Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
$1 OBO firm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I wonder how he'll get paid:

"I do not accept payments, installment plans, or any other form of payment."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ssjonizuka posted:

I wonder how he'll get paid:

"I do not accept payments, installment plans, or any other form of payment."

I just wanted to push him away from the keyboard and take over. Previously the entire ad was in CAPS.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Are old folks still convinced they're sending telegraphs?

SELLING MUSTANG STOP
ADULT CHRISTIAN LADY DRIVEN STOP

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sigtrap posted:

Are old folks still convinced they're sending telegraphs?

SELLING MUSTANG STOP
ADULT CHRISTIAN LADY DRIVEN STOP

Heh. It was kind of a waste of a trip, I didn't even get to drive it.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Need more automotive fiction in my life.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Torn Quad Jones posted:

Need more automotive fiction in my life.

You hear the one about the dude driving his Biturbo to Vegas?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i made spam fried rice

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ignore the dish with the spaghetti sauce on it; i was making that too but that isn't as yummy

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I begged him not to do that. But he's 80 years old and wouldn't budge.

Did you tell him that a lot of CL vets specify a minimum price to filter that poo poo out so they'll never see his ad?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
One of my friends just lost their kid to SIDS :smith:

They are donating his organs, however, and its a very brave thing they do...

SIDS was always my worst fear when my guy was an infant, I'd wake up every few hours worried and would go check on him or I couldn't sleep.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 1, 2015

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CommieGIR posted:

One of my friends just lost their kid to SIDS :downs:

Oh my :saddowns:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

SIDS was always my worst fear when my guy was an infant, I'd wake up every few hours worried and would go check on him or I couldn't sleep.

i think you mean :saddowns:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

One of the saddest calls I have ever heard over the radio while working in the ambulance was, "Unit XX dispatch to Address XX for a 3 month old infant with difficulty breathing. Uh...family history of SIDS."

What the gently caress that call was sad as gently caress. Every medic working that night listening to the radio remembers it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

i think you mean :saddowns:

Phone autoreplaced :smith: with :downs:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Saw comrade flynn in the PBJTYME on I-5 northbound near Shoreline yesterday afternoon

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I helped sell 53 cars last month AND the person that was making my life miserable got fired. May treated me well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I helped sell 53 cars last month AND the person that was making my life miserable got fired. May treated me well.

Whooooooooo! Time to buy a Miata!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm already tired of seeing Bruce Jenner in drag looking at me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Same, part of me wants to believe that he/she/it is doing it for him/her/itself, but I have a feeling this is all to gently caress with his exwife

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

Same, part of me wants to believe that he/she/it is doing it for him/her/itself, but I have a feeling this is all to gently caress with his exwife

He gets the last laugh as he's now far more attractive than Kris Jenner.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

pretty sure there's a lot of much easier ways to gently caress with your ex than doing what she's doing.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

All I see is bizarro Tina Fey.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Are you not entertained?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

FINALLY, A GANG TAG FOR ME

Seriously though, Mad Max was the best in every fuckin way. Anyone post the movie bikes up in here yet?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

M42 posted:

FINALLY, A GANG TAG FOR ME

Seriously though, Mad Max was the best in every fuckin way. Anyone post the movie bikes up in here yet?

Feel free. It's the general chat thread, 7-eyes.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

14 INCH SLIT posted:

You hear the one about the dude driving his Biturbo to Vegas?

No i have not tell me more :allears:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

CommieGIR posted:

:cry: I can't offer more than condolences, and hope they're doing ok. I still have vivid memories of laying in bed listening to my little guys breathe in their early days. Gonna go home and hug mine like crazy.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Not having a car loving sucks. I had to have my mom pick me up to go grocery shopping yesterday. At least I convinced my boss to pick me up tomorrow...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CommieGIR posted:

My wife compulsively checked on our kids a few times a night when they were little. The first time they sleep for any length of time was stressful and a relief. I wish there was a better answer for how and why it happens besides some blaming things like blankets, or mattresses being to firm or too soft or crib bumpers or... Sometimes sad things just happen and all you can do is be sincere and tell them how much you care about them and whatever emotional or physical support you can offer.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My wife compulsively checked on our kids a few times a night when they were little. The first time they sleep for any length of time was stressful and a relief. I wish there was a better answer for how and why it happens besides some blaming things like blankets, or mattresses being to firm or too soft or crib bumpers or... Sometimes sad things just happen and all you can do is be sincere and tell them how much you care about them and whatever emotional or physical support you can offer.

I ended up staving off the sadness from hearing about this by designing a circuit that can detect breathing from an infant and will set off an alarm if the breathing ceases.

:smith: It made me feel better

ssjonizuka posted:

Gonna go home and hug mine like crazy.

Me too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

The guy has been a publicity whore all his loving life. That KarKarshian poo poo? That's his fault, he's the one that go the show and basically rules over that loving clan. He's nothing more than a human poo poo right now, no matter what his athlete deeds were - he's only about publicity and money, in that order and I seriously wish that whole loving waste of oxygen family would just gently caress off and I can never hear about them again. You do your damnest to avoid celebery bullshit and it's just impossible to avoid, it's vomited up everywhere.

Okay, gently caress that poo poo I would much prefer to talk about how loving awesome Fury Road is.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

CommieGIR posted:

I ended up staving off the sadness from hearing about this by designing a circuit that can detect breathing from an infant and will set off an alarm if the breathing ceases.

Spoken like a true engineer.

My condolences to the family.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CommieGIR posted:

Run with this poo poo. Make something good come out of a tragegy. :unsmith:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Thanks to jet lag I'm lying awake on my futon in a Buddhist temple hostel in Takayama. They don't turn on the hot water for showers until 7.

Last night's yakiniku was amazing:

Gonna ride the hype shinkansen over to Kyoto later and spread the word about V8 to poor lost souls led astray by I4.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Last night's yakiniku was amazing:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/xpdsIXl.jpg[/timg

Is that like Kobe beef? It looks bangin'.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Torn Quad Jones posted:

No i have not tell me more :allears:

You said you wanted fiction, so I chose to whisper sweet little lies into your ear :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mooseykins posted:

Is that like Kobe beef? It looks bangin'.

Hida-gyu... Same breed as Kobe, but raised in Gifu prefecture instead of the Kobe region.

It was incredible. I ate a shitload.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Run with this poo poo. Make something good come out of a tragegy. :unsmith:

I'm actually seriously looking at this, we've investigated some clothing based pressure transducers and wiring that would trigger a timer and after so many seconds (60-180) if another breath does not follow will trigger a buzzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Gonna ride the hype shinkansen over to Kyoto later and spread the word about V8 to poor lost souls led astray by I4.
You like model cars? If going to Tokyo after Kyoto, stop off in Shizuoka, check out the Tamiya factory's small visitor's centre. Also Rainbow Ten if you're after shopping for model kits, they have about the best prices I've found, and a good selection.

• Locked thread