Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

This does sound promising, werewolf-style death games aren't a bad premise. Tentatively interested, but on the other hand it has been recommended by resident LN reader Darkgray, and we all know how poo poo his taste is.

darkgray posted:

Wonder how much they're going to censor Overlord. It's pretty gory -- if I remember correctly, there's a scene where he hugs a girl so hard her innards well out of her mouth. Not to mention all the popping heads.

lol

I'm interested in Red Dragon, Snow White, and Rokka no Yuusha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
First episode of Charlotte was interesting; it's nice to see an rear end in a top hat main character actually being called out on it. Crunchyroll's translation seems really overly literal, though (why "back at that time" instead of "back then," for example?).

I'm predicting that the "incomplete" abilities have a chance of either fading entirely or becoming "complete" abilities, depending on how you use them, and the main character's older brother (who has a memory-manipulating ability) will be the villain.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 7, 2015

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Someone found it too.

Left: Original Designs. Right: anime designs
1st: Iduki Kougyoku (Primarily an LN author, also only female)
2nd: Simadoriru (Stripe Pattern doujin circle member and illustrator)
3rd: Urobochi (Madoka, Kamen Rider Gaim, Fate/Zero)
4th: Kiniko Nasu (FSN, Tsukihime)
5th: Ryohgo Narita (Durarara, Baccano)
GM: Makoto Sanda (LN author, also did replays for Double Cross [https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%89%E7%94%B0%E8%AA%A0])

I'm glad they changed Kougyoku's design so she's actually wearing clothes.

Not sure why they changed Urobuchi's character to a woman.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Second episode of Charlotte had some good points, but the mad scientist angle rubs me the wrong way somehow. The way Nao explains it implies to me that the evil scientists basically operate with impunity and there's nothing that can be done about it. This might be a misleading impression - possibly the guy who funds the school is also working to get mad scientists arrested or whatever - but as it is so far, it feels pessimistic in an unrealistic way. Watching Nao beat up the kids who use their superpowers to be assholes is fun, but it doesn't seem like she's doing much about the really bad people.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 12, 2015

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Liking what I've seen of Rokka no Yuusa so far, though I do wish they would finally get around to having all 7 heroes in one place because the thing that got me interested in the series hasn't even happened 2 episodes into the series. At least we've got 4 out of the 7 down, so it's faster than Akatsuki no Yona at least? Still feels like it's gonna take a while though.

I just saw the first two episodes. In many ways it's remarkably cliched; despite the Aztec/Mayan aesthetic, the setting in practice is indistinguishable from a typical Japanese/European--inspired setting. It even has horses! Worse, the plot revolves around a prophecy that seemingly ensures that the protagonists will succeed. Still, the mystery angle keeps me watching. So far, I'm guessing Princess Nashetania is the mole. A lot of what she says to the Adlet could be interpreted as calculatedly pushing his various emotional buttons, and we haven't gotten much of a direct look inside her head the way we have with him. On the other hand, Adlet says that fiends would normally try to kill the heroes before they meet up, and Nashetania has had plenty of opportunities to kill him that she hasn't taken.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's also possible Adlet is unknowingly the mole. It seemed like it was the demon reaching out to him.

The possibility occurred to me. I guess I rejected it mainly because I found it less interesting than there being an actual traitor, but that doesn't have much to do with whether the writers find it interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

You know Classroom Crisis kinda makes me want to have a show that's about developing the first practical mechas. Too many shows just say "One day they were developed and war... War has changed...."

I don't think that's a very good idea. Mechas are such an impractical concept that a story about developing practical ones wouldn't hold together.

• Locked thread