Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
A lot of SCA dudes claim they like knights and medievalism because they yearn for the days when chivalry was more important than looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

corn in the bible posted:

A lot of SCA dudes claim they like knights and medievalism because they yearn for the days when chivalry was more important than looks.

Is that a pasta sauce.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
why don't women like me, I'm a knights guy

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
knights guys finish last

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thathonkey posted:

sixth salt

i was told that this is salt, but less salty

what's the point of that, then?

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Once I went out with a Jewish girl who DESTROYED some pasta. I had no idea that it was possible but she set the heat up high and roasted it to the pan. It destroyed a pretty good pot to. I thought all human beings where born with the intrinsic knowledge to make some pasta, but she proved me wrong. I worry she will get caught out in the woods and starve or something, seriously teach your kids to cook.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Once I went out with a Jewish girl who DESTROYED some pasta. I had no idea that it was possible but she set the heat up high and roasted it to the pan. It destroyed a pretty good pot to. I thought all human beings where born with the intrinsic knowledge to make some pasta, but she proved me wrong. I worry she will get caught out in the woods and starve or something, seriously teach your kids to cook.

sorry pal this is off topic

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

don't do this because since people can't cook i can impress people with basic cooking skills (ex. making chili)

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

But yeah, I take it back, SCA people are worse than straight up LARPers but the worst people in the world are confederate army dudes. I did once meet an African-American dude who collected CSA stuff and did the whole reenactment thing, and he said that he was just celebrating the heritage of his white great-grandfather who fought for the South, which was like some kind of weird satire and confuses me to this day.

literally uncle ruckuss

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:shlick: - oh my god this steak is fantastic, how did you make it taste so good?
:radcat: - i put it on a grill with salt and took it off when it was medium rare

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Business Gorillas posted:

:shlick: - oh my god this steak is fantastic, how did you make it taste so good?
:radcat: - i put it on a grill with salt and took it off when it was medium rare

You also put on the A1s steak sauce

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

do you finish your steaks in the oven before or after you sear them, that's the real question

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

You also put on the A1s steak sauce

yeah if you are cooking the steak for the reception for your gay marriage maybe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

yeah if you are cooking the steak for the reception for your gay marriage maybe

He put on the sauce

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

do you finish your steaks in the oven before or after you sear them, that's the real question

i only buy strip and i prefer it on the grill, but for filets i just sear it and that's it

if i had to pan sear it, i'd bake it well done, then put on the sear, hth

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i only buy strip and i prefer it on the grill, but for filets i just sear it and that's it

if i had to pan sear it, i'd bake it well done, then put on the sear, hth

that's the best option, it keeps in more of the juices despite popular myth claiming that searing first is best. you chose right.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

that's the best option, it keeps in more of the juices despite popular myth claiming that searing first is best. you chose right.

i don't let the liberal media tell me how to cook steaks. i cook them the same way my daddy did and his daddy before him

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

He put on the sauce

sounds pretty gay

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

It was loving poo poo i threw it away after a couple bites and walked to mcdonalds instead to get a big mac lol !!!
I prefer the McChicken.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

literally uncle ruckuss

I would have thought it was a joke, except he had the full uniform on and everything, dude was crazy serious about Our Confederate Heritage and the Lost Cause and it was just weird

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a dog from hell posted:

I prefer the McChicken.

I respect your right to hold that preference we are all good here

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Here's an example of what the OP proudly talks about cooking for hundreds of SCA dudes and about how great of a chef he is.

quote:

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
2 packets Lipton Onion Soup
2 cups water
3 cans beef broth
5-6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
4-5 medium potatoes, cubed small
1 cup Pearl Barley
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Brown the ground beef in a pot.
Add onion soup to slow cooker and add two cups of water. Stir to dissolve.
Add ground beef, carrots, and cans of beef broth. Cook on high setting for 3-5 hours.
One hour before serving, add potatoes and barley, adding more water as needed, since the barley absorbs a lot.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with bread, preferably a heel from yesterday.

Only scale up so it fits his massive 50 gallon pot and serve the lukewarm mess to a bunch of sweaty nerds in chainmail.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
haha what a poo poo recipe

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Unsurprisingly, the goons in goons with spoons can't cook.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

canned onion soup, what the gently caress

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

But yeah, I take it back, SCA people are worse than straight up LARPers but the worst people in the world are confederate army dudes. I did once meet an African-American dude who collected CSA stuff and did the whole reenactment thing, and he said that he was just celebrating the heritage of his white great-grandfather who fought for the South, which was like some kind of weird satire and confuses me to this day.

lol wtf

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Prawned posted:

Unsurprisingly, the goons in goons with spoons can't cook.

After the "lol prep your rear end my chili is going to rape you" thread blew up and went gold along with the Chickencheese thread most people who were linked to it learned that GWS is 10% hardcore professional experts who do not gently caress around and will get mad as poo poo at terrible amateur cooks (it's an even toss-up between pros who want to offer tons of friendly advice and people shouting "YOU loving GARBAGE HUMAN BEING STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING"), 40% people who love food and love talking about it, another 40% who are a bit lazy but not ramen eating slobs, and 10% complete loving morons who think grating actual cheese into a pot of EasyMac is next level cooking.

Here's a microcosm of what GWS is about

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045

Guy posts an absolute garbage chili recipe in "bro-speak", gets reamed by GWS, keeps defending his terrible chili as some magical bargain recipe, and gets relentlessly burned by even casual posters for being an idiot.

And then there was the Chickencheese thread which became lengendary

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498320

It's 44 pages, and as you read through you can figure out the path the thread took as it was moved from GWS to AI, then TFR, then TradGames, and I think NMD

pentyne fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 26, 2015

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Kasan posted:

Only getting paid once a month can be a bitch sometimes.
what 12th century French phrase do you use when explaining to someone that you're on welfare

Kasan posted:

20~ gallons of a beef and barley the first time I actually used it. I learned some important lessons about cast iron cooking over an open flame, such as if you stop stirring and leave it over the fire, the stuff sinking to the bottom will turn to charcoal and make the whole batch of soup taste like poo poo.

how the gently caress did you manage to burn water

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

pentyne posted:

After the "lol prep your rear end my chili is going to rape you" thread blew up and went gold along with the Chickencheese thread most people who were linked to it learned that GWS is 10% hardcore professional experts who do not gently caress around and will get mad as poo poo at terrible amateur cooks (it's an even toss-up between pros who want to offer tons of friendly advice and people shouting "YOU loving GARBAGE HUMAN BEING STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING"), 40% people who love food and love talking about it, another 40% who are a bit lazy but not ramen eating slobs, and 10% complete loving morons who think grating actual cheese into a pot of EasyMac is next level cooking.

Guy posts an absolute garbage chili recipe in "bro-speak", gets reamed by GWS, keeps defending his terrible chili as some magical bargain recipe, and gets relentlessly burned by even casual posters for being an idiot.

It's 44 pages, and as you read through you can figure out the path the thread took as it was moved from GWS to AI, then TFR, then TradGames, and I think NMD

man that forums weird as poo poo

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

i told this story before here but one time i went to a friends house to meet up with him and like 10 other people and one of the couples was this super weaboo pair who, i poo poo you not, talked to each other in broken, anime-learned japanese in real life

so before we leave to go out the guys like "hey i can make dinner if anyone didnt eat, let me know and ill get you ramen" and some people take him up on it and he brings out some bowls of ramen with an egg on top, vegetables and meat mixed in and serves it up and the weaboo couple girl goes "i thought you were making ramen whats all that stuff." he tells her its ramen noodles with whatever poo poo added on top and she goes "oh my god thats such a good idea" and we all just kind of stared at her dumbfounded for a while

cool story about eating ramen

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
chili is rubbish fruit

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

pentyne posted:

Ah yes, chicken and cheese sandwiches, renowned the world over as the height of gourmet cuisine since becoming the first foodstuff to earn its own michelin star in 2012.

loving americans

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I've eaten some horrible poo poo, but I'm pretty sure even war criminals would balk at using french onion soup mix

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

It is my firm belief that man can subsist on nothing more then chili and anger.

:munch: this should be good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

even the ss troopers manning auschwitz shuddered a little when the onion soup mix came out

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I've eaten some horrible poo poo, but I'm pretty sure even war criminals would balk at using french onion soup mix
Kind of a dumb thing to say with how few people actually cook in 2015.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ArbitraryC posted:

Kind of a dumb thing to say with how few people actually cook in 2015.

yeah but its a really smart thing to say when youre trying to tell everybody how badass ur leet cookin skillz r

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Some days you wonder why the world is so hosed up and all the kids are retarded these days.

Then you see someone like OP and know why.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Verily I Shat posted:

Some days you wonder why the world is so hosed up and all the kids are retarded these days.

Then you see someone like OP and know why.

quote:

Oils:
Canola, Coconut, Sesame, Grapeseed, Rapeseed, Peanut, Safflower, Olive (Light and Virgin and probably both not real olive oil), Lard (This poo poo is the bomb on toast)

I assume most of that oil is for metal polishing, not food consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I've made Nosmoking's white chicken chili. It's pretty good.

• Locked thread