Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
A couple years ago, we got quite a few copies of Otomedius Excellent in at work. Not surprisingly, it was bargain-priced at $20.

My first thought when I saw it was "Yup. That's a blue-haired anime girl riding the Vic Viper. And of course they went for the tits-n-rear end shot on the cover."

My second thought was "'Inspired by the legendary Gradius series?' Why the gently caress didn't Konami just MAKE Gradius VI like everyone wants them to? Who actually asked for this?"

We no longer have any Otomedius Excellent copies; whether it's because they got clearanced out and shipped back to whoever dumped them onto us, or people actually bought this thing, or whether it's because the company I work for no longer sells video games, I'll never know.

Actual Gradius-related question: What's the timeline for the series? Galaxies implied it goes Scramble > Gradius > Salamander > II > III > Gaiden > IV > Galaxies, and I'm guessing V and Rebirth happened after those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread