Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

Not a cult, but this was a sponsor a year or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVqNodNdLQ

It's catchy at least :shrug:

I think Austin's ad for the cougar dating site is weirder, but maybe that's just because it's Stone Cold personally trying to sell the service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shakenbaker posted:

"Hey God. Oh! My kid's got a ballgame on Tuesday and I was hoping you could cover my shift for me."

This is great and I hope they got a good return on their investment.

I actually signed up for their mailing list but they never sent me anything

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Not even a CC on an e-mail calling you a dummy?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

oatgan posted:

Joke's on you, they sold your identity to Scientology. Find out what Tom Cruise's next movie is for me, thanks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

didnt they send you a pdf or something or was that you just gleaning info from the website

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

no you're right they sent me some ebooks

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

oatgan posted:

no you're right they sent me some ebooks

This explains her godawful cookies.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TNA are doing another twitter campaign.

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/605545391719903232/photo/1

As usual, it's going to bomb badly since it's TNA and they can't do anything right.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"share it to your socials" lol

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Kurt Angle looks about as vacant as the tag champs. He looks like he has no idea where he is

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Answers Me posted:

Kurt Angle looks about as vacant as the tag champs. He has no idea where he is because he's one neck/head injury away from a morgue.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

when D.A drops TNA, they can always go to MavTV and be the lead in show to Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, another lovely fed no one watches.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Answers Me posted:

Kurt Angle looks about as vacant as the tag champs. He looks like he has no idea where he is

He also looks like he shaves his head and face to hide the fact that he has gone gray and would look even older than he does, ie. like he's a million years old.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA held another conference call last night and this time they finally addressed the DA and ROH situations and the talent finally know what's going oahahahahahahhahahahahaah I'm just kidding, it was all about social media and how to better connect with fans and raise their profile

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If the conference call wasn't 'everyone in TNA has had their Twitter deactivated' this will end in the most hilarious way possible.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Kurt Angle still wrestles? I figured he would have broken in two by now (to then be stiffed on the medical coverage by TNA).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Psykmoe posted:

Kurt Angle still wrestles? I figured he would have broken in two by now (to then be stiffed on the medical coverage by TNA).

The answer to all of those is yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he did the WWE free rehab twice now? Both while under TNA contact.

jfc Dixie, sell some of your ranch acreage and put together a medical slush fund for your workers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
please rename me eckankar master debra

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
More details on the TNA/Discovery email:
http://talktnapodcast.com/uncategor...irms-the-story/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Who's she referring to?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Josh Matthews.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Josh Matthews.

Is he mad about something?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What Karen was talking about seemingly

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

What Karen was talking about seemingly

So are the Jarretts out of/mad at TNA? And is the Funkasaurus responding to that? I'm a little confused.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

So are the Jarretts out of/mad at TNA? And is the Funkasaurus responding to that? I'm a little confused.

Previously, TNA talent could work GFW house shows but not TV tapings. Now they can't do anything it seems.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
According to PWInsider TNA offered AJ Styles a TNA Hall Of Fame induction and a return match at Slammiversary but he has rejected the offer.

May 13th on this forum I said AJ turned TNA down again:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717205&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post445292363

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
God drat. rovert knows.

I wish he would have taken it and come out wearing ROH gear/the IWGP belt or something, a la his Pioneer Award acceptance. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he thought that bringing out his New Japan strap to TNA would just bury it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://www.celebvm.com/kurtangle

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

rovert posted:

According to PWInsider TNA offered AJ Styles a TNA Hall Of Fame induction and a return match at Slammiversary but he has rejected the offer.

May 13th on this forum I said AJ turned TNA down again:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717205&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post445292363

I don't think anyone here worth a drat doubts you anymore

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

oh my god mean gene is here and i can finally get my friend the gift i've wanted to get her for years

nickrowefillea thank you so much

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oblique posted:

I'll literally never doubt a thing he says again if it'll get my and nickrowenfella's avs back (the rest can rot)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

HulkaMatt posted:

oh my god mean gene is here and i can finally get my friend the gift i've wanted to get her for years

Gonna ask him for a message asking me for my thoughts on the match we just saw so I can be like "MEEEEEEEAAAAN, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BY GOD, GENE!"

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Psykmoe posted:

If Kurt broke in two, the two halves would still be trying to wrestle and TNA would probably make them both World Champion.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HulkaMatt posted:

you are welcome hulkamatt

now who wants to give kurt angle 50 bucks to make him read an extra good post from this forum

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NickRoweFillea posted:

now who wants to give kurt angle 50 bucks to make him read an extra good post from this forum

Obvious answer is the PEX Chris Benoit post, but it might be more thoughtful and timely to get him to read the PEX Obamailures post, coinciding with the Republican primaries.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oblique posted:

I like the citations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

have him read a Fucktrain Jethro promo from the Fire Pro goon league thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Obvious answer is the PEX Chris Benoit post, but it might be more thoughtful and timely to get him to read the PEX Obamailures post, coinciding with the Republican primaries.

Oh my god I forgot he was the same person who made that post hahahaha

Too bad he's perma'd, imagine the gems he might have had to say about TNA

• Locked thread