Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

coconono posted:

^^^ ROH at 8&11, TNA 9&12

So here's how I see this play out:

TNA contacts ROH to do some cross promotion.
ROH says agrees to it in principle, asks for further meetings
TNA starts to make outlandish demands, ROH pulls out
TNA cancelled in sept, blames it all on ROH

DA fills their wednesday night wrasslin block with ROH and other companies with syndicated programming.

unless TNA can make it worth DA's while to stay on, they're hosed. Either they gotta get the viewership numbers up or start negotiating with sponsors directly. The sponsors would be the easier route because I think they've capped viewer numbers. But even on the sponsorship bit, that'd be tricky. How could you sell TNA as a place where you want to put your ads? TNA, for all the weird poo poo they've done over the years have failed to leave a cultural or commercial impression.
If TNA is willing to just take the same deal ROH and anyone else would get than I imagine they could stick on DA as long as there's no serious burned bridges there. Obviously that might be the case and DA may just rather work with someone other than TNA, but if they want to be in the wrestling business and want a block of shows I doubt many promotions could draw bigger numbers than TNA. For all its flaws and bad image its still the defacto 2 or 3 or whatever. PWG or House of Hardcore or Chikara or whoever won't bring in a big, unique audience and don't at least currently have the tv formatted product DA presumably wants.

But again, maybe TNA has just poisoned the well and DA would just rather start fresh with someone else. But who knows? And it could mean another setback for TNA and more cost cutting but it kind of seems like if TNA has any future its as a full fledged indy without the bigger names and the "pseudo WWE/WCW" company they've tried to be for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread