Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

(source)
The Bottle Knights are an elite corps of legionnaires who are trained to survive in the harsh winters and summers of the Empire's hinterlands. They act primarily as law enforcement, helping to protect the remote villages by enforcing Her Majesty's rule in even the most distant corners of the Realm. They can operate often for months at a time stranded from the nearest city or town, only surviving off the game they hunt, the nuts and berries they forage, and occasionally the spoils from bandit camps and other villains.
Unfortunately, their unique training and skills have also resulted in them seeing the unimaginable horrors that lurk only in the darkest forests and the deepest caverns. On this particular day, the Knights are in the cold region of Ruzelia, hunting down a mysterious monster who is terrorizing travelers and townspeople. The Knights tracked the beast to a wooded clearing between two crags. They set up camp for the night, hoping to flush the monster out with the dawn. But when the sun rose, they discovered something truly horrible: the monster (or... monsters?!) had murdered a few of the Knights, and assumed their forms, like the Kermish skinwalkers of old. Now they have to work together and figure out who among them was a loyal Knight, and who was a monster in disguise.

Welcome to this mafia game!

This is a game for 13 players.

The standard mafia rules apply here. The Wiki is a helpful resource for many reasons.

Note that for this game (part of my "Stories of Love and Hate: The Redemption of Arrentia" series), normal votefinder rules apply. Vote and unvote at your leisure, we live in a brave new world of machines and technocracies.

Anyone is welcome to sign up but preferential treatment will be given to players who:
- Are new and interested in seeing what mafia is like;
- Is named Bottle Knight and as such supplied much of the flavor for this game; and/or
- Are not a lurker or jerker irl

And here we go!

Player List:
  1. BottleKnight
  2. Deadbeat Dad
  3. EXAKT Science
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. Ghastly Gangsta
  6. Grandicap
  7. HiipFire
  8. MC Eating Disorder
  9. merk
  10. Samfucius
  11. WHICH WAY MADNESS
  12. yuming

Night 0: LITERALLY MAD IRL, Theodora Majewski, Knight (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: Ghostly Gangsta, Mana Moritsovna, Cleric (town-aligned doctor), executed.
Night 1: Grandicap, Estiev Ruiz, Cleric (town-aligned doctor), died.
Day 2: MC Eating Disorder, Hayri Xanthopoulos, Officer (town-aligned jailor), executed.
Night 2: Deadbeat Dad, Khazi Dehlafie, Knight (town-aligned vanilla), died. merk, Eudaemon Przemysław, Cleric Beast (town-aligned doctor self-aligned serial killer), died.
Day 3: EXAKT Science, Maria Deldonna, Knight (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 3: Nobody died during the night how strange!! (????)
Day 4: BottleKnight, Remislav Lakotsko, Follower (beast-aligned faith healer), executed.
Night 4: Nobody died yet again oh my gosh golly such mysterious.
Day 5: Nobody is successfully executed but a lot of people voted Samfucius!
Night 5: This game has a lot of people not dying, it'd be exciting if I as a mod didn't know what was really happening.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I'm in two games but I'll be following this one so put me down as a replacement.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
sure why not

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I would like to play, but out of character, as everyone knows there is only one Bottle Knight.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
OK

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Down as hell and I'll be super chill if you let me in this game I promise

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah okay

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ok

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'll play.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:toot: Only a handful more before we can get the game going which will obviously happen as soon as the 13th player signs up and not a day nay hour later.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

:toot: Only a handful more before we can get the game going which will obviously happen as soon as the 13th player signs up and not a day nay hour later.

I'm not even going to make a joke.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I will play, if you adhere to our agreement...

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Samfucius posted:

I will play, if you adhere to our agreement...

Fine, but I am not happy about it... :a2m:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

:wink:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Eccccccccoooooooooooo

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Eccccccccoooooooooooo

We still need 4 more hon.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Me!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Let's get it.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Is this still happening?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Is this still happening?

That's -1, Ecco!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EXAKT Science posted:

That's -1, Ecco!

Nope -2, WWM was already signed up.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Okay so I can retool the setup to have 2 less players. It's not the end of the world is what I'm saying. So I will try to see if everyone who signed up is still interested and wait another 24 hours or so before just running it as-is.

Also since it's been a while and I want to make sure you are all still interested, I'm going to make the flavor a more collaborative effort. Everyone post in the thread with your character's gender and fantasy cultural heritage (from the list below) and I will create a name and role info for you.

The list of fantasy cultures to appear so far are:
- Arrentish (from the warm and fertile heartland of Arrentia)
- Bishader (from the rough and barren highlands of Bishadh)
- Savomarine (from the mercantile and turquoise Republic of Savomary)
- Livireen (from either the Jaharod, with its rolling hills of iron, or the Alcazar Real, the palace-cities of the mighty River Kings)
- Pimonese (from the frigid deserts on the outskirts of the Emirate of Cazan)
- Cazanese (from the cold silk fields of the Emirate of Cazan)
- Kermish (from the banking and trading hub of Kerm on the edge of the Morze)
and now introducing
- Ruzelian (from the woody taiga of Ruzelia)

The list of fantasy genders to appear so far are:
- Female
- Male
- idk

thanks in advance!!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 9, 2015

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Male, cazanese I guess!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Female bishadher.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Male Ruzelian.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Male Kermish please

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Female Arrentish.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Male Livireen. It's almost Pyke.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

Okay so I can retool the setup to have 2 less players. It's not the end of the world is what I'm saying. So I will try to see if everyone who signed up is still interested and wait another 24 hours or so before just running it as-is.

Also since it's been a while and I want to make sure you are all still interested, I'm going to make the flavor a more collaborative effort. Everyone post in the thread with your character's gender and fantasy cultural heritage (from the list below) and I will create a name and role info for you.

The list of fantasy cultures to appear so far are:
- Arrentish (from the warm and fertile heartland of Arrentia)
- Bishader (from the rough and barren highlands of Bishadh)
- Savomarine (from the mercantile and turquoise Republic of Savomary)
- Livireen (from either the Jaharod, with its rolling hills of iron, or the Alcazar Real, the palace-cities of the mighty River Kings)
- Pimonese (from the frigid deserts on the outskirts of the Emirate of Cazan)
- Cazanese (from the cold silk fields of the Emirate of Cazan)
- Kermish (from the banking and trading hub of Kerm on the edge of the Morze)
and now introducing
- Ruzelian (from the woody taiga of Ruzelia)

The list of fantasy genders to appear so far are:
- Female
- Male
- idk

thanks in advance!!

I am obviously one of the lesser River Kings from Alcazar Real. I am constantly maneuvering for more influence with little or no impact on my standing.
Male Livireen

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Grandicap posted:

I am obviously one of the lesser River Kings from Alcazar Real. I am constantly maneuvering for more influence with little or no impact on my standing.
Male Livireen

Ughhhh...

Hi friend from Livireen

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am a wild crackle, lord of the underdeep, third of his name, and defender of the One.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Savomarine Female

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Ughhhh...

Hi friend from Livireen

You deign to speak to your King?

Cool, most people are put off by the title, it's nice to just talk to someone with no strings attached every once in a while, ya'know?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll play :D

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Grandicap posted:

I am obviously one of the lesser River Kings from Alcazar Real.

It is worth noting that after the events of Misery in Madriu, the River Kings have all been slaughtered by revolutionaries and the Livireen is now a semi-autonomous collection of city-states!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

It is worth noting that after the events of Misery in Madriu, the River Kings have all been slaughtered by revolutionaries and the Livireen is now a semi-autonomous collection of city-states!

You dare call me a false King?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Grandicap posted:

You dare call me a false King?

No Kings no Masters.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I'm about to go all Otto von Bismarck up in this bitch.

Unification, that's what I'm talking about. Aww yeahhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I'll be a Pimonese lady.

• Locked thread