Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
A much better OP, even if I disagree with the last line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I guess you win, HK please lock my thread and gently caress this hockey matchup

I know you're mad that the Blackhawks beat the Wild, but what the heck is your problem with the Lightning?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Tampa is loving scary -- their stupidly young/good core of the triplets/Stamkos/Hedman plus Drouin/Vasilevsky haven't even been indoctrinated. If Drouin is awesome, those forwards are unfair. Tampa's gonna be great for a long time.

I'd be very unsurprised if Tampa is basically the next Chicago.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

They'll probably petition the NHL like they did with Jamal Mayers.

That is, if they win.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dexo posted:

So I guess I need to become a diehard Blackhawks fan again.

Who on the team do I need to hate(I've been hearing bitching about Bickel being overpaid or something).Who should I be rooting for besides Kane and Toews. Teuvo Teravainen any good? I think I saw him play when I went to a game in Rockford a year or so ago.

Also I thought the Hawks were supposed to suck or something, Dan Bernstein told me that Sharp was sleeping with teammate's wives or girlfriends or something. He has never lied to me before.

Bickell is overpaid, and also injured. Kris Versteeg is pretty bad when he plays. Andrew Shaw is an unrepentant rear end, but he's on the Blackhawks, so he's obviously just a pest and not a menace to the game (also he's not very good and takes too many dumb penalties.) Kimmo Timonen used to be fantastic, but he's old now and really bad. David Rundblad and Kyle Cumiskey are both mediocre, but be aware that they're not normal members of the defense corps, so you shouldn't bitch about them when they mess up.

Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, Brandon Saad, and Duncan Keith are probably the best offensive players on the team aside from Kane and Toews. Hjalmarsson is an incredible defensive player, as is Marcus Kruger (who may be injured.) Brent Seabrook is pretty good as well.

Teuvo is great.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 1, 2015

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The Broletariat posted:

This is true with like every form of entertainment.

"Oh, I've listened to that band since their first album." *comment about how new fans suck*

"I've been watching that TV show since season 1." *comment about how new fans suck*

"I've been reading Game of Thrones since before it was a TV show." *comment about how the books are better*

etc. etc. etc.

I somehow only just realized that people who complain about new fans are the sports equivalent to hipsters.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Wonderllama posted:

tampa
- old people
- state shaped like a wang
- once elected an alligator to the state senate

oh yeah? well

chicago
-incredible numbers of murders on the south side
-drunkest fans this side of philly
-more corrupt than FIFA

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MindlessHavok posted:

Not really all that hard to get "this side" of Philly.

islanders fans are drunk as gently caress, and on the other side of philly

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Wonderllama posted:

pray for wonderllama

I will

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Wonderllama posted:

tampa has a strict "no corrupt chicago police" policy, which, unfortunately would bar them from entry. but everyone else can come, if they want.

What about corrupt Chicago public officials?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This is going to be a really good series.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

onemillionzombies posted:

Chicago's top line was completely nullified by Paquette, I think Toews had something like -14 corsi. So there'll be changes for game 2 but not necessarily with the lines.

It also didn't help one bit that Toews got destroyed in faceoffs.

If I'm Q, I'm going to gamble and say that Cedric Paquette is not going to shut down Toews again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tusen Takk posted:

Where's WL at anyways?

dead in a tampa gutter :(

• Locked thread