Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sigma 6 posted:

Looks great so far! I am envious of anyone who can speed paint. So, I feel your pain.

Here is some figure drawing from tonight.

penis

Nice weiner - IMO I think you should spend more time on the weiner though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

For some reason I just discovered I like the pencil tool in manga studio :v:.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've been carving a lot of rubber stamps this month.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

I did a Han Solo stamp, and one of my coworkers said I was wasting my time doing minor characters, when I should be focusing on the real star, Jar Jar Binks. So I made him this stamp:

Edgar Allan Poe

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Nikola Tesla

1950s spaceman

Klaus Nomi

Boba Fett

Daft Punk

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

genesplicer posted:

I've been carving a lot of rubber stamps this month.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

I did a Han Solo stamp, and one of my coworkers said I was wasting my time doing minor characters, when I should be focusing on the real star, Jar Jar Binks. So I made him this stamp:

Edgar Allan Poe

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Nikola Tesla

1950s spaceman

Klaus Nomi

Boba Fett

Daft Punk

These are really really cool!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Been in a bit of a rut/playing too much videogames, feels good to get back into the swing of things

Hotdog cherub. A value study for a painting.

Edit: I can't seem to figure out img tags on mobile, sorry if tables were broken

Figured it out

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 29, 2015

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
It's been a while since I've posted anything, and it's been a while since I've drawn anything for myself. I was recently watching a process video by Slawomir Maniak (who's name I shall forever have to copy-paste because I can't say it, let alone spell it) and really wanted to try out the way he does his initial build-up. I pretty much always start from line to build up forms when I'm drawing. This was a good exercise in using shapes instead.

Here's the video I was inspired by, in case anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0QMYaXXeqs

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Ideas for next month?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Grotesque/arabesque. Might be a bit too narrow in scope though. Also it's a shameless plug for what I'm working in :v:

For those not familiar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grotesque

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
I've been drawing fish lately

Moonfish (ref 1, 2)

Seahorse

Freshwater angelfish (ref)

Guppy (ref)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Gonna squeak one in real quick before this thread closes:

Messin' around with colour. I think it turned out okay. A pretty striking combination.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Messin' around with colour. I think it turned out okay. A pretty striking combination.

Nice. Feels a bit unnatural since there's no reflected colours happening, like the hair would make the skin kinda pinkish/purpley & her hand would have some green highlights.

Edit: also the hair looks tacked on since the shadow that goes up her body ends at her hairline.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Not nearly done, but getting somewhere!

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Phylodox posted:

why she topless

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

dog nougat posted:

Grotesque/arabesque. Might be a bit too narrow in scope though. Also it's a shameless plug for what I'm working in :v:

For those not familiar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grotesque

Yeah I don't know, topics that need a lot of effort like that don't seem to have done well in the past. How about post-apocolyptic, since everyone is excited about Mad Max and Fallout 4 right now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That'd be awesome.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Pick posted:

That'd be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006