Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
New Mad Max movie is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY73f1bRO6Q&t=32s

Please don't join a gang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amk-8a1htyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2EgundG6bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8hTNkVR5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4OdlBbpcNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPs7y531fN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qAWHZQksc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuzhDfArE1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UeOFdzpjrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I joined a gang and now I'm dead, pls don't make my mistakes tia

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ground floor in the new chat thread :getin:

Also, i've heard gangstas don't dance, confirm / deny.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think I can unjoin a gang :ohdear:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

leica posted:

Headbutt delivered.

matsayswhat posted:

the next day he spots us agian (sic)

I'm mixed about getting the black thumbs gt because I'm just pretty "ok" at working on cars, but it seems like my av could be converted to a warboy with relative ease...

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I finally saw Fury Road tonight. Definitely badass. I was worried with as much you guys were hyping it up but it did not disappoint.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Still haven't seen max yet.

Still have very little desire to do so (the peer pressure here and IRL are the only reason why I'd go).

I'd go on discount Tuesday but I'm busy ordering a car that evening.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

groundfloor

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
basement floor

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

IT'S NOT JUNE YET DAMNIT

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Thread OP rated :mediocre:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
I DIDN'T CHOOSE THE CHROME LIFE.
THE CHROME LIFE CHOSE ME.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
GROUND FLOOR. WITNESS ME.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ilkhan posted:

Still have very little desire to do so (the peer pressure here and IRL are the only reason why I'd go).

consider this extra peer pressure

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

ilkhan posted:

Do you like action films or car chases or mad max 1 or 2? If yes, it's pretty good, you'll enjoy it. If not don't bother.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'm too lazy to join a gang.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got heat stroke in mildly humid 70s weather and while I'm recovering just too fine im still apparently too retarded to figure out the correct formatting I need

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm in a gang

I am v powerful

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized that some motherfucker better bring me a god damned blood bag because I refuse to die here on page one

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I just remembered I'm going camping this weekend. I better get my poo poo together.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Big gang of jerks itt

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamnit. We replaced our undercabinet ice maker last year because it decided it wanted nothing to do with refrigerant (we tried getting it recharged twice, it all leaked out within a few hours both times). Stepdad being stepdad, he bought yet another used icemaker - this one is 13 loving years old, though it did have a new pump. And it's dead silent, plus parts are really cheap for it since it's a GE.

The only issue we'd had (until 2 days ago) was a wire on the cutting grid broke, but $40 on ebay fixed that. Yesterday it decided "hey, I'm just gonna run nonstop and only go into harvest every few hours", which results in a sheet of ice so thick that it gets stuck. And once the pump kicks back on, since that sheet of ice is stuck halfway between the cold bits and the cutting grid, all the water just runs out of it and into the ice bin, eventually starving the pump.

Here's the sheet of ice it just released (which needed a bit of help getting onto the cutting grid) - it's almost 3 inches thick in the middle.

I found a service manual for it, apparently if you unplug the temp sensor for the plate (that plug you see disconnected in the back), it should automatically harvest every 30-45 minutes. I'm really hoping it's just that temp sensor, I can't imagine it losing enough refrigerant to go from working perfect to "gently caress you" in a day. Plus it's obviously getting cold enough to actually form ice.

I really hate stand-alone ice makers (since they seem to need constant work), but I also hate ice makers built into freezers, since the ice they crank out tastes like everything in the freezer.

EDIT: Just checked on it, looks like it is the temp sensor. It's already shat out another sheet of ice, this one the typical 1" thick sheet. That sensor is a pain in the dick to get to, so I'm just leaving it unplugged for now.

e2: 3 sheets so far. Looks like I get to go on ebay to find a new temp sensor, then figure out how the gently caress to get to it.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 1, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

this loving movie is putting the most horrible of ideas in my head......

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'm mixed about getting the black thumbs gt because I'm just pretty "ok" at working on cars, but it seems like my av could be converted to a warboy with relative ease...

You browse AI, that already puts you ahead of most of the wasteland as far as skill level. Some of us would just decide however to never leave the rig, I could totally have been under that hood from the first moment just keeping the poor bastard running and died happy and in pieces like Coma
Dude the crazy part about the heat stroke is I wasnt really expecting it on a relatively mild day but high humidity and hard work so sweating a lot more than average, got home, planted myself and was talking to a friend online who kept having to stop me and have me either back track or explain things because I was becoming more and more erratic in my thought patterns as far as just a general confusion on both sides went, like she'd be sitting there wondering what the gently caress I just said, and I'm wondering why the gently caress she didnt understand, but then realised I didnt even really remember what I had said 30 seconds before. Took me about a half hour of this to notice how loving warm I felt, and realised drat, I could really use a glass of water or a soda or something, and then when I got up I noticed I was a nice shade of lobster red in the mirror.

I wonder if that's what schizophrenia is like, just having a fundamentally distorted view of the world that you are unable to understand because the part thats feeding you the faulty information happens to be the one running the show :stare:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I just realized that some motherfucker better bring me a god damned blood bag because I refuse to die here on page one

All hooked up, lets ride eternal on the highways of Valhalla

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Raining today so Im going to work on the Javelin for a bit then go see Fury Road at the first showing this morning. I cant loving WAIT.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
fury road is basically our woodstock

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is Woodstock a religion? Because if people can register as jedi I demand recognition for my unorthodox worship at the Cult of VEE EIGHT and all the legal tax breaks and incentives that may be offered at that time.

To buy even bigger poo poo. So we can blow that poo poo up too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mufflers are against my religion.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'd just like to brag here that after I took my ladyfriend to see it and she loved it. There were cars in town this weekend and she found a Mustang she liked and just threw up the V8 hands. :3:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
6am we sound the superchargers, not god damned church bells

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Powershift posted:

Mufflers are against my religion.

my e30 can confirm this.

Running out the door to first day at the new job. I'mma try not to gently caress up.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My favourite part of that movie was two hours long

piss boner
May 17, 2003

6am is too early for loud poo poo, 14"

leica posted:

Big gang of jerks itt

:captainpop:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

piss boner posted:

6am is too early for loud poo poo, 14"

Take. Off. That. Avatar.

How dare you call yourself a doofwarrior.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
itt, I am confused. Miss a month miss a lot I guess.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

My favourite part of that movie was two hours long

:agreed:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

itt, I am confused. Miss a month miss a lot I guess.

Do you know where you are? You're in the junglewasteland, baby

You're gonna die

piss boner
May 17, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Take. Off. That. Avatar.

How dare you call yourself a doofwarrior.

6am is either the sound of bacon cooking or the sweet sweet sounds of gently caress noises. You gotta be quiet in the early hours so daddy can nurse his hangover. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I need to go see this movie... life has just been chaotic this last month :( And I want a gang tag, but that involves actually FINDING an avatar I like

• Locked thread