Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, I just had another bright spot flash in my vision. I was warned by an optometrist that if that started happening I had to come in for a consultation/surgery.
this happened after I was attacked in a park by some rear end in a top hat that left me with a bruised orbital bone (and probably broke his finger, the optometrist pointed out). I don't especially want to go blind.

if it happens a few more times I'll go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: scoop out your eyeballs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

*is warned by optometrist that he could go blind if x happens*

*x happens*

*doesnt go to the doctor, maybe if it happens again*

*is dumb as balls, also op*

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

*is warned by optometrist that he could go blind if x happens*

*x happens*

*doesnt go to the doctor, maybe if it happens again*

*is dumb as balls, also op*

yeah, there are a couple of thing that make this not as dumb as it seems:

1) it's been like two years, and he said the longer the better

2) I've been seeing flashes in my vision my whole life.

as a fun side note, I have a bunch more floaters in my eye now, it makes using a microscope difficult

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Cumslut1895 posted:

yeah, there are a couple of thing that make this not as dumb as it seems:

1) it's been like two years, and he said the longer the better

2) I've been seeing flashes in my vision my whole life.

as a fun side note, I have a bunch more floaters in my eye now, it makes using a microscope difficult

Sup laboratory buddy.

Go to the eye doctor maybe?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Sup laboratory buddy.

Go to the eye doctor maybe?

yeah. I will, eventually. there's a mid-semester break coming up, so I'll do it then. Fortunately, not being an american, I can probably get the checkup covered by the Accident Compensation Commission

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Cumslut1895 posted:

yeah. I will, eventually. there's a mid-semester break coming up, so I'll do it then. Fortunately, not being an american, I can probably get the checkup covered by the Accident Compensation Commission

I don't think it was an accident, though. Sounds like the guy bludgeoned you on purpose?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I don't think it was an accident, though. Sounds like the guy bludgeoned you on purpose?

yeah, I think their coverage expanded beyond what it was initially designed for

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Replace your eyeball with a laser pointer

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

spud posted:

Jesus Christ please do this.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

I can't afford that.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
Flashing lights are a sign of retinal detachment, you really should get seen as soon as possible you retard.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beep Street posted:

Flashing lights are a sign of retinal detachment, you really should get seen as soon as possible you retard.

I will, though like I said, I've had them my whole life

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Cumslut1895 posted:

I can't afford that.

i'll throw in $2.99 for the pointer

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

i'll throw in $2.99 for the pointer

I didn't ask for this

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Cumslut1895 posted:

I didn't ask for this

I'll but the tongs to take out the eye.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'll but the tongs to take out the eye.

Did you have a stroke?

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

Cumslut1895 posted:

I will, though like I said, I've had them my whole life
Doesn't matter, you've had an eye injury so are at increased risk. Floaters are also a sign of retinal detachment.

Wasn't there a goon who got kidney failure or something because he didn't go to the doctor? He owed hundreds of thousands in medical bills.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beep Street posted:

Doesn't matter, you've had an eye injury so are at increased risk. Floaters are also a sign of retinal detachment.

Wasn't there a goon who got kidney failure or something because he didn't go to the doctor? He owed hundreds of thousands in medical bills.

I'll go. Thanks for the concern :)

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's probably just comic rays. You'll end up with the power to see the future, which will be a vision of old you punching yourself in the face for not going to the doctor.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

It's probably just comic rays. You'll end up with the power to see the future, which will be a vision of old you punching yourself in the face for not going to the doctor.

Am I going to fail to murder a presidential candidate before being shot to death?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Don't ask me, it's your power.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Cumslut1895 posted:

Welp, I just had another bright spot flash in my vision. I was warned by an optometrist that if that started happening I had to come in for a consultation/surgery.
this happened after I was attacked in a park by some rear end in a top hat that left me with a bruised orbital bone (and probably broke his finger, the optometrist pointed out). I don't especially want to go blind.

if it happens a few more times I'll go.

I also get flashes. The flashes are from the vitreous humor detaching from the retina as you age. They are normal, but they can carry a risk of detachment if they are happening often. My vision is 20/700 in one eye and almost 20/800 in the other so I'm at a significant risk for detachment. Doing fine so far (fingers crossed). Always get your vision checked if you're at risk.

Look for a shower of sparks that looks like someone grinding metal outside your peripheral vision, black spots falling like a snow globe, and peripheral vision loss in general. A Red curtain is also a sign but I'm sure that's not something that you'd ignore.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Go, op. I know quite a bit but I'm not typing it out on my phone and the only important part of it all would just be to go.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just go now idiot do you really want to gently caress with losing your eyesight?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BIG BIC SQUAD
Jan 24, 2015
Please go see your doctor Cumslut1895, unless you don't need both of your eyes, then I guess it's not as high priority.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Congrats on the AIDS

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_mTsuaOj4s

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Op will die eventually, so the fact is where he's going he won't need eyes anyway

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Beep Street posted:

Yeah, he had really REALLY high blood pressure and didn't know it until his kidneys failed and the waste products built up in his blood to the point he was half-dead. I don't remember him even being particularly fat.

The worst part about it is that kidney dialysis will keep you alive for awhile, but unless you quickly get a kidney transplant that "takes", your overall health goes to poo poo in a zillion ways and you have an extreme risk of going blind(dialysis fucks up your capillaries, and your eye's full of them). So he has a high probability of dying blind and very young. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

just go blind so you dont have to look at your own stupid loving face

• Locked thread