Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

InnercityGriot posted:

Joc Pederson is better than outfielders 4-9 on the all-star outfielders list, TTO for life.
He's actually been better than Stanton and Holliday this year too

(but somehow Ethier's bat has been even better than that lolz)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

tadashi posted:

I can't believe how poorly Giants are doing in the balloting. Usually they do really well at stuffing the ballot box the year after winning the WS. I realize paper ballots are gone but I'm pretty sure Bay area fans know how to use a computer.

Eh, there's been a pretty huge jump for Giants players compared to last week. Give us a little more time and we should be able to slot Crawford, Aoki, and Panik in there.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Nobody wants to watch Nori Aoki ugly slap his weak rear end singles in the All Star Game, Joc will hit 475 foot moonshots.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Dodgers shouldn't be allowed to participate in the ASG strictly due to how garbage Puig was in the HRD

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

InnercityGriot posted:

Nobody wants to watch Nori Aoki ugly slap his weak rear end singles in the All Star Game, Joc will hit 475 foot moonshots.

Dingers are great, but Nori is a damned entertaining player to watch in other ways. Generally not for being good at baseball reasons in most cases I'm thinking of I'll admit.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

New Concept Hole posted:

The Dodgers shouldn't be allowed to participate in the ASG strictly due to how garbage Puig was in the HRD

Sass-pedes 2013 Never forget:

quote:

"Not to be disrespectful to him at all, but I know him from Cuba," Cespedes said through an interpreter. "This is not the type of competition he would be able to excel at. He's not really a home run hitter, so I believe I would win."

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Love this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Aoki has the best K% of anybody qualified in the majors right now, so that's gotta count for something (Posey 4th, Panik 11th)

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
If you vote for only one player, make it a perfect specimen of humanity and divinity.

So what I'm saying is everyone please vote for Brandon Crawford, tia

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
N: In the Jays last 10 losses, they have lost by a combined 13 runs.

V: They just don't want it bad enough.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

InnercityGriot posted:

Seriously, I pick my ASG OF to just be a continuation of the home run derby.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

tadashi posted:

I can't believe how poorly Giants are doing in the balloting. Usually they do really well at stuffing the ballot box the year after winning the WS. I realize paper ballots are gone but I'm pretty sure Bay area fans know how to use a computer.
lolwut? Aoki Pagan and Pence are all higher than they deserve to be.

edit: seriously these three

Aoki - .313/.385/.404 - 129
Pagan - .299/.324/.371 - 98
Pence - .258/.310/.424 - 109 (and only 17 games)

are all ahead of these three

Upton - .302/.363/.536 - 150
McCutchen - .278/.369/.472 - 133
Pederson - .254/.380/.550 - 156

(4th number in each row is wRC+)

Giants fans seem to be doing just fine stuffing the box this year.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 2, 2015

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I think this means the Miami Marlins are officially a Minor League franchise.

Good God that shirt is ugly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah that's awful, but no surprise...

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shirt should say 2015 AL Champs and WS Losers in 4 games. :colbert:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Inspector_666 posted:

I also wrote in Barry Bonds.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Those shirts look like absolute poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

N:

V: JOCSMASH

I believe those are known as JocJams

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

How the gently caress is Stanton not in 2nd? :mad:

Because Holliday has 50 points of OPS on him?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

YOU DID THIS MARLINS

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

YOU DID THIS MARLINS

I just wish Loria would fade away into non-existence

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
“We’re not just talking about playing baseball. We’re talking about walking and standing and being pain-free,” - David Wright

Yeah, so Gee and Niese for A-Rod, who says no?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Braves are currently only 3.5 out of first in the East. I hope they tank this month. I'd like for management to not think there's a glimmer of the playoffs and then do something stupid like try to get an overpriced bat for some ill-conceived run at a wild card berth.

Regardless of whatever they do, they always seem to be in contention for the NL East Title, which is annoying as gently caress from a Mets fan's perspective.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Guys I'm legit said that the best home grown position player in Mets history is basically dead.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

davecrazy posted:

Guys I'm legit said that the best home grown position player in Mets history is basically dead.

Daryl Strawberry is 53 but I think he's probably still healthy.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Some Numbers posted:

The Mariners are breaking my heart. Again.

At least we got those cool Sunday alternates out of this year :unsmith:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Wright fighting back tears. This loving sucks.

So reading between the lines the Mets total loving incompetence in handling Davids 2011 stress fracture in his back plus his predisposition towards stenosis basically means he's been fighting this for years.

He's basically going to have to get his spine fused sometime in the future and if he does play has a legit chance of hurting himself in a way that could cause future quality of life issues on top of the ones hes already admitted too.

But he'll be back "sooner then later". Anybody want a to buy a bridge to Brooklyn? I got one cheap.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 3, 2015

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm not even remotely a Mets fan but holy poo poo that's awful. No player deserves a lovely fate like that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

David Wright posted:

"Really what brings on the achiness and the discomfort and the tightness is in an upright position," Wright said. "And that's just classic symptoms for the condition that I have. So it's a matter of trying to be symptom-free."

He'll be back this year and be able to play at his usual level guys, we swear! Trust us, we're the Mets!

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

This but unironically. I think. Unless you're being ironic.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Marco Estrada is the Jays best starting pitcher.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Barry Zito slumming it in AAA is too weird.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

MassaShowtime posted:

Marco Estrada is the Jays best starting pitcher.

The Nationals have the magical ability to make most pitchers look good

also I'm really sorry to hear about Wright. He seems like one of the nicest dudes and mashed when Healthy :smith:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

InnercityGriot posted:

This but unironically. I think. Unless you're being ironic.

I was actually being serious.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm a lovely graphic designer for a huge corporate HQ and every week I have to make a banner like this to recognize someone on the janitorial staff for going above and beyond the call of duty.

The award is called the "Sweeping Success!". The prize is you get to wear a sticker for a week. Said sticker has a smiling, happy broom on it.

Anyway, I feel like I can relate to the guy who had to make this graphic, on a personal level.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm a lovely graphic designer for a huge corporate HQ and every week I have to make a banner like this to recognize someone on the janitorial staff for going above and beyond the call of duty.

The award is called the "Sweeping Success!". The prize is you get to wear a sticker for a week. Said sticker has a smiling, happy broom on it.

Anyway, I feel like I can relate to the guy who had to make this graphic, on a personal level.

drat. I'm sorry, dude.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

N: Joey Gallo owns

V: Joey Gallo owns

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oh come on, it's clearly Gallowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Tom Gorman posted:

This Post has been Nominated for "POST OF THE DAY!" Congratulations! You're a Posting SuperStar! Wear Your Head High!

• Locked thread