Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yay I have things to watch this season :neckbeard:

Gangsta and Gatchaman are definite, plus spring leftovers and getting caught up to Durarara. Gonna check out Akagami no Shirayukihime and watch at least the first episode of Rokka no Yuusha, Red Dragon War, and Ranpo Kidan: Game of Laplace as well. Oh yeah and the Kamisama Kiss OAV.

:lol: at the sleeping with pretty boys anime. That might end up on my list, too hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shukaro posted:

Anyone who's not gonna watch monmusu (even "ironically" is OK), I'll have to revoke your anime license, sorry.

Sorry but I will not be watching the monster titty show. Just letting you know so you can get the paperwork started.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm putting together a thread for Gangsta. but I had to stop and actually do some work since I am still at work.

Edit: posted
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725048

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 9, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That looks fairly consistent with the style of the manga so I'm not really seeing what the issue is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
More VHD!! :aaa:

The novels are one of my guilty pleasures. I have all of them that have been translated so far (they are uniformly terrible).

It really doesn't matter how awful that turns out to be, I will watch every second.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably the most notable thing about the VHD novels are the covers and internal art by Yoshitaka Amano.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to duck out of work early today and watch episode 0. I watched the director's cut of 12 a couple of nights ago so it's fresh but I kinda wished I had gone back and rewatched 11 maybe just to refresh myself on what was happening right there at the end.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I wish I'd done that but don't really feel like watching 12+ again so eh I'll just jump straight into 0. Also going to try to find Gangsta tonight and not bother waiting on Hulu.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am hesitant about Ranpo Kitan. Probably going to watch another episode or two because I want to like it but there's some stuff that really put me off. If that teacher ends up having a larger role I am totally out though, ugh.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ViggyNash posted:

The reason behind the dogtags have already been explained in the thread, but if you want to be surprised then I suggest you avoid the thread for now.

Yeah I got a little excited when I was making the thread and dumped too much info out to start probably :shobon: I would have pulled it out or spoilered but got quoted a couple times so sorry about that. If anyone is real worried about it but still want to post you can jump straight to page 2 at least.

I figure some of it will come up in the next episode so you won't have to wait too long for an in-show explanation at least.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 4, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ViggyNash posted:

I did not need to see that.

Rokka no Yuusha/Braves of the Six Flowers is really neat. For one, it's got a ton of style. Secondly, the world seems stylized mostly after ancient South American civilizations like the Mayans and Incans (I do not know enough to say which specifically), which is really unique. Thirdly, the music is amazing! It did have a bad case of "characters telling each other things they already know" exposition.

I think I'm gonna like this. A lot.

Yeah that was a pretty fun first episode. Definitely keeping this one on the list for now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aoharu x Machinegun was pretty fun. I hadn't planned on watching it but my CR queue is getting kinda thin so I was looking for another show or two to pick up and this one seems to be alright.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Once it was established as a trait there probably wasn't as much need to keep doing it, because it was really annoying to watch. It's an effect I'd rather see reserved just for specific point of view shots like say, where he meets someone and they come into focus for him or if he is alone and his perspective needs to be established rather than practically all the time he's present. I hope they dial it back considerably for the next episode.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Funimation only put it up on their own site this morning so I'm not terribly surprised it hasn't been added on Hulu yet. Hopefully they'll put it up tomorrow and not keep delaying it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I usually watch Funimation shows on Hulu Plus as well so at this point I expect the start of each season to be a disaster. I'm just glad they don't seem to be doing the full week delays once they finally get one started.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

I wasn't planning on watching the zombie moe show to begin with, but people being coy about it makes me want to watch it even less.

Pretty much.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really like the idea of all these older properties getting well-made reboots but I'm probably going to wait until there are a few more episodes of Ushio & Tora out or pick it up after the season ends. Shounen stuff that's mostly built around battles gets really boring to me week to week even if they start out fun and cool but I can usually sustain a binge watch.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eh I'm ok with CR pandering a little if they can use pervert dollars for licensing good shows.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gangsta finally went up on Hulu Plus if anyone was waiting for it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gangsta is probably a good candidate for 3 episode test because I'm expecting it'll have everything more or less laid out by the 3rd episode and if you're not on board at that point, not much point in sticking around.

I'm already so invested from reading the manga I'd watch it even if it was the worst garbage of the season though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

gotta get that hot deaf beefcake

That end sequence *fans self*

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Second episode of Aoharu x Machinegun was entertaining, I like the third teammate. This is also seeming more and more like some kind of BL gateway anime haha.

edit:

:getin:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 11, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that it's been really clear about the time scale and how long it's taking for things to happen. Wish if they were going to spend nearly the whole episode on horseback that they would have done a better job with the horses (guess that's pretty standard for anime though).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The third episode of Gangsta's up early.

I don't know what the hell is up with the streaming schedule for this show. Funimation's video page even still lists it as airing on Sundays. :wtc:

Early is better than late though, and with little to no delay for Hulu Plus as well.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Prison School is too sexy for regular Hulu Plus so you have to buy the Showtime add-on to watch it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm curious to see what the big deal is about avoiding the main streets of the city at all costs is though.

The scene at the brothel entrance was supposed to make that clear. There was a bit more to that scene in the manga with people out in the street also making comments about Nic:

I suppose they cut it for time but that scene suffered in the adaption, especially since it didn't get the full level of anti-Tag sentiment across.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I should have waited til I was ready for bed! Won't make that mistake with the other episodes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that Aohara x Machine gun got the debt out of the way in this episode instead of dragging it out longer. I wasn't really expecting that. Also am still amused by how seriously all these guys take shooting at each other with plastic pellets.

AxM is the unexpectedly fun show of the season for me since I hadn't planned to watch it at all, and unfortunately Ranpo Kitan is the one I wanted to watch and like but am dropping. I think if I liked any of the characters it would have been easier to stick with, but as it is I find it unpleasant and won't be continuing.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 18, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm entertained that there is equal opportunity boob strap in the show's character design.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not like Blame! really has many characters to worry about and they already made a CG Killy. I'd be down for it even if it looked just like Sidonia.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could have used more than 4 minutes of work senpai

edit - what a post to snipe the new page with :negative:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 23, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The other piece to that is that all the laws and tagging came out of a violent anti-Twilight movement being quelled (this was mentioned some in the latest episode) so the implementation was ostensibly done for the protection of this exploited minority population who were being trafficked and murdered all the time. I'm still at work posting from a meeting so that's from memory but y'all can hit the GANGSTA wiki if you want spoilers at this point. I think the next episode will continue expounding on the three laws and anti-Twilight stuff, especially once the Paulklee Guild makes an appearance and we see more of the flashback content.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

lol
The friend is the only character I had any sympathy for at all. I wish him the best of luck with his crush even though I can't imagine it'll go anywhere in the show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord Koth posted:

Go ahead if you want to. There hasn't been all that much discussion, but from what there has been it's certainly seeming like a sleeper hit of the season. And since it's apparently split cour, it'd be useful for the future too.

Honestly, it's just nice to have a feel-good show where the characters actually display common sense and initiative, and the relationships don't feel remotely forced.

Oh I hadn't realized it was split cour, that's cool. I'm really enjoying it so far but haven't felt like there was all that much to talk about. If someone else makes the thread I'll make some low-content posts in it :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

CuLT posted:

Everything worth watching this season has a thread now right?

Aoharu x Machinegun is worth watching but doesn't have one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I haven't watched past the first episode, which was decent. How is it after that?

More of the same I guess. It's kinda dumb and fun to watch.

I agree that there's not a lot to discuss about it. It isn't exactly deep or thought provoking.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm an older sibling and I'm a goon.

So no, they're not cool.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's weird that it keeps happening in the thread. wtf is wrong with some of the people watching the show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Y'know that keeps getting thrown out as why and shoujo has some pretty terrible tropes, but I've read a lot of pretty bad shoujo manga and can't think offhand of any titles that get as gross as goons have been in their grimdark My Love Story fanfiction posts. I don't think shoujo is to blame here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Skim the comments for spoilers and if you're on a site that does tags look at those. Also if you're reading one and it goes off the rails stop loving reading it or else don't whine that you're continuing to read a train wreck.

Example:
Check out the tags on this pile of hot garbage, many of which make it very clear no one should ever read this.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 7, 2015

• Locked thread