Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

If he's invoking his NTC, he'll only accept trades to teams that are near or better than Cleveland last year. After 28 games this year, he'll start using Cleveland's record this year. "Near or better" I think is determined by amateur draft slot, it's everyone later than Cleveland plus like 3 or 4 teams before them. After 28 games, it's winning percentage, and I forget the cutoff there.

saintonan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
so basically what you're saying is he's a jerk

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Devo posted:

so basically what you're saying is he's a jerk

He just really wants a chance to blow more saves in the playoffs.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

saintonan posted:

If he's invoking his NTC, he'll only accept trades to teams that are near or better than Cleveland last year. After 28 games this year, he'll start using Cleveland's record this year. "Near or better" I think is determined by amateur draft slot, it's everyone later than Cleveland plus like 3 or 4 teams before them. After 28 games, it's winning percentage, and I forget the cutoff there.

I honestly had no idea it changed after 28 games. I thought it was just like permanently last year's records.

On a related note, anybody lemme know if you're interested in Slim Green.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

keep Derrick Graves forever so that he can give up hits to relief pitchers :getin:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Holy smokes Leo Egan's opening day snapshot rating drop

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Holy smokes Leo Egan's opening day snapshot rating drop

Maybe Levrault will remain the home run king after all?

(Haha no he won't Jeff's black sorcery is too powerful for that)

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
I've been meaning to ask, is there a Super 2 deal here if I bring up someone from the minors, or is it just three years rookie contract + 3 years arb

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The broken bones posted:

I've been meaning to ask, is there a Super 2 deal here if I bring up someone from the minors, or is it just three years rookie contract + 3 years arb

Arb begins after a player has completed 3 seasons, there are no super 2s in HBD. What many people do is keep players in AAA for 20 games (on the minor league schedule), so that when they're promoted, that promotion year will end up being less than a complete season, so the counter doesn't increment on rollover. The rule of thumb is that one week after the minor league seasons begin, it's safe to call up people you don't want to start the arb clock on. For Dimaggio 32, that safe point will be next Sunday morning.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Seriously, gently caress this team.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

It's been 3 days and I've already had two false alarms with minor injury to SP announcements.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

Power of Pecota posted:

It's been 3 days and I've already had two false alarms with minor injury to SP announcements.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Woooo first guy to get elbow surgery this year, sleep well Rubby Serra.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sweep Hartford, get blown out by Boston. Makes sense.

Also all of Boston's AAA starters are going 255 pitches so he probably needs to fix that.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Boston is also CBoulding on twitter. I'm not using that for a little bit, someone else nudge him please.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

To TMB and nasboat: thanks for the blurb about the Camp world. This offseason is nuts and FA period hasn't even started yet.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

saintonan posted:

To TMB and nasboat: thanks for the blurb about the Camp world. This offseason is nuts and FA period hasn't even started yet.

Camp is interesting. I don't have a ton of moves to make because I've already got a poo poo ton of payroll and need to find a frontline starter (or bring back Payton), plus my current team has done pretty well so far in the past few seasons as is. :)

reeeeeeally gonna need to figure out the SP situation though.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I kind of hate my Zimmer offense. I took over kind of a davewillie superoverall offense. So i'll be trading off most of those guys next season. I have a rather awesome assortment of pitching coming up over the next 2 seasons, so that'll be fun.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

nasboat posted:

Camp is interesting. I don't have a ton of moves to make because I've already got a poo poo ton of payroll and need to find a frontline starter (or bring back Payton), plus my current team has done pretty well so far in the past few seasons as is. :)

reeeeeeally gonna need to figure out the SP situation though.

Payton is a pretty drat good starter, and judging by the number of $20M salaries in Camp, he's gonna be expensive.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I know it's a minor league game but, well, you don't usually see this when every pitcher used was at 100%

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=71440095&pbp=0

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

What did you have Tejera set at that he threw 255 pitches?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

saintonan posted:

Payton is a pretty drat good starter, and judging by the number of $20M salaries in Camp, he's gonna be expensive.

what's hilarious is I didn't even have to true max him for that first deal (and if there were ever a guy who earned a max deal, it would be Payton and his 5 years with me). 5/101 was the original price.

Now that he's 35, it'll be interesting. I can afford to go pretty high, really just depends on how much I want to have him making on the back-end when he's almost 40.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

EvilBeard posted:

Seriously, gently caress bullpens.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

saintonan posted:

What did you have Tejera set at that he threw 255 pitches?

I had my HEART set on BELIEVING in Felipe Tejera.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Derrick Graves has a 7.04 ERA after giving up another 2 runs in 0.2 innings.

That is only the third worst ERA in my bullpen.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

my team is garbage and I don't even give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Make time move faster so I can bring up Terrence Weinhardt

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My team of type A castoffs and misfits has scored the second most runs in the majors. Sample sizes are fun.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Small sample size aside, Slim Green's underperforming rear end can get on the bench after his last season. Vladimir Thompson's going to the outfield, Everett Sierra's playing 3B. Salem Saberhagens, S32:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DbQx4iDa0

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

me irl:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
We have another injury on our hands. Chip Steele at the ML level will be sidelined roughly 34 HBD days stemming from his recent misfortune [Neck, bulging disk]. He definitely needs to go on the DL; whether it's the 15-Day or 60-Day depends on how you view your roster's flexibility. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Derrick Graves

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

tatankatonk posted:

We have another injury on our hands. Chip Steele at the ML level will be sidelined roughly 34 HBD days stemming from his recent misfortune [Neck, bulging disk]. He definitely needs to go on the DL; whether it's the 15-Day or 60-Day depends on how you view your roster's flexibility. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

you won that game, but I won the war

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Vladimir Thompson's in all likelihood gonna hit his 500th dinger this season (currently at 485) and the only other players to do that all with the same franchise are Sandy Nitkowski (505), Steve Sweeney (562), Vin Mendoza (588), Iago Haughian (646), Leo Egan (975), and Carl Levrault (984). Pat Hallman from Toronto was a little bit short at 489.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My AAA pythag is .904 and it's not the highest in the division

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Not hard to do when you have two different teams that are 0-17 and doing stupid poo poo like pitching guys with 0 fatigue while their actual starters are playing infield positions.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah that's the point I was making so someone hopefully will fix it

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

.500!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Fun fact: Trey Fischer has won more pitcher of the week awards than Chick Wehner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Can we promote our minor leaguers now, or do we have to wait for AM?

• Locked thread