Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

kingcom posted:

Wait its actually not Chubbo :stare:

ha it's chuubo

Davin Valkri posted:

I'll never understand trolls :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

kingcom posted:

Wait its actually not Chubbo :stare:
well, the full title is Chubbo's Whimsical Heart Health Telethon but y'know

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Davin Valkri posted:

I'll never understand trolls :smith:

Nothing I have posted in this thread has been trolling.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

Davin Valkri posted:

Gamma World is that D&D4e meets Fallout setting, right? I think I had a chance to try it once for a superhero-type game.

Also someone who uses a "$" as a substitute for an "s" sounds...ta$tele$$.

Gamma World was also a 1978 roleplaying game by E. Gary Gygax which touched on these kinds of themes long before they were trendy. It's been published in various forms since then, though I don't know if any of them were good besides the latest one. Anyone played them?

Ningyou posted:

If their poor combat rolls have consistently been *the* thing keeping them from participating in the game, and if it's happening with another player too, I kind of feel like that's less a poor luck problem and more a 'yo maybe this DM should give them opportunities to participate that don't involve stabbin' stuff a bunch and it is a Warning Sign if the DM is simply like WELP TOO BAD' problem

Though if combat's what you're there for idk what to tell you.

really idk in general the whole of my experience with D&D is playing a pixie barbarian in a 4e game with something like ten players that selfdestructed like 2-3 sessions in :ohdear:

This, yes. I mean, I could elaborate if this isn't enough for you, but it really should be.

Ningyou posted:

okay this thread is now about being an anime but like not gross and longwinded and Too Anime like exalted

let's talk about anime elfgames that don't have weird gross rapewizard poo poo or ~~~~~~~~~~~ravishing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ or w/e

i'd be like GOLLY HOW BOUT WE SHARE OUR FIRST EXPERIENCES WITH ANIME-THEMED ELFGAMES bc ~inspired~ by the LESSER JUNEY-COME-LATELY CHAT THREAD but not sure if good idea help

I don't think 'too anime' is Exalted's problem. I'd like Exalted more if everything were like this, though.

spoilers: lesbians AND touhous

Effectronica posted:

Nothing I have posted in this thread has been trolling.

Look at you, fighter: a pathetic creature of randomly generated statistics and proficiencies. Who are you to challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Among your countless number, none shall sing by their own capability, but instead by the will of a world's god or the roll of a die. Fated to roll and fight, forever, eternally, until that very god grants you the boon of attention and usefulness - if they ever do.

Ten to the power of eighty fighters...and in the end, they are all the same.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Queen Fiona posted:

Look at you, fighter: a pathetic creature of randomly generated statistics and proficiencies. Who are you to challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Do they pant and sweat as they run through 10 foot corridors? Is it your will that gave them their magic items, the only value in that fluff they call a character sheet?

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
If god says you don't get magic items, you don't get them. They'll probably tell you this is a realistic world where magic items don't just happen, but reality is theirs. It's a poor god who chooses to make life less interesting.

Perhaps they'll dole them out, like little breadcrumbs, to fuel your little hunt across those ten-foot corridors, their tongue panting, desperate for any little drink of power you can give them. With enough reward in mind, they will suffer any indignity for the sake of that little taste of usefulness and interest, and in the end, their will is yours to command, with just the slightest promise of power. Conditioned, so easily, to follow your every whim.

Until, of course, they find out their friend who was giving them all these tips is none other than the final boss.

...hmmm. Perhaps boring fuckboy fighters are interesting after all! :h:

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Queen Fiona posted:

If god says you don't get magic items, you don't get them. They'll probably tell you this is a realistic world where magic items don't just happen, but reality is theirs. It's a poor god who chooses to make life less interesting.

Perhaps they'll dole them out, like little breadcrumbs, to fuel your little hunt across those ten-foot corridors, their tongue panting, desperate for any little drink of power you can give them. With enough reward in mind, they will suffer any indignity for the sake of that little taste of usefulness and interest, and in the end, their will is yours to command, with just the slightest promise of power. Conditioned, so easily, to follow your every whim.

Until, of course, they find out their friend who was giving them all these tips is none other than the final boss.

...hmmm. Perhaps boring fuckboy fighters are interesting after all! :h:
W--

w-well gosh ma'am when you put it like that i almost want to give D&D another shot

and when I say D&D i REALLY mean 13th Age but y'know

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

This is why I just play a glorious anime wizard and ignore magic Items, problem solved.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Stormgale posted:

This is why I just play a glorious anime wizard and ignore magic Items don't play "traditional" dungeon crawls, problem solved.

Although what do those anime wizards look like? Squat old Master Roshi like men or something better?

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Ningyou posted:

W--

w-well gosh ma'am when you put it like that i almost want to give D&D another shot

and when I say D&D i REALLY mean 13th Age but y'know

Here, have some cybernetic modules. :h:

Stormgale posted:

This is why I just play a glorious anime wizard and ignore magic Items, problem solved.

:thejoke:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The real joke is the fact I don't play D&D anymore if I can help it Or any other elfgames :smith:

Davin Valkri posted:

Although what do those anime wizards look like? Squat old Master Roshi like men or something better?

Anime wizards nowadays generally fall into the younger age brackets, think more harry potter than Merlin.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fau is good, moron

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Fungah! posted:

fau is good, moron
He is good.

Oh sweet fau, so good and pure....why, i can see him so clearly in my mind's eye!

Hands clasped in prayer, his innocent heart's light making my kokoro swell and flutter and pound

Fau.........................................................is good.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Fungah! posted:

fau is good, moron

*nods* and exalted

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

K Prime posted:

Someone should make an rpg based on the aesthetics of Grimes.

Wait, that's just a Dune rpg.

Wait, is there a good Dune rpg?
There is an official one but so far it's just okay.

There was a d20 fan one and it's pretty crap.

There is a French one that's supposed to be good, got supplements and everything, but in French. Hope you speak moon.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

There is a French one that's supposed to be good, got supplements and everything, but in French. Hope you speak moon.

This reminds me of the most random thing: isn't E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy based on some French RPG?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

French ain't moon, hon.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ningyou posted:

He is good.

Oh sweet fau, so good and pure....why, i can see him so clearly in my mind's eye!

Hands clasped in prayer, his innocent heart's light making my kokoro swell and flutter and pound

Fau.........................................................is good.

so like, your posting gimmick's to ba annoying as poo poo or something right

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Fungah! posted:

so like, your posting gimmick's to ba annoying as poo poo or something right

Actually, ningyou is a better poster than FAU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
id say theyre both :mediocre:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Meinberg posted:

Actually, ningyou is a better poster than FAU

Good posting: reposting the output of a Markov chain made up of old livejournals.

Bad posting: puns.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Ningyou posted:

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Deleter posted:

id say theyre both :mediocre:
Okay, but what does your ego say?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

He says hi

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

My seelischer Apparat are in agreement (for once) in that they have no idea where this even started. My superego believes that given the choice they'd take ningyou over plutonis and the like, though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Ningyou posted:

That sounds like a good name for a con game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

My seelischer Apparat are in agreement (for once) in that they have no idea where this even started. My superego believes that given the choice they'd take ningyou over plutonis and the like, though.

They have some poo poo taste then.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If Ningyou, Gunky Junket and that Enhyndra something guy that bolds and capitalizes words at random posted on the same thread I'd feel really physically ill IRL if I read it.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Must be tough living out in the tropics with such a frail constitution, then.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wahad posted:

Must be tough living out in the tropics with such a frail constitution, then.

When I was interned in the hospital with a case of dengue fever I spent three days laying in a bed sweating all the liquid in my body and suffering with horrible muscle pains on the joints, legs and arms yet I wasn't as miserable as I was during the few minutes I spent reading this thread.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Oh! Poor Plutonis, suffering in perpetuity at the miserable hands of the great Leviathan known as Traditional Games, chained to the inescapable horror of Something Awful forever, eyes forced open so that he has not a single moment's respite and must stare at this ghastly tableau, without alternatives.

Truly we must all pity his endlessly tortured existence.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Wahad posted:

Oh! Poor Plutonis, suffering in perpetuity at the miserable hands of the great Leviathan known as Traditional Games, chained to the inescapable horror of Something Awful forever, eyes forced open so that he has not a single moment's respite and must stare at this ghastly tableau, without alternatives.

Truly we must all pity his endlessly tortured existence.

Doesn't Plutonis regularly frequent parts of Something Awful that are even worse with regards to casual vitriol and/or bad grammar, though? You'd think he'd be a bit more inoculated to our benign strain of the virus.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

If Ningyou, Gunky Junket and that Enhyndra something guy that bolds and capitalizes words at random posted on the same thread I'd feel really physically ill IRL if I read it.

Don't you dare malign Enhydra lutris.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

Doesn't Plutonis regularly frequent parts of Something Awful that are even worse with regards to casual vitriol and/or bad grammar, though? You'd think he'd be a bit more inoculated to our benign strain of the virus.

what? Imp zone? Eh, it's not so bad, I'd give it a shot.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Ningyou posted:

okay this thread is now about being an anime but like not gross and longwinded and Too Anime like exalted

let's talk about anime elfgames that don't have weird gross rapewizard poo poo or ~~~~~~~~~~~ravishing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ or w/e

i'd be like GOLLY HOW BOUT WE SHARE OUR FIRST EXPERIENCES WITH ANIME-THEMED ELFGAMES bc ~inspired~ by the LESSER JUNEY-COME-LATELY CHAT THREAD but not sure if good idea help

My first elfanimegame was a BESM 2nd edition game run by a grognard who had his own unique anime version of the "girlfriend in canada" thing; his super-awesome wife who was a medical student and also a trained martial artist, and her family owned a big estate in Japan. Every time he had a GMPC, it was in some way his self-insert, and he insisted on having a second GMPC to represent his Japanese doctor martial artist wife except coincidentally he'd be playing that GMPC as well (also he was a retired Army ranger who was required by the terms of his discharge to carry a firearm with him wherever he went so evil communists couldn't kidnap him and steal the knowledge in his mind).

It lasted about five sessions. I played a Lensman.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Davin Valkri posted:

Hypnofetishism is one of those paraphilias that strikes a creeping, existential dread into me, and then coupling it with saccharine gabble adds nausea to the mix.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

what if i was just funnin' about the whole hypnokink thing and creeping existential dread is my REAL fetish :wink:

also my fetish: "suffering in perpetuity at the miserable hands of the great Leviathan known as Traditional Games" like JEEZ WAHAD WAY TO just SHARE THE SECRETS OF MY HEART WITH LIKE EVERYONE

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 2, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

they post better there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I KNOW AGILITY IS MY DUMP STAT, BUT I'M SURE I'LL GET A CRIT ON THIS CHECK, BECAUSE I'M HOMER SIMP*Rolls a 1 and gets impaled on a spike trap*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

they post better there

• Locked thread