was Madoka genuinely ever a bait and switch? It's hard for me to get myself into the frame of mind if not knowing what it is.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Paper Triangle posted:

i'm glad everyone liked ushio and tora as much as i did, because one of the ANN twitter guys hated it and complained about this getting a reboot instead of fushigi yuugi (of all loving things)

It's almost as if people have diverse tastes in anime.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

It's okay both to like and to not like things imo

What if you're mainly indifferent?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Someone read a certain novel by Iain M Banks, eh.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Davincie posted:

i've always found it weird that there are so many shonen series that seem way more suited for female audiences like this and for example barakamon

Wait Barakamon is shonen???? It seemed very seinen or josei.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Thanks for telling us about your rape cartoons folks

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Huh Chihaya is a little shorter than me.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe there will be some pleasant surprises. Nothing really stands out to me. Most of the stuff I've liked recently like Shirobako and Euphonium have looked pretty uninteresting before they aired, so I wouldn't despair yet.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It's a LN that got an honourable mention at the Kyoani LN prize thing a couple of years back, so it's coming out of the same stable as Beyond the Boundary. You'll notice that that website is for the book, and has been up since 2013.

Enh... maybe they've learned some lessons from that show?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Reading the Amazon.jp reviews, there's only two and they aren't super positive. OTOH, apparently the story is Hard Scifi, which is interesting. Also the LN has an explicit sex scene and the female lead has pubic hair, which, if I'm reading this translation right, led one Japanese reviewer to immediately remove two stars from his review.

Maybe it could be good? It's only one volume so at least it will have an ending.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 14, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Nichijou is great for isolated gifs and not much else.

Someone is in a bad position on the Kyoani anime scatterplot.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hell, Assassination Classroom had to deal with thirty-odd students across 22 episodes, and managed to give all of them some individual screentime and personality by the end. Ten students who are, theoretically, the main characters should be a pretty easy thing.

You have an interesting idea of 'easy'.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

What a disturbing ending.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Ugh.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Srice posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about it, but even if it sucks they're still making a second season of the original series, so no harm done.

Oh they still are? I was assuming this *is* the second season.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Is Snow White gonna be a completed story at the end of it, or is it going to end up open ended?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

You know Classroom Crisis kinda makes me want to have a show that's about developing the first practical mechas. Too many shows just say "One day they were developed and war... War has changed...."

Wasn't this what Robotics;Notes was supposed to be? (I haven't see it...)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

So how did Rokka turn out, in the end? Worth it? Satisfying ending/solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I think MLS is an excellent show for what it is, but honestly I'm pretty tired of high school romcoms, even if MLS tries to put a fresh spin on it. I certainly wouldn't consider it necessary viewing the way Shirobako was.

Top series this year for me:

1. Shirobako
2. Euphonium
3. probably tied between MLS and Gatchaman Crowds Insight.

• Locked thread