Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Apparently it's not that expensive for 70,000 followers. Only about $25. Does absolutely nothing for you since you've got no additional eyes on you and it's just a fake number on a screen.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fake-twitter-followers-test-2012-8?IR=T

BRB going to buy myself a million followers and proclaim myself bigger than Meltzer.

I'm surprised TNA's marketing budget hasn't gone towards trying to buy enough bots to get them more followers than WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Bob Ryder bought 65,000 Twitter followers. Please don't let TNA die, this loving promotion is too funny.

https://twitter.com/theryekid/status/616432756961099776

I loving love this company.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I’m surprised Dixie doesn’t shell out for Tout followers so she can say TNA has more Tout followers than WWE.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What were seltzers ratings for the ppv?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

What were seltzers ratings for the ppv?

He didn't even bother.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

KungFu Grip posted:

He didn't even bother.

That's a shame.

In a (possibly not) unrelated topic, what was the last match to get a minus star from Dave?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

He didn't even bother.

Yep, though he did add that no one gave a gently caress:

quote:

Besides being poorly promoted and having a lackluster lineup, the 6/28 show in Orlando at the Impact Zone, the last event of five straight days of taping, was the first live PPV show since the move to Destination America whittled away greatly at viewership. And TNA was doing in the 8,000 buy level on Spike. Our feedback was at about the level we'd get for a Dragon Gate show, and significantly lower than TNA PPV shows of the past.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Couldn't Matt go back to ROH? Or did he really sever all ties and any possibility of working with them when he returned to TNA?

afaik Matt is on good terms. He's still the mentor for the kingdom so with a possible Cole faceturn coming up I could see him coming back in

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

people will actually buy fake twitter followers for people as a way to annoy or harass them since their interactions will fill up with bot follows, plus then you can point to it as a way to discredit someone. I don't have any confidence in bob ryder but I also definitely think one of we wrestling trolls on twitter might do it a SWERVED

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

quote:

As noted, Kurt Angle will be undergoing surgery to remove a benign tumor in his neck. The tumor was discovered in 2012 but there were no problems associated with it until now - the tumor was starting to block a nerve in Angle's arm and he was beginning to get some atrophy in the arm. The surgery to remove the tumor is not a major deal and Angle expects to be back in the ring in three weeks.

Stop it Kurt

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kurt. :sigh:

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I kind of want to buy Bob Ryder a few thousand followers to see if he acknowledges it or not

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the most Kurt Angle story in history

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There are so many Faustian deals going on in TNA that I'm fairly sure that TNA will never die and Kurt Angle will be forced to wrestles for them until the heat death of the universe.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

keevo posted:

Stop it Kurt

So he's literally only getting cancer treatment because it is causing muscle atrophy. Hahaha, classic Kurt! <freeze frame, laugh track, credits roll over a picture of Owen Hart lying on the ground>

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

corn in the bible posted:

So he's literally only getting cancer treatment because it is causing muscle atrophy. Hahaha, classic Kurt! <freeze frame, laugh track, credits roll over a picture of Owen Hart lying on the ground>

it is benign so it isn't cancer

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonzo McFee posted:

There are so many Faustian deals going on in TNA that I'm fairly sure that TNA will never die and Kurt Angle will be forced to wrestles for them until the heat death of the universe.

In this rendition of "The Picture of Dorian Gray", Dorian Gray will be portrayed by all of TNA, and Kurt Angle is the picture.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keevo posted:

Stop it Kurt

It's a work, you drat mark. Billy Corgan just wants to finally get his win back over a guy named Kurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's a work, you drat mark. Billy Corgan just wants to finally get his win back over a guy named Kurt.

:golfclap: well played.

• Locked thread