Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

Chicago isn't exactly lacking for nightlife either

Things that only come out at night, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Teams can submit a sort of voucher for players they think deserve it, which I'm sure will happen.

It could be rejected because of his situation though.

Usually you get credit for injuries, but he was with Philly then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Chicago winning and Timonen not getting his name on the Cup is the best possible result so I am shifting my allegiance to Chicago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tampa is better than Anaheim and they took Chicago to 7, and several deep overtimes in that.

But they don't really play the same style as Anaheim does so Chicago's defense might end up just being the counter to Tampa.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EZipperelli posted:

Dunno if this was posted elsewhere, but :wtf: Tampa...

Tampa Ticket Policy for Stanley Cup Finals

... The gently caress!? Why would the 19th ranked team in terms of % of capacity want to dissuade people from spending money on tickets?

“We want to create as much of a hometown environment for the Lightning players and our season-ticket holders as we can.” ie: We need every advantage we can get, because the Blackhawks are going to wreck our poo poo.

Chicago has standing room because it's a badly designed arena, capacity means nothing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

However, the numbers don't lie, he ha a slightly better GAA and a slightly better save percentage than Bishop this season. Yet people talk about Bishop as if he's amazing. I don't get it. Crawford is like maybe the twelfth best goalie in the league but you could do a lot worse.

He's overpaid, but so's Patrick Sharp, so whatever.

Nobody talks about Bishop being any good except the TV trying to make a storyline.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tampa Bay has so much lightning because human habitation has destroyed the local ecosystem.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't really speak English in Chicago either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Montreal has the most strip clubs per capita.

This isn't really a good thing so I assume the same holds true for bars.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Per capita is irrelevant. I believe lacrosse wi is bars per capita. But America doesn't judge itself per capita, it's #1, just like Chicago in having the most bars.

Montreal's population would rank 5th in the US.

Per capita strip clubs is pretty drat gross when your population is that high.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Warm water freezes faster than cold, so if you think about it the South is more hockey than anywhere else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've been to #81 plenty of times and if it's 51 better it's probably very good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

I want Chicago to come out with a dress code policy, suits and fedoras for all men. Horn rimmed glasses if you need prescription lenses.

Ankle length skirts for women.

COLORS FORBIDDEN.

2 letters changes that last one so much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Please Sweeney, no. No Sweeney. No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That still seems a little much. You might need to retain salary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

They can just petition the league to get him on there and they'll get no arguments. And they're not going to play him just to get his name there.

The league can and has denied guys who didn't play because they weren't good enough though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Sakic was cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shyduck posted:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 15s15 seconds ago
Ben Bishop leads the Lightning out for warmup

This is going to be my new metaphor for pooping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ahem, we are talking about playoff beards.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saad's having a real good series that's going to kick Chicago right in the wallet.

GWG, big headshot on Bishop, slewfoot that saved a tying goal. He does it all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

Yeah, apparently the families come down to the glass for warmups. That's Keith's kid on the left and apparently Hjalmarsson's kid on the right.

As far as they know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Tell us more about how murdering tens of millions of people is a healthy way of handling differences in sports opinions :nallears:

Acts of God aren't murder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chicago should just trade Kane and Toews. Boom, like $20 million cap space and you don't lose your Finals scorers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah well Chicago has never in their entire history beaten Tampa Bay for the Cup, so...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

High end credit cards often come with fancy concierge services.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DeepDickPizza has died of dysentery.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

is there a way for the blackhawks to win while keeping wonderllama from destroying his liver as a coping mechanism? that's the result I'd like tonight

Martin St. Louis is in the stands. The release of confetti buries him alive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Tonight would be an ideal time to win it, Hawks. Chicago is pretty much shut-down because of this storm and the Cubs game was canceled. The weather would probably keep a lot of idiots from destroying the city tonight.

Or make it easier for them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know what the scary thing is? Timonen was considered the best defenseman in Philly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fits posted:

i thought it was coburn, until they traded him too

I'm just going by FAS, who admittedly might be flawed in their abilities to assess defensemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Bhas posters only in this thread please

I'm appropriating the appearance of a Blackhawks fan.

• Locked thread