Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

N: Joey Gallo owns

V: Joey Gallo owns

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

FlamingLiberal posted:

Oh come on, it's clearly Gallowns

That's where the sent the ball.

Because he killed it.

:haw:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Make it happen A's

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Make it happen A's

I mean, can the bullpen get worse?

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I mean, can the bullpen get worse?

They already have a nobody starting with an ERA over 5, why not a Zito?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

For real, despite my dickish whiny-thing earlier if Barry puts on the green stirrups at age 37 I'll 100% tune in and cheer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tom Gorman posted:

For real, despite my dickish whiny-thing earlier if Barry puts on the green stirrups at age 37 I'll 100% tune in and cheer.

Yea I can get into that

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm a lovely graphic designer for a huge corporate HQ and every week I have to make a banner like this to recognize someone on the janitorial staff for going above and beyond the call of duty.

The award is called the "Sweeping Success!". The prize is you get to wear a sticker for a week. Said sticker has a smiling, happy broom on it.

Anyway, I feel like I can relate to the guy who had to make this graphic, on a personal level.

Barry Zito is baseball's version of the retired guy who took up a job as a janitor right now, so it's basically the same thing.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

quote:

Cleveland IndiansVerified account
‏@Indians

Our bullpen caught Moss' 100th home run ball.

They delivered this ransom note to Brandon after the game.

#Windians

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ricky's the only smart one there asking for cash

Or Zep asking for the lube drum.

Either way those two are the only brains in this operation

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Rzepczynski knows what's up.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

The Nationals have the magical ability to make most pitchers look good

No, I mean Marco Estrada is the Jays best starting pitcher because the Jays starting pitchers are ummmmm scuffling

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Lloyd McClendon three days ago posted:

ERA means nothing when it comes to closers.... And I've been known to stand up for my players, so I'm standing up for my closer. He's pretty drat good. … What matters is whether or not you can get it done and close the game out.

Dear Lloyd, I loving dare you to stick up for the FRE poo poo show for much longer.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Last night Andrew Cashner became the first pitcher in MLB history with 10 or more hits and 10 or more K's in less than five innings of work. Tonight, in the same series, for the other team, Noah Syndergaard became the second.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Love the organization tweeting out 50 gallon drum of lube

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

$5000 cash or iPad

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Intruder posted:

$5000 cash or iPad

$5000 cash can buy many iPads
explain how!
money can be exchanged for goods and services!
ooooh!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lol Rodney lol bunting :smithicide:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

N: Alex Guerrero hit a pinch hit grand slam with two out in the ninth to put the dodgers up by 1.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/70087564/v142495683/ladcol-guerreros-slam-gives-the-dodgers-the-lead/?query=Alex%2BGuerrero

V: how much longer is Mattingly going to keep benching him for Some Random Guy

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ricky's the only smart one there asking for cash

Or Zep asking for the lube drum.

Either way those two are the only brains in this operation

Somebody should have asked for a lifetime supply of Bullfrog.

Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

Der Meister posted:

N: Alex Guerrero hit a pinch hit grand slam with two out in the ninth to put the dodgers up by 1.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/70087564/v142495683/ladcol-guerreros-slam-gives-the-dodgers-the-lead/?query=Alex%2BGuerrero

V: how much longer is Mattingly going to keep benching him for Some Random Guy

Well, he was brought in as part of a double-switch so it wasn't technically a pinch grand slam, but yeah I agree 100% with the rest of this.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tony Phillips posted:

Dear Lloyd, I loving dare you to stick up for the FRE poo poo show for much longer.

McClendon running over to third base just so he could yell at Randazzo individually was the best part of that game last night.

EDIT: Followed very closely by the absolute wave of profanity that CC unleashed when he fielded that bunt.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 3, 2015

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I like Nori Aoki down to basically the conceptual level, but the idea that he is in the running for an All Star spot is ludicrous.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

News: The Orioles just traded Alejandro De Aza to the Red Sox. Views: The Orioles should have resigned Nick Markakis.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Can someone post the Twitter pic that Kit Kat sent of Stanton hitting a baseball with a tennis racket, in response to him eating a Kit Kat incorrectly? I don't understand how these newfangled tweeters work

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Ha! Yusssss. Thanks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm guessing this was a decent team.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Kid on the left was just told he had to pitch batting practice without a net

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Bryce saw a fan last night trying to take a selfie with him in the background, asked for the phone, snapped a selfie and threw it back.

https://instagram.com/p/3ce_WTm6ee/

Owns

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tony Phillips posted:

He did. In his postgame interview, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "he blew a save, it happens."

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Grittybeard posted:

Wasn't Kris Bryant also on that team?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Inspector_666 posted:

Yes lol

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

He did. In his postgame interview, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "he blew a save, it happens."

Ahhh, of course. Had that game shut off within seconds of that 3 run homer landing.

But to agree with a prior post - Lloyd running out specifically to yell at the 3rd base ump was pretty drat wonderful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tony Phillips posted:

Ahhh, of course. Had that game shut off within seconds of that 3 run homer landing.

I did the same, but I specifically wanted to see what Lloyd said about Rodney, so I dug the interview out of mlb.com.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Inspector_666 posted:

I think he was a couple of years older and played with or against Gallo or Harper's brother? They played against each other in high school.

Just a little bit of talent in that area back then.

e: Yeah Bryant played with Gallo's older brother. They both played with Harper but apparently not at the same time.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 3, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Grittybeard posted:

Man what kind of Little League lets you get your last name put on the jersey? Our league was so cheap we had to return the jerseys after the season was over.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
We had to return the uniforms and heaven help you if someone on base had the helmet size you needed. You'd be going up to the plate wearing two hats underneath a "Large" helmet.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

seiferguy posted:

Man what kind of Little League lets you get your last name put on the jersey? Our league was so cheap we had to return the jerseys after the season was over.

A travel team that their parents probably paid a lot of money for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Groucho Marxist posted:

A travel team that their parents probably paid a lot of money for

Weren't they like 8 or 9 then? Granted I wasn't good enough to play on a travel team then, I don't remember the kids that were skilled playing travel ball until like 11 or 12. Nine years old was the first kid-pitch level in my LL.

(Although starting age 10 we got to keap out jerseys. Ages 10-12 were all "one" league. You did a try-out and you literally got "drafted" onto a specific team for which you played the next 3 years. Coaches could assign 10 or 11 year olds to the upper or lower team and 12 year olds were automatically upper)

Capt. Sticl fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 3, 2015

• Locked thread