Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Okay yeah, I need to watch this stupid show for idiots.

I mean because of the video linked in the gif, not the gif itself.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp I have watched the first two episodes of this show and it is extremely stupid and extremely anime and I am glad that it exists. It's like primal, elemental anime. Vaguely fanservicey with mythological allusions for no real reason, at least one unsubtly gay girl, a plot that makes no goddamned sense, and pointlessly flashy. Keep on keeping on, Symphogear.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hibiki turned into a demon ripping her enemies in half because she didn't get to watch shooting stars with her friend and had to lie :ohdear:. And it's only episode 3.

Why have I only just started watching this stupid, awful, amazing show?

Edit:

This loving show. I don't think they have any idea what a consistent tone is.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 11, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Make sure you don't skip ep 4's credits

I will have to go back and watch them then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some good Engrish in this here show.

Edit: The show just acknowledged that battle heels are stupid and got rid of them. I would never have expected this from anime.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 12, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have decided that the most accurate way to describe this show is that it is enthusiastically bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Uh-oh Fine. Perhaps pissing off Hibiki was not the wisest move.

Oh god Funi isn't loading the last episode of season 1. Why are you doing this to me, god? I will blow up the moon. Ha "We're basically out of time/budget, so now they're telepaths this episode".

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 16, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a place to legally watch season 2? I don't see it on Funi or crunchyroll.

Edit: Wait nevermind. Says in the OP that there isn't. Well shucks.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 17, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Those all own though?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some streaming service really needs to pick up this and the second season so I can watch them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Those are some big hands for Hibiki to hold.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now that crunchy has picked this up, I have watched the first 2 minutes of the first episode of this season and it is already exactly as stupid as I had dreamed.

Edit: This is the dumbest 6 minutes of television I have ever watched and I love it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 19, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

The first season was more artistically successful than G or GX, imo.

What is this even supposed to mean.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

.Clash posted:

http://www.symphogear-gx.com/

Maybe you heard yesterday that Season 4 was coming. Well, have a season 5 too!

Yes.

Yes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaelan Zero posted:

Supposedly they're also making a game, which can mean only one thing.

I really want it to be a Platinum game, but I would also accept a Fire Emblem.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

Apparently they confirmed it was mobage at the live, but they should do this anyway

N-no. Not like this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm somewhat surprised that Symphogear hasn't gotten a dub, but then I guess the singing requirement makes it a bit harder.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GX is also somewhat hurt by its first 6 minutes being peak Symphogear, and the rest of it just can't compare. It's still a lot of fun, but it probably is the weakest of the three.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Carol has her moments, and it amuses me that the big bad world ending villain has such an ordinary name, but yeah overall she's not as compelling a villain as Fine or Ver.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

people here overreact. season 3 is the dumbest and also the funnest season

I don't want to spoil the high points of season 3, so I can only speak more generally which means being a bit more critical.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Carol's reaction to Ver makes up for everything else about her. "He just showed up and won't stop talking. :what:"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Symphogear is real good yeah.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chris is trying to be the team mom, and I think that is okay. Lord knows Hibiki and Tsubasa are too stupid for that role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My wish list for seasons 4 and 5 is pretty much this:

-More thirsty Miku
-More Chris being the eternal third wheel
-Chris is finally no longer the eternal third wheel

• Locked thread