Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Trash is a pretty cool aesthetic. There's something strangely magical about the junkyard, the culmination of useful garbage, ignored and tossed away, waiting for the careful to plunder its depths.

Much like the human heart, in a way.
It's nothing like that, you dumbass. Where are the valves. Where are the loving valves and chambers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

fosborb posted:

the valves and chambers were inside you all along.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gunky Junket please stop posting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

that's the dumbest emoji i've seen all week :getout: like what is that even supposed to be, a long-dead laughing poop emoji spoken of only in centuries-old legend and reborn as an anime or something

the key to good emojis is that htey communicate concepts and words and feelings and that is the equivalent of handing someone a sheet of sandpaper with a =^_^= drawn in the middle in chalk and being like NO SEE THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MANGA IT'S JUST IN BRAILLE IS ALL

it's just

unclear and unhelpful

GOD

FactsAreUseless posted:

Gunky Junket please stop posting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, that's what it was, Gunky Junket was just too genderqueer to handle. She wasn't an insane person posting 5,000-word rambling essays and PMing literally half the forums.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though you post real bad, I don't know if it's a dumb gimmick or what but it's real bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Deleter posted:

id say theyre both :mediocre:
Okay, but what does your ego say?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

Speaking of disappointment, i guess Hannibal is starting up again and I really, really hope that doesn't somehow go bad this season? Because the first two seasons were amazing but then I didn't think PoI would feature Smarmyteen McChildlaborlaws, Samaritan avatar (or resolve the Dominic/Elias thing by some rando shooting both of them because ~~~~~outliers~~~~) either so idek.
They already got away with Autism Superpowers in the first season, which is basically the dumbest thing a procedural can do, I think they'll be okay from here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

you and FAU post pretty similarly.
Do we?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

Real talk, this conversation has ~inspired~ me and I plan to make a CSI Cyber-themed PBTA game with such playbooks as "lil bow wow," "the one with a beard," "james cyberbeek," and "the girl who really meant to be in a cory doctorow book but this seemed so much more interesting at least for like a minute and a half and then she was stuck 'cos she couldn't just leave that would be rude"

Stretch goals: "THE CYBERPSYCHOLOGIST," "the out of control cyberteen she'll hack anything and kill anyone that's how cyberteens are"
Please have an ability where faster typing = More Hacking.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leadership power: Bolstering Shout

"The download's at 40 percent!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ugh.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

gale

gale pls
PYF Hunger Games quote.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Maybe i'm just Kicking up a storm.
None of your friends come over when you make Greek food because they're tired of your "gyros of the storm" joke.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Whoosh! Whoosh bam! Arrow kill, ten points!" - Katniss Everdeen

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Don't we... Brrrrother?
I sure as poo poo hope not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

....okay the gyros of the storm thing was actually halfway-clever. <3
Write some more incoherent nonsense posts about it, you unbelievable narcissist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Honestly swap the avatars and I wouldn't be able to tell you two apart right now.
We do post so similarly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

You are an example of Post modern art.
Post-modem art ITT (56k no!)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

"I'm just so tired of all these hunger games!" - Katniss
"I'm hungry... for bow justice! Take aim, archers!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

These games are making me hungry. - All the Seinfeld Cast
"I am the master of my domain." - Peeta

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So does the tiny font indicate that you're muttering to yourself and nobody should read it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

wouldn't the whole post be in tiny font then

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stormgale posted:

poo poo guys and girls I ran the numbers and we are running out of posts, so you better ensure your posts hold up to the highest standards or you might waste em.
You joke, but given some of the server issues lately...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

ummmmmmmm no we're going to move past our differences and hold hands and cuddle and become Best Chat Thread Friends ("thrends," if you will) Forever
The two chat threads are basically Master and Blaster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I actually didn't see this thread when I made the other one, but I am crazed by my desire for control over the Traditional Games forum. It's why I run the offsite Trad Games Joss Whedon IRC and we talk about Joss Whedon all day and I ban anyone who says anything different than me about Joss Whedon.

Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon. Joss. Wheeeeeeee don.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

well duh, who the gently caress do you think controls the board game thread hivemind?
Some sort of avatar of boringne- oh, right.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think everyone is aware by now that Joss "Wil" Whedon-Wheaton is bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fsmhunk posted:

Well that's too bad, because my guys at Steve Jackson Games have countless more Cthulhu themed products if you change your mind.
In strange eons even death may die, but Munchkin still won't be fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Queen Fiona posted:

I, for one, would gladly take the lead in the Liberation of Gor. :h:
There are lesbian Goreans out there, though. Don't ask me how that works, seriously.
Appropriate use of the [sub] tag.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ettin posted:

It's "uguu".
Not in Portugese.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

That's not portuguese.
[in 50s comedian voice]The priest said the same thing! I said I said I said the priest said the same darn thing!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eh portuga sim manolo vc q devia estudar mais aew
What is this, Portugese-Canadian?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

All that is clear communication and it's way more modern than old people walls of text.
The Australians desire you, and wished me to send you a message: return down under, where you belong.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

holy dooley i got me stung by the gympie gympie tell my sheila to take care of my dingo, my didgeridoo and me ankle biters *decapitates self with boomerang *
Wait, why does this guy have two dicks?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You people need some zoloft ASAP.
Hey man why you gotta call me a sap :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm so sick of being called a sap, a sucker, a rube and a mark by people with old-timey 1920s voices!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

You forgot "ne'er-do-well," "crum bum," "ragamuffin," and "dozy dupe what got hornswoggled with half a handshake an' a wooden nickel"
A ne'er-do-well would be someone taking advantage of a sap, a crum bum could be a sap but is not necessarily a sap, they are just someone lazy, a ragamuffin is an adorable child, but the fourth works. I should have remembered "dupe."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though one of these days I will get the other half of that handshake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

It breaks my heart that "bisexual prostitute-detective" is too long for a username.
bi whore-dick. Done. Synonyms!

• Locked thread