Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

THINGS TO DISCUSS

-Impact Wrestling's deal with Destination America is in jeopardy, possibly ending in September. In the interim, it's moving to Wednesdays at 9/8c, following Ring of Honor Wrestling (the syndicated show).

-In other bad news, TNA Wrestling's been sued by Eric Bischoff, Jason Hervey, and Garett Bischoff over late pay.

-There's also wrestling going on! The Wolves/Dirty Heels series is good so far. EC3's probably going to win the World title.

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwjIf02ZCY0

THIS MONTH'S PPV: Slammiversary XIII

Presumptive matches:

Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
The Wolves vs. Austin Aries & Bobby Roode in Match No. 5 of the best-of-five series for the vacant TNA World Tag Team Championship
James Storm vs. Magnus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
You forgot Dixie Carter vs Email.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

just like WCW the opening stuff is great and the main event is utter trash

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Isn't it
ROH
TNA
ROH?

So wouldn't ROH be both the opening act, and the main event? TNA is just the main support act?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^^ ROH at 8&11, TNA 9&12

So here's how I see this play out:

TNA contacts ROH to do some cross promotion.
ROH says agrees to it in principle, asks for further meetings
TNA starts to make outlandish demands, ROH pulls out
TNA cancelled in sept, blames it all on ROH

DA fills their wednesday night wrasslin block with ROH and other companies with syndicated programming.

unless TNA can make it worth DA's while to stay on, they're hosed. Either they gotta get the viewership numbers up or start negotiating with sponsors directly. The sponsors would be the easier route because I think they've capped viewer numbers. But even on the sponsorship bit, that'd be tricky. How could you sell TNA as a place where you want to put your ads? TNA, for all the weird poo poo they've done over the years have failed to leave a cultural or commercial impression.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
love u cap

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I hope TNA is cancelled and replaced with NECW and SSW tapes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love TNA.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

coconono posted:

DA fills their wednesday night wrasslin block with ROH and other companies with syndicated programming.

unless TNA can make it worth DA's while to stay on, they're hosed. Either they gotta get the viewership numbers up or start negotiating with sponsors directly. The sponsors would be the easier route because I think they've capped viewer numbers. But even on the sponsorship bit, that'd be tricky. How could you sell TNA as a place where you want to put your ads? TNA, for all the weird poo poo they've done over the years have failed to leave a cultural or commercial impression.

I think the Corgan thing was a reasonable attempt at gaming the sponsors, he's not really relevant anymore but anything helps when you have to sell your ad space to cults.

I've always said they need to cut the big wages of guys like Hardy and Angle, that those guys are too big for what the company is now, but the international touring doesn't happen without the names and it's like the only time TNA isn't desperately sad anymore.

My gut prediction is that they find an even sillier network to give them even less money than DA.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

If TNA is willing to just take the same deal ROH and anyone else would get than I imagine they could stick on DA as long as there's no serious burned bridges there. Obviously that might be the case and DA may just rather work with someone other than TNA, but if they want to be in the wrestling business and want a block of shows I doubt many promotions could draw bigger numbers than TNA. For all its flaws and bad image its still the defacto 2 or 3 or whatever. PWG or House of Hardcore or Chikara or whoever won't bring in a big, unique audience and don't at least currently have the tv formatted product DA presumably wants.

But again, maybe TNA has just poisoned the well and DA would just rather start fresh with someone else. But who knows? And it could mean another setback for TNA and more cost cutting but it kind of seems like if TNA has any future its as a full fledged indy without the bigger names and the "pseudo WWE/WCW" company they've tried to be for so long.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Cross promoting is really out of ROH's hands considering it's a tape buy and not actual first-run programming. They're not going to advertise TNA on tapes that don't air exclusively on DA, so it's really up to DA to run commercials during the breaks or have graphic overlays hyping Impact after ROH.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cross promoting is really out of ROH's hands considering it's a tape buy and not actual first-run programming. They're not going to advertise TNA on tapes that don't air exclusively on DA, so it's really up to DA to run commercials during the breaks or have graphic overlays hyping Impact after ROH.

getting tna on tapes that go non-DA channels is the beginning of the unreasonable demands, followed by demanding kurt angle pin jay briscoe clean

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

getting tna on tapes that go non-DA channels is the beginning of the unreasonable demands, followed by demanding kurt angle pin jay briscoe clean

It'll be hilarious levels of vitriol about how Kevin Kelly won't mention that TNA made AJ, Daniels, Kaz, Joe, etc.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Transphobic contraversary to start the week

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

rovert posted:

Lol at your avatar

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

If TNA became an off brand Drag Race I'd probably still not watch it honestly but

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

rovert posted:

hot

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

rovert posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with this loving company? :stare:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Calm down that's like the least dumbest thing they've done since breakfast

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yeah this is about a 5 or 6 on the storm warning chart at best

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why is Borash's twitter avatar him looking like a student movie warlock with a fat cat?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA sucks

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Hahaha wow, I must have missed that one.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You are a saint.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Where's Chris Daniels' plaque, dammit?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Don't forget these

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

never forget

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That picture of Kurt Angle looks like he just decided he wanted to eat the guy holding the camera.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fat Lowtax posted:

I think the Corgan thing was a reasonable attempt at gaming the sponsors, he's not really relevant anymore but anything helps when you have to sell your ad space to cults.

I have to know what cults by ad time during TNA :allears:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Shakenbaker posted:

http://www.eckankar.org/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm the CRT monitor

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

oh my god

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Eckankar means "Co-worker with God." It offers ways to explore your own unique and natural relationship with the Divine.

"Hey God. Oh! My kid's got a ballgame on Tuesday and I was hoping you could cover my shift for me."

This is great and I hope they got a good return on their investment.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Shakenbaker posted:

Not a cult, but this was a sponsor a year or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVqNodNdLQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

Not a cult, but this was a sponsor a year or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVqNodNdLQ