Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Every game 8 eastern

pre:
Chicago @ Tampa Game 1	Wednesday, June 3
Chicago @ Tampa Game 2	Saturday, June 6
Tampa @ Chicago Game 3	Monday, June 8
Tampa @ Chicago Game 4	Wednesday, June 10
Chicago @ Tampa Game 5*	Saturday, June 13
Tampa @ Chicago Game 6*	Monday, June 15
Chicago @ Tampa Game 7*	Wednesday, June 17
Go Bolts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
A much better OP, even if I disagree with the last line.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hmm. Go the Florida team I guess; I like them both well enough so I don't really care.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fits posted:

Every game 8 eastern

pre:
Chicago @ Tampa Game 1	Wednesday, June 3
Chicago @ Tampa Game 2	Saturday, June 6
Tampa @ Chicago Game 3	Monday, June 8
Tampa @ Chicago Game 4	Wednesday, June 10
Chicago @ Tampa Game 5*	Saturday, June 13
Tampa @ Chicago Game 6*	Monday, June 15
Chicago @ Tampa Game 7*	Wednesday, June 17
:science: Go Bolts :science:

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Let's go the Chicago Timonens.

Alternatively, go Tampa Bay Coburn/Carle Revenge Squad.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

root for the one less likely to be a trader

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I guess you win, HK please lock my thread and gently caress this hockey matchup

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
A win for Chicago legitimizes a lot of well deserved dynasty chatter before free agency begins to consume their roster. A win for Tampa Bay merely reminds the rest of North America that there is a town called Tampa Bay.

I'm not even a Hawks fan but I hope they loving murder the Bolts.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I know you're mad that the Blackhawks beat the Wild, but what the heck is your problem with the Lightning?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Zurreco posted:

A win for Chicago legitimizes a lot of well deserved dynasty chatter before free agency begins to consume their roster. A win for Tampa Bay merely reminds the rest of North America that there is a town called Tampa Bay.

Awful person here

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Go Bolts.

gently caress Chicago, I hope they get swept.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I posted this in the playoff prediction thread as well, but I called this Final all the way back in October, and I'm thoroughly impressed with myself that I ended up getting it right.

Go Bolts. Prove my prediction in October wrong! :toot:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zurreco posted:

Tampa is, ironically, a huge hockey town. I remember reading that the Bolts sell a higher percentage of tickets than any of the other local teams (including the Buccaneers which seemed weird considering Americas obsession with the NFL).

Im a Hawks fan but I cant find myself being mad if they lose to Tampa, theyre an equally fun team to watch with great fans. Plus wonderllama owns.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Furnaceface posted:

Tampa is, ironically, a huge hockey town.

Tampa is, unironically, the 5th lowest net value franchise in the NHL. You can sell all of the tickets you want but that's only because they're relatively cheap as gently caress and there's probably nothing else to do down there aside from Krokodil.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

Tampa is, ironically, a huge hockey town. I remember reading that the Bolts sell a higher percentage of tickets than any of the other local teams (including the Buccaneers which seemed weird considering Americas obsession with the NFL).

Im a Hawks fan but I cant find myself being mad if they lose to Tampa, theyre an equally fun team to watch with great fans. Plus wonderllama owns.

I'll agree about wonderllama

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
I hope Tampa wins and enrages everyone who makes seriousposts about ratings, markets, and geographical capacity to produce wintertime ice.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Non-traditional market! Fair weather fans! Half the arena filled with opposing team fans!

I think that covers it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Loqieu posted:

Non-traditional market! Fair weather fans! Half the arena filled with opposing team fans!

I think that covers it.

Ironically Chicago has more fair weather fans than Tampa

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
No it was moral and ethical for them because they're the only team that's ever had an obnoxious owner who only cares about money.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Go Bolts, let's have something different than a rotating carousel of Hawks and Kings.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Tampa is loving scary -- their stupidly young/good core of the triplets/Stamkos/Hedman plus Drouin/Vasilevsky haven't even been indoctrinated. If Drouin is awesome, those forwards are unfair. Tampa's gonna be great for a long time.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Tampa is loving scary -- their stupidly young/good core of the triplets/Stamkos/Hedman plus Drouin/Vasilevsky haven't even been indoctrinated. If Drouin is awesome, those forwards are unfair. Tampa's gonna be great for a long time.

I'd be very unsurprised if Tampa is basically the next Chicago.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I'm ready for SAS to resume hating us all now that we're not playing the Ducks anymore. Hail Satan. :patriot:

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

lock your own thread, HK isnt your mom

he's my mom

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
It's so awesome to be back. Go Bolts :science:

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

quote:

Don't forget 2 of their series losses came on game 7 OT goals to eventual cup loser and cup winner. Their only legit bad year was when Hossa got concussed by Phoenix and the team fell apart.

From the last thread but:

I'm still offended by Raffi Torres' existence.

Anyway, this series should be a Lot of Fun for everyone, both teams are capable of high octane offensive systems with a fair minimum of clutch-and-grab bullshit or borderline dirty poo poo (outside of Shaw, maybe) that plagues the West. I'm excited.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
RIP Ducks, your Groundhog Year continues on.

Go Bolts, the scrappy underdog.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress a Callahan, go Hawks, hail satan.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This is the matchup I picked at the start of the playoffs, both for prediction and preference. Arguably the two best run teams in the league that both play modern, exciting hockey and have a whole bunch of superstars.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Ironically Chicago has more fair weather fans than Tampa

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Heaf posted:

Go Bolts, let's have something different than a rotating carousel of Hawks and Kings.

On this bandwagon also.
Of the three - not the Ducks, would have preferred the Rangers since it hasnt been since 94 but 2004 is better than 2 cups in last 5 years

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Give Stamkos a cup so people stop using that as an excuse to cheer for that dumb team.

Go bolts

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I'm shocked you didn't save this

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

I'm shocked you didn't save this

Ah yes the only anti-tampa ad we managed to do that year before local tampa radio started to throw a shitfit about it and whined until the signs got taken down.

Montreal and Philly manned up and accepted their insults instead of crying about it. If it wasn't the Hawks winning again I'd be rooting against Tampa.

edit: I think we had one about all tampa fans being old people too

edit2: yup

we were much worse to Philly

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Who knew that making fans pay $30 a month to watch regular season games would cause a city to lose interest in the team?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Who knew that making fans pay $30 a month to watch regular season games would cause a city to lose interest in the team?

Everyone has to pay for a cable subscription

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Tampa Bay never had to deal with Dollar Bill trading away hall of famers

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Fateo McMurray posted:

Everyone has to pay for a cable subscription

This is in addition to a cable subscription. Hawkvision was a pay channel only available if you already had cable.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Also it was only for one season. Every other season, if you lived in Chicago you either went to home games or you literally couldn't watch them, sellout or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
RIP the ABC Line (Arnason, Bell, Calder)

• Locked thread