Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh hey, there's more Miss Monochrome. That was a fun little show.

Definitely watching:

Charlotte Another Jun Maeda and PA Works collab? Hell yes.
Durarara 2 p2 BBB might have filled that hole for spring season, but I'm still siked to finally see Izaya get a proper opponent.
Gatchamaaaaaaaaaan GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN (unts unts unts unts)
Non Non Biyori Repeat Even the name's boring :allears:
Red Dragon Wars This will either be a lot of fun or a bizarre trainwreck. I'm in either way.
Working!!! Probably the comedy of the season.

3 Episode test:
Gangsta Totally my brand of crime drama, and the PV was cool, but I need some proof it's not poo poo.
Jitsu wa Watashi wa The manga's fun, and it'll probably make for a fun show.
Rokka no Yuusha That premise is right up my alley, but let's see how they're actually handling it.
Symphogear Here's to hoping for more "so bad it's funny".
School-Live! Because people told me to. :shrug:

Well, that's a list.

By the way, Lucy, why is School-Live! sirened? That doesn't sound all that interesting, and the staff and studio are nobody interesting.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

Gakkou Gurashi is good, trust me on this

e: give it the three ep test, and believe in me

Sakurazuka posted:

Just try it.

Ok then, 3 episodes it is. I guess it's expected to be the Ore Monogatari! of this season?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

my list is at around 20, i may need to learn some self control from the rest of the thread

Even I've only got 11 and I tend to 3 episode test a lot.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Time for one hundred posts discussing the mermaid problem.

Perhaps we should consult Muromi-san first.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
After listening to some of the Angel Beats soundtrack again, I'm getting siked for Charlotte a whole lot more. I'll probably be waiting for the soundtrack, more than anything.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Command Ant posted:

Charlotte looks pretty interesting, if only because of all the names behind it.

The singular name, really, because Jun Maeda is doing all the important work except for directing. This seems to be the directorial debut for the director, so I hope they do a decent enough job.

VV: It won't be another Glasslip. Jun Maeda is the guy responsible for Clannad, Kanon, and Angel Beats, all of which are great shows.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 5, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

coathat posted:

Crunchyroll just added red jacket Lupin

Also Wakako-zake trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P9W49RBono

I am immediately disappointed.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Ok I watched the ad and her face looks weird.

See, I'm not the only one. It really doesn't work for me.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Speaking of shorts, I'm siked for more Miss Monochrome,

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

That is both :black101: and bizarre. Also it looked super slick.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Crunchyroll picked up Working!!! and Charlotte, hell yes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

kater posted:

Is this the Shirobako spinoff?

Symphogear. AKA the Nana Mizuki licensing money tree.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It seems Curnchyroll has a survey about your top 3-5 most anticipated shows. I'm guessing this'll tell them which shows to shoot for when the licensing wars start?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Also Daisuki for US at least. They pick up a few things each season.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Check out the OP and tell me what you think.

Edit: No, check it out now.

:golfclap:

I couldn't ask for more.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

neither has Crowds, fail

Or Non Non Biyori.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

AnimeLab has DRRRx3 AND Prison School while CR doesn't? Lucky aussie bastards...

(Then again streaming's all the rage)

CR has DRRR x2 .

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Episode 0 was pretty fun, despite how much was purely setup for the actual first episode. The basic premise seems to be exactly what everyone thought it would be, based on the epilogue from last season. The new White Ash op song is pretty great too.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Dan7el posted:

I liked the first episode of Gangsta. Both "dogtag" main character's are broken in a way. One is deaf and the other is missing an eye. Looks like their new secretary is broken in a way as well. I wonder if that's what the story will be about. Also, I wonder what's the deal with being a "dogtag". Obviously ex-military but it seems to hold more weight than you'd expect.

The reason behind the dogtags have already been explained in the thread, but if you want to be surprised then I suggest you avoid the thread for now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Miss Monochrome is still good.

It's even got the same CG dancing Miss Monochrome at the end that looks weird as hell. I'm in.

e: On CR: "My Wife is the Student Council President (Uncensored)"

Uuuuuuhhh, wow. Ok. Lets pretend that doesn't exist.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 3, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone know why Ushio and Tora isn't out on Crunchy yet? They don't even have a page for it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'm trying to figure out if I should give Charlotte a try or not.

Do you like Key/Jun Maeda stuff? You're answer to that question is also the answer to the question of whether or not to watch Charlotte.

So about that first episode... I've got a love/hate relationship with it for the time being. It's got a good amount of Key's typical comedy and the setup is at least somewhat interesting. I can't tell whether I want to hate or love the main character, because swaps between funny and insufferable on a regular basis. His sister is loving terrible and annoying as a character though, no doubt there. There better be a drat good reason for it, Key.

Just... idk, I'm not sure yet. 3-episode test.

e: So, Working is back. Not quite as fun as I remember, but still pretty fun.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 4, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

I did not need to see that.

Rokka no Yuusha/Braves of the Six Flowers is really neat. For one, it's got a ton of style. Secondly, the world seems stylized mostly after ancient South American civilizations like the Mayans and Incans (I do not know enough to say which specifically), which is really unique. Thirdly, the music is amazing! It did have a bad case of "characters telling each other things they already know" exposition.

I think I'm gonna like this. A lot.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Or that.

But now that I've seen it, I can't stop looking.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

It's kind of funny how desperately they tried to make the MC in Charlotte a Key version of Lelouch.

I mean, he is supposed to be pretending he's [insert super-smart and super :unsmigghh: MC here].

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Gate: That reeked of jingoism and author-proxying. I might stay on this out of morbid curiosity, to see how far they'll take it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Rokka no Yuusha is rad as hell, Mesoamerican settings aren't explored very much. Even if they have ironworking and gunpowder. It had a nice mixture of washed out scenes and really colourful scenes.

I think the last piece of japanese media that used Mesoamerican settings was Spirit Circle, and that was only in the first vignette.

And to whoever asked, all 3 big Mesoamerican cultures was used in the setting. Tenochtitlan inspired the city in the middle of the water. The proportions of the stoneworks look more Mayan than Aztec. And they ate a shitload of potatoes, like any good Incan. The bearskins are more Northern Indian.

Wow, they covered it all. I was expecting that they'd pick one and just work with that.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Dan7el posted:

(My Wife is the Student Council President) To be fair, you can't always judge a show by the description. Punch Line was not what we expected and a much better show than you'd have guessed based off the pre-season information on it. I like to try to give shows a chance unless they're "known entities" like High School DxD or To Love Ru.

It's got an uncensored version. What more reason do you need?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ushio and Tora was super fun and really good overall. Definitely a keeper.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Jitsu wa, Watashi wa arrives in 3 hours, get hyped.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Jitsu wa Watashi wa had a good first episode. Compared to the manga, the only thing that irks me is Shiragami. Idk what it is exactly, but I think her manga version looked better. More... absurd, if you will. Also I wish she had Rin's voice actor.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

Two minutes into the Snow White with Red Hair adaptation.

I'm watching a Disney movie, holy poo poo this is gorgeous.

:stare:

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding. That might be my favorite pilot episode of the season.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, Shimoneta is pretty drat great. I was expecting to hate it, but it's just too good.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

the first thing i see when i google it is a naked chick with panties on her head so uhh tell me more

It's an anime in which dirty jokes are not allowed.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Actually I Am manga fans seem to be underwhelmed by the anime adaptation. I haven't read it and so far my impression is good enough for a three episode test.

As a manga reader, I thought it was decent enough. Just kinda flat by comparison.

Its like Nisekoi in that its just a bunch of silly/dumb romcom antics, but unlike Nisekoi the anime isn't quite as expressive and ridiculous as it should be.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Overlord was interesting. I like that the MC's way of dealing with the situation was to slowly and methodically feel things out rather than freaking out and have everyone else provide an exposition dump to both him and us. The show's not without its issues ("oh no, I accidentally made this hot woman fall in love with me... lets rub her breasts cuz I can.") but I'm curious to see where this goes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The first episode School-Live was all about the bait and switch, and of course introductions. I'm not sure how interested I'll be now that that part's over. 3-episode test.

e: Second episode of Gangsta was pretty drat good. I think this one's a keeper for me. If anyone else had an issue with the show seeming lifeless, as was brought up in the thread, this episode had plenty of world-building to cover that.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 9, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Rokka no Yuusha is still going strong. I like that they haven't jumped right into the "Who's the fake Brave?!?" premise yet and are methodically building up to it with a restrained pace. It still looks and sounds great as well.

Charlotte's second episode was more fun than the first, but they may be pushing the Evil Scientists thing a bit too far. Also Maeda's new soundtrack is pretty great, as expected. Overall still good, but it hasn't totally grabbed me the way Angel Beats or Clannad did.

Gate: In which all fantasy humans are comically incompetent arrogant fucks. This isn't even fun to watch. It reeks of so much elitism and arrogance that I almost feel physically sick. gently caress this poo poo. gently caress the author. gently caress the producers.

Gatchaman is still a joy to watch, but I wonder if the writers have gone a bit out of their range. The new villain is just plain stupid and annoying, despite what they were going for. I don't think the idea is bad, but they don't know how to make it work. Also Gel's existence continues to be totally pointless. I'll give it one more episode, but I don't think it'll work.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm not the only one waiting for it to turn to poo poo but up to this point so far I actually don't think you've watched the show.

I didn't mean arrogance/elitism on part of the fantasy guys, but yeah I didn't make that clear.

I mean on the part of the super cool badass army that mows down all those ignorant brutes. It's like watching a WW1 movie where one side steamrolls the other, the end. There's no story about survival or heroism or a commentary of war to provide some thematic context. Just a bunch of people being massacred by the tens of thousands with no narrative purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

But no they should make a real season of Aiura.

That was a fun but criminally short show.

• Locked thread