Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The best part is Floyd sent Chuck Zito of Hell's Angels and Oz fame to ask if he could talk to Weidman, as if to say "Peasant, I wish to inform that other pugilist of how much money I have acquired. Fetch him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

outy posted:

That's a possibility, but a slim one. There are a few more spaces on the bill, however right now we're staring down the barrel of Bisping v Leites main event and Evan Dunham v Ross Pearson as co-main. Any additions would have to be further down the card.

It sold out fast because it's the first UFC in Scotland and the tickets are quite a bit cheaper than bigger events (165GBP for front row). It's a lovely early start though, and such a quick sell-out just encourages them to keep putting on low rent cards in the UK.

Dunham and Pearson probably have bigger name value than Do Bronx and Lentz.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Trast posted:

Its nice to have a champion who limits the bones he breaks to chicken wings.

agreed. Nice to have a champ that isn't afraid to shuck and jive a little. Good to see we've got a champ that Looooves chicken and isn't afraid to admit it :D

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
this is the first weidman thing i have ever liked

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

agreed. Nice to have a champ that isn't afraid to shuck and jive a little. Good to see we've got a champ that Looooves chicken and isn't afraid to admit it :D

:lol: Christ dude it isn't even like UFC champs liking chicken wings is an isolated thing.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

yeah pretty sure it isn't a "black people love chicken" kinda thing, I think it's more a "he made a spoof video called all about that cake (and chicken)"

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
rofl

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That Floyd thing is amazing, holy poo poo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Countdown to UFC publicly burying Aldo starts now. I think this is the first relevant high profile fighter making a statement on the Reebok deal.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/31/8695387/jose-aldo-ufc-reebok-deal-wants-fighters-union-mma-news

Jose Aldo posted:

"First of all. It's poo poo. Everybody has been talking about it. We, athletes, are losing a lot. They said we would be like NBA or NFL athlete, but that doesn't apply, because we are not paid monthly like they are. It doesn't matter how much we will be paid, all athletes who had sponsors are losing money. That's a huge setback for us. We live for each fight, we have to keep fighting and nobody fights more than three times a year. Not a champion, anyway. Even the value they measured doesn't match what our sponsors were paying us. That is great for the UFC, but not for the fighters. I see a lot of athletes losing too much. If you are a beginner there is not that big of a hurry to get paid, but it still isn't that much. Not enough to get them by at least. I don't like it. Ever since they started talking about this, I asked to see what they were offering us and I never thought it was interesting, especially for the champions."

In his opinion, if fighters got together to start a union, maybe that would a be a way to stop the new deal from happening, and though Aldo likes the idea, he doesn't see it happening.

"If we are going to talk about something, that does not depend on just me being the champion, or Cain Velasquez, or any other champion. If we had a union for fighters, and we were all together, like in the NBA, this would've been different. But fighters are not united. Today I have a price the event is willing to pay to have me, but there are other fighters out there willing to fight for spare change if I don't want to, and that is not even their fault. The UFC brought the sport to where it is today, great, that's their merit. But if athletes were more united and had a union to protect them, I don't think this would happen."

His main concern, though, is to find a way to make it easier for fighters who are just starting out, as Aldo feels they are the ones who will suffer the most from the new contract.

"When I speak about this, I don't speak for myself. If I say this might be good for Aldo, yeah, sure it can, I would make good money, I could say that. But when I look at other athletes, like I do at my gym, they need me and Andre Pederneiras to start helping them, because that's a bad thing that they are doing to them. It gets really bad for up and comers or guys who are trying to reach the top. I'm not talking about me, I'm all right, I'm the champion and I have a high price. Aldo hasn't become the champion now, he has been the champion for years. But for the beginners, it's really bad."

Jose Aldo is scheduled to face Conor McGregor for the UFC featherweight championship at UFC 189 in Las Vegas on July 11.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Aldo has been saying stuff like that for years

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I literally go back and forth on hating floyd and thinking he completely owns on like a weekly basis

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hasnt he hit a bunch of women

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
mcgregor suddenly finds himself hooked up with the same cheat codes that ronda gets

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

It's not like Dana White and the UFC aren't chomping at the bit for Aldo to lose to McGregor. The fact that Aldo is probably right about a lot of stuff just makes them want to spike his pedialight with Vitor amounts of HGH.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
At last the left wing darling progressive mma fans have been waiting for. For real though is Aldo the first sitting champ to acknowledge that a fighter union is a good idea? Don't recall him or anyone else spelling it out quite like that before.

Anyway I came here to post that Weidman quote because it is the best. Mayweather is the rich kid who invites normal kids from class over to his house then makes them sit still while he explains all of his awesome toys that they can't touch.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bundt Cake posted:

Yeah but get this he acts like a caricature unironically sometimes you can see how i might find it difficult to know whether to like him or not

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It's going to be fun to watch Mayweather go broke in the next ten years

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

vainman posted:

It's going to be fun to watch Mayweather go broke in the next ten years

You really think he'll last 10? I give him 3 years after his last fight to blow it all on idiotic promotional garbage, gambling, and bullshit.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Not to mention lawyers' fees.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Bundt Cake posted:

Yeah, he's pretty awful.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
With Floyd, the question is if he's someone you love to hate or someone you just hate.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cool

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Looks like there were a bunch of releases today. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0601/595866/ufc-apparently-releases-several-fighters/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

"UFC female fighters Leslie Smith and Heather Jo Clark beat up a male at The Mint in San Francisco after the guy groped Smith. The man spit on Smith and then threw a punch at her, but missed. Smith took him down and landed several elbows as Clark soccer kicked the man in the face. He later apologized."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

"UFC female fighters Leslie Smith and Heather Jo Clark beat up a male at The Mint in San Francisco after the guy groped Smith. The man spit on Smith and then threw a punch at her, but missed. Smith took him down and landed several elbows as Clark soccer kicked the man in the face. He later apologized."

Leslie Smith is literally the best.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

That guy seems to have misread the story, supposedly the dude in question groped one of her friends. Also Heather Clark apparently gave him a running kick to the nuts, at least according to Cesar Gracie (for whatever that's worth)

Cesar Gracie posted:

Dirtbag decides to sexually harass group of females. What he didn't know was that 2 of the women were MMA fighters currently in the UFC.

While going out to a club in San Francisco, a malcontent male decided to cop a feel of a female entering the club. The female turned to her friend, current UFC fighter, Leslie Smith and exclaimed, "that guy just grabbed my a$$".
Leslie approached the man and said, "hey you can't do that" at which point the larger male responded, "f@ck you I can do whatever I want"
Leslie retorted, no muthaf@cker you can't"

At this point the man became irate and spat on Leslie's face. He then proceeded to take a punch at what he thought would be an indefensible woman

Wrong

Leslie ducked the punch and shot in for a takedown. She quickly got to the mans back and applied a choke but decided he needed some elbow strikes and punches to learn a valuable lesson.

The man unable to fend off the better fighter, desperately grabbed at Leslie's hair and in vain resorted to fighting like a girl.

Approaching the melee was Leslie's friend and Meisha Tate training partner, UFC fighter Heather Clark.

Heather, without missing a beat, delivered a running soccer kick to the man's nether regions.

Leslie again achieved mount and delivered a series of elbows until the man, now having his face looking more like hamburger meat, yelled out that he was sorry and that he respected them.
At this point Leslie disengaged and allowed the man to get up and go. He left having learned a valuable lesson and the women returned to the club.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
1)lol MMA media can't read
2)lol I wish there was video of this.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

That guy seems to have misread the story, supposedly the dude in question groped one of her friends. Also Heather Clark apparently gave him a running kick to the nuts, at least according to Cesar Gracie (for whatever that's worth)

owned.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shayna Baszler is indeed a woman's MMA.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I thought it was a bit weird that she described her takedown of the groper against the building as "I took him down against the cage" -- I guess she was talking about the cage-specific technique she used, but still.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

Aldo has been saying stuff like that for years

Yeah except this statement is really on point and a lot better than most of his previous whining.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
How can Cesar Gracie positively identify a "malcontent male" when he's shooting out so much background dickhead-radiation at all times?

I mean he couldnt even get through the quintessential "actually women can wreck your poo poo too so be nice" story without saying the male recipient of a lesson filled rear end beating was pulling hair and "fighting like a girl"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Aurain posted:

Shayna Baszler is indeed a woman's MMA.

She's looked so bad in all of her UFC fights that I guess even being Ronda's friend couldn't keep her on the payroll. That probably means Duke is next.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Chris Weidman has jumped Mighty Mouse for #2 in the UFC P4P rankings.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Ty1990 posted:

Chris Weidman has jumped Mighty Mouse for #2 in the UFC P4P rankings.

Nice to see the legend killer get recognition.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Trast posted:

She's looked so bad in all of her UFC fights that I guess even being Ronda's friend couldn't keep her on the payroll. That probably means Duke is next.

Duke is young and more marketable than Shayna. She'll get more fights than she deserves to keep Ronda happy.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Trast posted:

Duke has actually been booked for another fight in July against fellow loser of two straight UFC fights, Elizabeth Phillips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I was sad to see Tim Elliot gone. His fight with Dodson will forever own.

• Locked thread