Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Ehehehe, the Konami code saved so many folks. Looking forward to the evil that is Life Force, as that's the Gradius I've played (along with some of the many, many spinoffs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

That's alright, Star Man. Definitely know I'll hang around for it, because Life Force was the first Gradius I ever played.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Star Man posted:

Japanese or US version?

That'd be the US Version.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Welp, that was pretty much as I remember it. :v:

I'm also mystified at conversions sometimes, because there sure are quite a few differences between EU, JP, and US versions of games sometimes, including entire levels being removed or added in.

Also, a random bit of mondegreen hilarity. It wasn't until the Two-Player vid I realised the synth voice was saying "Danger Danger Danger Danger", instead thinking that the Zelos Force (Which... Can talk... For reasons?) was trying to catch up while saying "Hey jerk, hey jerk, hey jerk, hey jerk" :v:

I dunno, I like that mental image more somehow...

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Dang, always cool to hear people's memories, how they got into things, and also cool, if odd, to see Tutankha- Tutun- Tutamanattacky-type-dude and the other bosses that are different!

...Wait, are we finally out of the Gradius 1 remakes? Are you finally free?

• Locked thread