Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Is a garbage person.

Hey rear end in a top hat in the hummer, thanks for sending the planet to an early grave, poo poo head.

"But I like riding higher than other cars", "I like knowing i'll be safe if I get in an accident"-Things garbage people say.

If your daily driver gets less than 30 mpg please gently caress off and kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i drive a coupe

but its as wide as an suv and gets about the same gas mileage, while simultaneously being extremely impractical in every normal respect

I think its actually worse than an SUV on paper, but in reality I still feel far superior to someone driving an escalade or something lol

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I drive a volvo wagon because I put tools in the back that wouldn't fit in a sedan. Also because I am gay.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I drive a tree stump tia

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Is a garbage person.

Hey rear end in a top hat in the hummer, thanks for sending the planet to an early grave, poo poo head.

"But I like riding higher than other cars", "I like knowing i'll be safe if I get in an accident"-Things garbage people say.

If your daily driver gets less than 30 mpg please gently caress off and kill yourself.

Sorry you have some beta desk job where you don't need to haul large, heavy poo poo.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Sorry you have some beta desk job where you don't need to haul large, heavy poo poo.

It's called a van rear end in a top hat. It's way more practical than a pickup truck. Pickup trucks only exist because some dudes have tiny dicks.

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 31, 2015

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Sounds like op drank too many mikes hard lemonades and piņa coladas today. Might want to reconsider posting drunk

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I like my sedan, it is comfortable and efficient, I don't need to go 110 miles an hour or tow tractors or use a piece of machinery to define myself

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Kuato posted:

Sounds like op drank too many mikes hard lemonades and piņa coladas today. Might want to reconsider posting drunk

nah bro, safari auto corrects. I get drunk on cheap vodka like any other god fearing alcoholic american

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Is a garbage person.

daily....driver? you drive your own gas powered 3000 pound metal machine to and from something at least once every day?

seems like you hate the environment considering you could use a bicycle on nice days and public transportation otherwise

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

if you dont walk 30 miles to work both ways each and ever day you are killing miother earth

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am > six foot tall, low riders hurt OP. My big car does get better than 30MPG though I guess we cool.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Op

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

It's called a van rear end in a top hat. It's way more practical than a pickup truck. Pickup trucks only exist because some dudes have tiny dicks.

Gotta love the dudes who get a pickup bc it looks cool, only to discover that equipment left in the bed gets rained on or stolen. So they get a tonneau for their truck and are left w something that has 1/2-1/3 the storage space of a van

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^^ever heard of a canopy dipshit?

A decent van is expensive. A decent truck is cheap as hell.

Every used van that can actually haul or fit stuff inside is a used up work vehicle.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know beta faggots were allowed to make judgemental threads like this. I learned something today

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Just fuckin lmao at OP who doesnt drive fun.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Is a garbage person.

garbage person

shithead

kill yourself

Let me guess you describe yourself as 'liberal'?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i have a lumber rack on a $3500 truck that can fit 3 dirt bikes, 2 kayaks and a cooler

suck it sedan bitch

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

opus111 posted:

garbage person

shithead

kill yourself

Let me guess you describe yourself as 'liberal'?

I'd describe you as a human being.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ramsus posted:

Also you are retarded, a Ford F-150 pickup costs more than a Ford E-150 Cargo Van

Also Pickups hold their value better than almost all other vehicles

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

lol i have a jeep wrangler which gets like 14mpg and is literally the most impractical vehicle on earth. 2 door, btw. i can't fit anything in it and i get worse mileage than a truck lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I've been driving a buick encore for the last week since my car is in the shop. it's supposedly an SUV but its more like a full size sedan but taller. gets about 35 mpg @ 65 mph, which is about what my sub compact . i wouldn't buy one because they're kind of overpriced but it's p fly

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

jarofpiss posted:

lol i have a jeep wrangler which gets like 14mpg and is literally the most impractical vehicle on earth. 2 door, btw. i can't fit anything in it and i get worse mileage than a truck lol

and if you hit a curb you will literally shatter and die

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ramsus posted:

^^ever heard of a canopy dipshit?

Every used van that can actually haul or fit stuff inside is a used up work vehicle.

Get a load of this maroon. Yeah a van is more expensive than a pickup--if you're a dumbass.....and your precious canopy still gives you less space than a van

VAN SUPREMACY

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
All Van owners are pedophiles/molestors/rapists/rappists

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Drive a jeep rubicon unlimited, gets garbage mileage, has zero hauling capacity, and it's only redeeming qualities is it looks cool. Added a heavy duty badass looking bumper, a roof rack I never use and two spotlights on top that I don't use, thus making it less aerodynamic and bad on mileage.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I drive a pickup. I use it to haul stuff about once per week. The rest of the time I'm not hauling stuff, I feel guilty. Unfortunately, I only own the one vehicle, so I can't drive an alternative on the non-hauling days.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

JakeP posted:

and if you hit a curb you will literally shatter and die

no it seems pretty tough. i think you mean i will roll and bounce around inside and be turned into a fine paste but the jeep will be okay

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

JakeP posted:

All Van owners are pedophiles/molestors/rapists/rappists

is this true?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

genesplicer posted:

I drive a pickup. I use it to haul stuff about once per week. The rest of the time I'm not hauling stuff, I feel guilty. Unfortunately, I only own the one vehicle, so I can't drive an alternative on the non-hauling days.

Plant a tree every day of the week you drive and don't have poo poo to haul.

That's a good start.

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

toggle posted:

is this true?

who else buys vans?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

toggle posted:

is this true?

NO. Every "bro", "Chad", & "dude" drives a pickup as a fashion statement....only the real working men drive vans

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Terry Francona posted:

who else buys vans?

Was thinking of getting a Sienna because it looks like a super sized Mazda 5, but the stigma associated with vans made me decide, nah. Don't have kids so would've looked particularly suspect driving it around.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

You've hauled at least a few "things" better than the ones with the lift kits, light rack, oversized mudder tires and truck nuts.

I would like to ritualistically sacrifice them and their entire families.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
god bless this early 2000s chevrolet venture minivan

can chuck all sorts of poo poo in the back just like a pickup with the bench down, except you can move a bunch of people too if you have to. never get pulled over either. shame about that gas mileage tho

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

Kuato posted:

Was thinking of getting a Sienna because it looks like a super sized Mazda 5, but the stigma associated with vans made me decide, nah. Don't have kids so would've looked particularly suspect driving it around.

thats was a pro strat

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Gotta love the dudes who get a pickup bc it looks cool, only to discover that equipment left in the bed gets rained on or stolen. So they get a tonneau for their truck and are left w something that has 1/2-1/3 the storage space of a van

I also love how most pickup trucks you see are driven by beta rear end yuppie faglords who's only use for the truck is going to work taking kids to "activities" so they get the king cab which renders the bed of the truck completely useless.

If you can't fit a 4x8 sheet in your truck, it's totally useless for real work.

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 31, 2015

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I also love how most pickup trucks you see are driven by beta rear end yuppie faglords who's only use for the truck is going to work taking kids to "activities" so they get the king cab which renders the bed of the truck completely useless.

If you can fit a 4x8 sheet in your truck, it's totally useless for real work.

or jeep wranglers that have never been near any mud. why yes i would like to pay for this over priced plastic car to only drive on the freeway

• Locked thread